Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller (Mod warning, Post 1350)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That would makes sense if that number wasn't off by a lot due to deleted posts. Why not just edit the OP post with a message in red like most forums do? 90% of posters will never spend the time to look through for the warning, so it's pointless and just increases the amount of work you have to do from people not knowing.

Or even just use the Threadmarks feature so people can click right to it from any page.
Was off by only 1 actually, just corrected.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Was off by only 1 actually, just corrected.

You can also use the threadmarks feature to make a post viewable from any page, so the post # doesn't have to be relevant

bOdcXex.png

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
lol, this Miller guy is probably an idiot, but his family and his agent might actually be dumber.

You're never playing in the NHL dumbass, next time hire some one who knows something about PR and don't listen to your idiot parents who are trying to play this off as no big deal.
IIRC, Simmonds is one of his companies clients.

Yup, he is, and I don't think Simmonds has much time for racism. I wonder what he thinks of one of his companies agents carrying water for, and pumping this wonderful human beings tires.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
IIRC, Simmonds is one of his companies clients.

Yup, he is, and I don't think Simmonds has much time for racism. I wonder what he thinks of one of his companies agents carrying water for, and pumping this wonderful human beings tires.

He needed PR help or parents who were morons like 2-3 years ago. At this point, it's too little, too late.

When they recognized he might have a shot at the NHL, if his parent's had any damn sense and could drop their damn pride, they should have dropped their dummy kid off at the other kid's house and insisted he do chores/house work for them or something ... anything.

Instead of that their play is to do a PR campaign where you're trying to blame the victim for not being handicapped enough? That's your plan?

Not very smart.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
You know it's bad when Bettman goes against his own team that he let get away with suspensions. This means fire Sweeny.

Unless it means Bettman's team is now Vegas. :sarcasm:

As a Zona fan I dislike this post... ha.

I also dislike Mitch Miller and am glad he is no longer with the Yotes. I think what's most important (and getting lost here) is the message this signing sends to everyone in the league including us fans. "Hockey is for everyone" sure I guess that applies to racist scumbags too. Apparently it doesn't apply to black players like K'Andre Miller or Byfield or Seth Jones or the Subbans (etc etc), I guess we don't care about making sure African American players feel safe from harassment in their own workplaces.

And yes, obviously as a culture you can easily go too far in the other direction and there is absolutely such a thing as being too woke. But that is not what is happening here. Here, we have a situation where a potential player repeatedly tormented a black disabled kid, calling him a n****** (among other things) FOR YEARS. He ran a push pop in a urinal and made the guy eat it ffs, that is American History X level s***. Wherever the line you want to draw that separates normal bullying behavior from literally being a racist sociopath, Mitch Miller has crossed that line, repeatedly.

If I was a Bruins fan I would be horrified that my team -- who talks so much about culture -- would knowingly sign someone with this kind of background. Maybe Mitch Miller has changed and maybe he hasn't... but what does a player like this do to a dressing room. How many black players will refuse to sign as Boston UFAs, how many more Akim Alius will get lost in the system because we are being too tolerant of the wrong kind of behavior.

And even if Mitch Miller has changed, what does that do to your fanbase? Mass is a blue state, Boston is an even bluer city, not everyone will believe he's actually changed and in that case those fans will not support a team who supports a racist scumbag. And if he actually makes the team and becomes a good player, this issue will never go away, not in today's polarized world. From a business perspective, this signing was a dumb f***ing move.

All that to say -- as a Zona fan the only thing we've done right the past five years is renounce our rights to this guy.

Boston (and the rest of the league), please learn from our mistake of drafting him in the first place. If it wasn't worth the s***storm in Arizona there's no way it'll be worth it in any actual hockey market

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I’ve been a Bruins fan for almost my entire life. People love to jump on the Bruins for anything they can. I watch the entire interview with Sweeney and yes, people deserve second chances, but for crying out loud, you have to earn the second chance. This doesn’t seem like he’s earned anything. I hope this kid never plays a game in the NHL. If I still lived in Massachusetts and was going to the games, I know that if he was allowed to play in the league I would be booing this kid or I just wouldn’t go. I’m extremely unhappy with this signing.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Like a week ago when he reached out and said it had nothing to do with hockey?
No like the the time he went to their front door to apologize in person and the mom refused to open up the door. Before the media got ahold of this situation.

The family doesnt need to accept any apology from him. But cant go running to the media saying he never attempted to apologize

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No like the the time he went to their front door to apologize in person and the mom refused to open up the door. Before the media got ahold of this situation.

The family doesnt need to accept any apology from him. But cant go running to the media saying he never attempted to apologize
Do you have an article with this info? Was it around a time when he was trying to get back into hockey?

The family have said he's attempted to apologize a few times. But every time was apparently when he was trying to make a move in hockey. Hence the latest attempt. He apologized before the USHL as well.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I think we need to forgive the player and stop a witch hunt. If he is truly sorry, we must move forward. For we all have sinned in life, and that is why God gives us redemption.

He who is without any sin, cast a stone at this man. Otherwise, he has no accusers.

“Witch hunt”? That’s not the right term here at all.

Much of the point here is that there’s been very little outside of scripted apologies that shows this kid (now man) actually has regrets for what he did and is truly looking to make amends.

I made plenty of mistakes in my life, but the concept of bullying never made sense to me. I wasn’t any hero; I don’t ever remember jumping in to stop it when I saw it going on. But from a young age, it came across to me as a rather serious character issue. The fact that this guy was doing it for 7 years to a mentally handicapped child is sick.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
To every single person who said that Miller was being a better person, here’s why you’re wrong and always were wrong.
That is why I am trying to stay out of this thread as much as I can. When he first got drafted, I posted he, his family and agent are playing the PR game hoping people wont notice he did not do what he said he was going to do

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad