Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins sign Mitchell Miller (Mod warning, Post 1350)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Lol when I was in 8th grade I used to run around the playground imagining I was a airplane. I don’t even think I’ve heard the word disabled in my life at that point let alone be able to spell it. Why is this man being judged for something he did as a child. So ridiculous. Brendan Gallagher used to punch his own elderly grandfather in the nuts as a kid. Isn’t that far worse then callling a kid in a wheelchair a mean name.
Are you actually being serious?

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Grade 8.. shouldn’t define the rest of his life.. because of that mistake he’s never to get a career ??

Mistake?

When I was 14 I never made a disabled kid eat candy that I wiped around a toilet, I never called black people the N word and I never physically abused disabled kids for an entire school year..... At 14 if your doing that, Thats who are you.

Not to mention, he never once apologized to the victim and showed zero remorse.. The judge said so himself & the victims mother just confirmed this on twitter... She also stated he still made fun of him just a few years ago.

What a trash human being.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Real question for people saying that this is no big deal....

When does it stop being excusable for being a bullying and racist piece of shit?

Just curious at what point that stops being tolerable if 8th grade is too early in your minds.
Not to mention he had been slinging racist slurs at him since THE FIRST GRADE. He's sick in the head.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
You guys just gave a 4 year contract to someone who's been accused of doing even worse things as an adult so don't pretend like Oilers fans wouldn't embrace this dude too if he scored goals.
Oh f*** off. I dont even care if i get an infraction. Insinusting oilers fans are accepting of the kinds things this kid did should be just as punishment worthy. Go back under your rock. f***in turd

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I would like to know what Patrice Bergeron, probably the guy with the most sportsmanship in the NHL think of this move from his organization? I'm pretty he's livid about this.

POS move from Don Sweeney.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Not to mention he had been slinging racist slurs at him since THE FIRST GRADE. He's sick in the head.

Let's be real, if he's saying racial slurs in 1st grade, there is a bigger villain in this story than Miller. Whomever raised him is the real problem.

Hopefully the past few years have shown him the error of his ways, and broke the cycle.

• Haha
Reactions: IceBoxHockey

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Real question for people saying that this is no big deal....

When does it stop being excusable for being a bullying and racist piece of shit?

Just curious at what point that stops being tolerable if 8th grade is too early in your minds.
To pretend you don’t have an idea of right from wrong at the age of 14 is pretty absurd.

This wasn’t a single one off incident of bad judgement. This was systematic abuse and racial harassment of a disabled kid over a number of years. It’s disgusting and inexcusable.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Good.

Short of murder or rape, everybody deserves a second chance if they earn it. From all indications (his coaches, teammates, etc.) this kid has conducted himself in an upstanding manner s an adult.
He tortured the kid, rape is torture in another form

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Good.

Short of murder or rape, everybody deserves a second chance if they earn it. From all indications (his coaches, teammates, etc.) this kid has conducted himself in an upstanding manner s an adult.
Sorry but this is as bad as a rape IMO. The kid confidence got destroy probably forever after all thoses beating and everything he receive from that asshole. Most of these kid would have probably end their life the way that kid was treated so no Mitchell Miller does not deserve to have a chance to become an NHL player in my book.

• Haha
Reactions: 23Monahan

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Lol when I was in 8th grade I used to run around the playground imagining I was a airplane. I don’t even think I’ve heard the word disabled in my life at that point let alone be able to spell it. Why is this man being judged for something he did as a child. So ridiculous. Brendan Gallagher used to punch his own elderly grandfather in the nuts as a kid. Isn’t that far worse then callling a kid in a wheelchair a mean name.
this explains so much about you.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I would like to know what Patrice Bergeron, probably the guy with the most sportsmanship in the NHL think of this move from his organization? I'm pretty he's livid about this.

POS move from Don Sweeney.
He's played on the Bruins his whole career, he must have quite a tolerance

• Haha
Reactions: EveryDay

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Let's be real, if he's saying racial slurs in 1st grade, there is a bigger villain in this story than Miller. Whomever raised him is the real problem.

Hopefully the past few years have shown him the error of his ways, and broke the cycle.
Without question he was raised in a racist home. But his parents aren't the ones signing an ELC. They'll just be beneficiaries.

Reactions: dukeofjive

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I think bunch of players have done similar shit while young. What you do when you're 15 doesn't define you for lifetime IMO.

If he is still a POS and hasn't apologized, and made it up to the guy and his family... Thats a whole different case.

I dont like this signing because of the drama it brings to the Bruins who are currently doing super well.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Well...this is certainly a take.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I can be part of the justice by having a longer memory than the rest

I'll be in every Mitchell Miller thread reminding everyone what he did for his entire career.
I hope you have that same energy for guys like McTavish and Deangelo

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
And you have to wonder how much of this behaviour was inherited by grown adult parents who represent Mitchell's adult projection.
How do you even know how to be racist and throw slurs around when you are 6 unless your family has normalized it at home?

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I would say that 95% or more of Bruins fans are not remotely close to being on-board with this move, me included. Hopefully he never even gets close to AHL hockey.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
Man… I’m all for people changing, but I’m just not sure about this. I am also not sure what the upside for this kid is? Does he project as a top 4? Seems somewhat unlikely, no?

The risk for reward seems off.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I think bunch of players have done similar shit while young. What you do when you're 15 doesn't define you for lifetime IMO.

If he is still a POS and hasn't apologized, and made it up to the guy and his family... Thats a whole different case.

I dont like this signing because of the drama it brings to the Bruins who are currently doing super well.

Read what he did. What he actually did. Kids do stupid shit. What he did is way, way, way beyond that. If he truly has changed, he would start by apologizing to the f***ing family. I desperately no one in the league has done “similar shit”.

Absolutely embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad