Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller (Mod warning, Post 1350)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If this kid is half as bad as this woman claims, we would hear a lot more from others.

Right now, its one incident - and we have not heard both, complete sides.

It's multiple incidents of racial slurs and putting a candy in a urinal on top of that, and so what if there aren't reports of others. We know what his side was. It was no big deal according to him. Lets see if you would agree if someone did that to your kid if you ever have one. I bet you would be enraged.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Bruins will back out of this too IMO, Sweeney already said he was really on the fence about this and that was before several Bruins players came out in public to bash the move which now makes Sweeney look like an idiot and before Bettman himself came out and basically said "the NHL does not want this, don't be a dummy and go ahead with it".

I think Sweeney got a rude awakening this weekend that this shit is not gonna fly for him.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
That's what I said in response to the 55 pages of defense claim. Perspective is important.
MOD

When someone says "Yet there is 55 pages here of defending the vile pervert. "
Are you telling me you actually think this guys is saying "the sole purpose of this thread has been nothing but 55 pages of defending him"?

Bc someone who isn't living in the clouds would recognize what he's saying is that through 55 pages, this thread features mitchell defenders consistently through the entire thing. But I guess the difference here is you're clinging desperately to a literal take when an actual honest, reasonable person would realize how stupid it is to do so.

Separately. Like I just quoted. You went to "Very few posts are defending him" This is now a unique take of YOURS. One that I pointed out was incorrect. You thens tupidly adjusted to "well 99% of posts arent defending him" in direct reply to me saying that ":very few posts are defending him" is a pretty bad take.

Again. These are either extremely dishonest or extremely dumb takes.

And during our back and forth you have a good dozen plus people who've chimed in to minimize or dismiss what Miller did. People questioning the victims and moms integrity. Basically all the stuff that's been going on through most of the 55 pages of this thread...which...yknow...is what that guy was actually implying.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Bruins will back out of this too IMO, Sweeney already said he was really on the fence about this and that was before several Bruins players came out in public to bash the move which now makes Sweeney look like an idiot and before Bettman himself came out and basically said "the NHL does not want this, don't be a dummy and go ahead with it".

I think Sweeney got a rude awakening this weekend that this shit is not gonna fly for him.
NHL contracts are guaranteed. They can't just choose to terminate it. They'll need to buy it out to get out of it.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The rest of it is this

- I hate bullies personally, and never was one.
- I know many bullies, that learned over time, how awful they were, as kids.
- what's both kids history ? Was Mitchell from a bad family ?
- this Mitchell kid is gonna hear about this, for the rest of his life. He will be on a short leash.
- continuing to educate and attend community events, is bound to drive home good practices. He has indicated this.
- I'll agree, a greesy kid this Mitchell, but let's hear more from someone, other then the victims mom
- Miller abused a mentally disabled kid for YEARS
- There is CCTV footage of some of the events
- The VICTIM (Who you seemingly don't appear to mention?) was already dealing with challenges he never asked for when Miller brutally abused him, creating further challenges for the kid.
- Miller performed 25hrs of court mandated community service.
- The judge residing over the case apparently didn't find Miller remorseful.

After the aforementioned events, Miller is now being told that he is now being given the opportunity to join the 1% of society.

Fame, fortune, wine, cars, women, luxury clothes, expensive food, trips across the world, every single need and want given to him on a gold platter.

What does the victim get?
A continued existence with a disability caused by a genetic anomaly he never asked for.
Trauma brought on by the conscious decision making of other human beings

Mitchell Miller is not entitled to play hockey. Did you know that there are innumerable other professions in the world?

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
To the NHLPA, this isn't about Miller, it's about Bettman trying to take unilateral power not given to him by the CBA. The NHLPA has no choice but to fight Bettman on that to prevent such a precedent from taking hold.

They would be completely negligent as an entity for the players if they didn't fight that.

The PA should welcome a mechanism that allows the league to protect its reputation and integrity. The Bruins players who have spoken out are almost universally against Miller entering their locker room, and for good reason. Why on earth would they support their own union then forcing such a situation upon them? That’s lunacy.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
NHL contracts are guaranteed. They can't just choose to terminate it. They'll need to buy it out to get out of it.

Once they are actually in the league, sure, Miller is a long way from that, and even guys who are in the league and have put up 20 goal pace seasons in recent history can find their ass in the KHL or Europe faster than you can blink.

No one is owed shit here.

If you have ambitions for being in a high profile, public work setting, here's a f***ing pro-tip. Don't be an asshole. Yes, even when you're 14. Especially a racist asshole. It will come back to bite you in the ass in this day and age.

These are billion dollar brands, people don't want your dirty laundry stinking up the room.

Reactions: PBandJ

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
When someone says "Yet there is 55 pages here of defending the vile pervert. "
Are you telling me you actually think this guys is saying "the sole purpose of this thread has been nothing but 55 pages of defending him"?

Bc someone who isn't living in the clouds would recognize what he's saying is that through 55 pages, this thread features mitchell defenders consistently through the entire thing. But I guess the difference here is you're clinging desperately to a literal take when an actual honest, reasonable person would realize how stupid it is to do so.

Separately. Like I just quoted. You went to "Very few posts are defending him" This is now a unique take of YOURS. One that I pointed out was incorrect. You thens tupidly adjusted to "well 99% of posts arent defending him" in direct reply to me saying that ":very few posts are defending him" is a pretty bad take.

Again. These are either extremely dishonest or extremely dumb takes.

And during our back and forth you have a good dozen plus people who've chimed in to minimize or dismiss what Miller did. People questioning the victims and moms integrity. Basically all the stuff that's been going on through most of the 55 pages of this thread...which...yknow...is what that guy was actually implying.
Oh, so you are crediting him for not being literal, then think my statement is meant literally and not made in "perspective" comparatively?

Sure... :eyeroll:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The PA should welcome a mechanism that allows the league to protect its reputation and integrity. The Bruins players who have spoken out are almost universally against Miller entering their locker room, and for good reason. Why on earth would they support their own union then forcing such a situation upon them? That’s lunacy.
The NHLPA cannot allow the NHL to unilaterally operate on Bettman's whim. That is a HUGE step towards loss of bargaining power.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
You didnt prove it, You just posted an article. Where in the article does it detail what the judge says about Miller's letter?

He never did. Like I already said, the judge made those comments during the sentencing, not during the court ordered apology. Can you prove that the judge made similar comments about Miller's apology?

Assen na yo

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Oh, so you are crediting him for not being literal, then think my statement is meant literally and not made in "perspective" comparatively?
Yes. bc you separately made an individually incorrect statement and compounded it with something even more nonsensical.

"This has been 55 pages of pure defense" is one thing

"There are very few posts defending him" Is another VERY different thing.

So when I pointed out that the SECOND thing is incorrect, it is flat out dishonest to do what you do when you said

"99% of posters arent defending him"

This would be something you would say to contradict quote 1...and only if you were dishonest enough to take him literally.

This makes zero sense to say as a reply to me saying that "very few posts are defending him" is in conflict with reality.

He never did. Like I already said, the judge made those comments during the sentencing, not during the court ordered apology. Can you prove that the judge made similar comments about Miller's apology?

Assen na yo
Still waiting for you to provide any evidence of what the judge said in response to the letter.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The magistrate made those comments about Miller's lack of remorse at the sentencing, not during his court ordered apology.

Claiming Miller harassed the victim with racial abuse for 2 years after the court case is nonsensical. If he had done that, the victim's mother would have gone to the police and Miller would have gone to the juvenile detention center for 5 days for breaking his no contact order.

Assen na yo.
Isaiah's mom literally stated he kept doing it two year before his draft.

So I don't give two f***s about your opinion on actual facts.

Whatever gitchy gitchy Na yo.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

One would think the NHL would accept a termination in this case, no?

(The NHLPA would then probabably grieve this)

Reactions: PBandJ

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
One would think the NHL would accept a termination in this case, no?
The PA would never allow that, and it makes sense why.

The Bruins are gonna have to eat shit here. I wouldn't be surprised if they just bought it out.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Termination is against CBA rules unless it's mutual. The NHLPA wouldn't allow it to happen.

I shouldn't post before completing my posts :D

The PA would never allow that, and it makes sense why.

The Bruins are gonna have to eat shit here. I wouldn't be surprised if they just bought it out.

They'll grieve it, and like litterally all other grievances, the termination will be "settupheld". Meaning Mitchell Miller will probably end up with something like 80% of his AHL deal.

• Haha
Reactions: PBandJ and TaLoN

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sweeney will cave.

Direct from the commissioner of the damn league is against this, his own top players are against this, and the media is ripping him a new one too.

Not worth it. For what? Maybe a no.3/4 D at best, lol. Sweeney probably knows after the last 48 hours, he dun goofed on this. He was probably hoping it would be a small story, but it's become the no.1 story in the NHL and it's overshadowing his team's start.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Turns out he ignored attempts by Special Hockey AZ and OH to reach out and work with him.

But he's so remorseful and wants to better himself, guyz!

Yeah again, I don't think he's really sorry. Is he more mature now ... sure I would hope so, but I don't think he's really that sorry for what he did either.

And I think a lot of his shit behavior comes from shit parenting on his parents part, and his parents are probably behind the scenes telling him it wasn't that big of a deal as well, which has probably ironically is killing his career chances.

If his parents had half a brain and they saw their kid had an actual shot at the NHL, even from a cold, ruthless POV they should have ordered their dumb ass kid to go kiss the ass of that kid and his parents for a year, two years, whatever it takes. Cut their grass, shovel their side walk, whatever.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
You know it's bad when Bettman goes against his own team that he let get away with suspensions. This means fire Sweeny.

Unless it means Bettman's team is now Vegas. :sarcasm:

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Sorry bub. Gary Bettman and the AHL already said he's ineligible. Thanks for playing.

If you think those were real apologies then that's on you.
I couldn’t care less whether his apologies are sincere or not. You made the claim that he didn’t apologize when in fact he did. You just choose to claim something that’s false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad