Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller (Mod warning, Post 1350)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Miller claims he apologized in a court mandated letter which was read aloud in court. Hand writing is awful but his letter was posted on another site:

View attachment 603283
Not only does this read as incinsere
Miller claims he apologized in a court mandated letter which was read aloud in court. Hand writing is awful but his letter was posted on another site:

View attachment 603283
Not only does this read as insincere, but it shows very little intelligence towards the severity of his actions. It doesn’t show any effort to change, or drive to improve as a person.

Removed deleted post

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Reminder of the facts: Miller and another teen were were convicted in juvenile court of bullying and abusing Isaiah Meyer-Crothers, a Black and disabled classmate. Miller repeatedly used racial slurs and forced Meyer-Crothers to lick a lollipop he smeared inside a urinal.

He should never get an NHL contract. Has nothing to do with “woke” or “left”. He’s a shit human being.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Disgusting.
I curse the Bruins for this move.

This just reflects better on the Coyotes.
I hope the Coyotes slurp up all the old-boys-club goodwill the Bruins seem to carry from season to season.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
People can change, hopefully he’s really sorry and can use some of the pro money to redeem himself. This is hockey, not the clergy. Being above reproach in your personal history, especially when you were 14, is not part of the job.
Nah he's filth and it was shown time and time again since the incident.
He never apologized (or if he did, it was like 5~ years later and after the Coyotes dumped him, and only when his career was on the line)

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Most people are not the same person now that they were at 14 years old. I remember reading up on the incident he went to court over and according to the victims family he had been using slurs towards their son in the 1st grade also. That tells me this is something that was learned, and most likely at home since he's probably not hanging out with other kids on the streets at 6 years old. Most first graders aren't using derogatory terms for their classmates unless it's something learned from their environment.

IF he's matured and distanced himself from that type of behavior and learned from it then he deserves a 2nd chance. Learned behaviors can be a very difficult thing to break someone of, and consequences for those behaviors over time are something that can can truly lead a person to finally see their wrongs if they didn't see them at the time.

Unpopular opinion, but there's a reason they generally seal the records of kids under 18. Often times they don't realize the true gravity of their actions until they become adults.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I don’t get it. What a stupid move. Does his talent really outweigh his history/baggage? Unreal to me. But nowadays, holding people accountable is considered “woke” and “cancel culture”. If you’re shit, you ought ti be treated as such.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
8th grade? Has he had issues that came out after that? Something you did in 8th grade doesn't completely draw a picture of what you are today. If he's gone on record laughing about it or continuing to be a jerk and or bully, that's different.
I can think of so many shitty things I did as a 13 year old......which I did because I was a 13 YEAR OLD BOY. Give the kid a second chance to prove he’s changed. Let’s hear if he’s been doing charity work, donating husbands time to underprivileged people, that type of thing can really change a person’s mindset. The point is let’s not judge someone who did something dumb as a kid, and come to the conclusion that he’s still the same POS.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Didn't Boston trade away Seguin for peanuts because he didn't/wouldn't fit in with their culture? Is that where we've reached now?
Moronic hypocrits.

Also didn't draft Barzal because he was cocky during his interview.

But this is fine for them?

This reeks of Neely; and you know what, as much as Neely was awesome as player. I'm done with him as an Exec.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Nah he's filth and it was shown time and time again since the incident.
He never apologized (or if he did, it was like 5~ years later and after the Coyotes dumped him, and only when his career was on the line)

Elaborate. What has he done since the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia