Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller (Mod warning, Post 1350)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
f*** this dude.

I grew up with a kid like this man child in my neighborhood, the kid I knew used to physically bully a terminally ill neighbor a few years older than us, I was barely a teenager and knew that shit was disturbing as f***.

Neighborhood scummer used to play good cop bad cop with me as well, one day my buddy, next day f***ing with me to look cool....so many memories of him being an absolute piece of shit to people and their property.

I did not see him for years as we end of going to different high schools and all the sudden one day he rings the doorbell at my parents house, IIRC I was probably just out of high school.....anyway....he legit stopped by to apologize for the way he was in years past, to be honest I didn't really think about it much at the time....anyhow.....not very long after that, maybe a year or so.... I heard he committed suicide, now I am going to be brutally honest here....this kid f***ed with and bullied a lot of people, a lot. He came from an insane family so there is part of me that empathized with that issue but I did not feel any remorse or sadness when I found out he killed himself, just pity.

Reactions: tfong

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I love how this "Carnegie Institute" is the gatekeeper of redemption. I wonder how many lavish lifestyles are supported by this stuff

Unfortunately for that lying sack of shit and his agent, they are the gatekeeper of whether someone has actually worked with them or not, which for some reason you seem to ignore.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Never should have been signed. Good riddance.

lol, knew it. The blowback was 100x worse than what they were prepared for. Oh well, good for them for doing this quickly rather than letting it linger and overshadow the team.

Good statement from Neely too, said everything that needed to be said and took responsibility.

Reactions: MXD

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
lol, knew it. The blowback was 100x worse than what they were prepared for. Oh well, good for them for doing this quickly rather than letting it linger and overshadow the team.
It’s not like they had much of a choice, especially when their own players were coming out against it.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
  • Haha

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It’s not like they had much of a choice, especially when their own players were coming out against it.

Yeah the moment Bergeron was there in front of cameras basically saying "I'm really not cool with this and this goes against our room culture", it should have be quashed, but Bettman's presser basically sealed that deal if there was any doubt.

Reactions: TheBeard and CDJ

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
So is your morality objective? And by what standard?

Who said it has to be? That's part of participating, even if it's only to say "I also don't agree with this, we are all in unison here about how to feel about this person/event"

Or if we're not, we'll argue about it. That's how it works.

"Virtue signaling" is just a sad attempt to dissuade people from being vocal about shit you don't actually want to hear, usually from the loud minority party.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Termination is against CBA rules unless it's mutual. The NHLPA wouldn't allow it to happen.
NHL and NHLPA have terminated contracts mutually before, for lesser things.

Brendan Leipsic literally had a group chat with lude conversations. What Mitchell Miller has done is far more serious with a decade of torturous racist behavior towards a disabled black kid.

The Bruins need to do part of it though - ask to terminate his contract and do the right thing. Then Neely and Sweeney need to apologize and be fired.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Who said it has to be? That's part of participating, even if it's only to say "I also don't agree with this, we are all in unison here about how to feel about this person/event"

Or if we're not, we'll argue about it. That's how it works.

"Virtue signaling" is just a sad attempt to dissuade people from being vocal about shit you don't actually want to hear, usually from the loud minority party.
If your morality is subjective, there's no such thing as an objective 'right and wrong' in your worldview, so the guy who thinks murder is moral is going to have just as much basis for his morality as you are.

So if you're saying "It's immoral to not continue making a guy pay for something he did when he was a stupid 14 year old kid", how is someone who says it's moral to allow people to grow from their past mistakes in their repentance any more or less 'moral' than you? Cause morality is subjective, am i right?

Re: Virtue signalling. Why do you need more people need to be 'vocal' about something this guy did when he was 14, despite apologizing directly to Isaiah and commiting to education on bullying? You're just beating a dead horse and dancing on the grave of this guy's hockey career, at that point. It's just silly and unneeded.

• Haha

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There's nothing there that documents continued abuse, besides a vague claim from the mother. It would clearly make a big difference, but without evidence it seems wrong to make the claim.
What the mother has stated has never been refuted as false. What Miller has done on the other hand is constantly lie or deny any wrong doing or the nature of his involvement which has been proven in court.

But please continue to defend the poor white kid that inflicted racial abuse for a decade as "Oh outside of the proof in court documents and witnesses, I need more."

The idiocy on this boards is just infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad