GDT: Bruins @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
I think they are well past this sort of thing. I think they will win this game pretty definitively, with the game on Thursday being the closer one.
More worried about the Buffalo game.
Boston gets Edmonton tomorrow night.
Ghat would be huge going into Thursday with the chance to tie them

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Never been to one of your kids' recitals, have you?
Many times.

WHY?

Start Woll. We need him to face top teams to get him ready and confident for the playoffs. The Bruins might be our first round opponent too.

If Samsonov is our playoff starter this season is over.

I agree, strange decision unless Woll isn't feeling up to it and they haven't said.

Reactions: Buds17

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
More worried about the Buffalo game.
Boston gets Edmonton tomorrow night.
Ghat would be huge going into Thursday with the chance to tie them
I think Samsonov will get the Buffalo game as well, so that they can start Woll in the second Boston game.

Reactions: ashs

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
They have to use these games as prep for the playoffs, no? you can’t feed Woll the “easy” teams. He has to start against Boston on Thursday to test him against a legit team. If they don’t do that, I will question what the hell they are even thinking about. Unless they want Woll to regain his confidence against weaker teams first?

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Boston on a Monday, this is a dangerous way to start the week....If we lose my week is ruined lol

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Part of me wants Samsonov to get lit up. This team is f***ing done if he’s the guy. There is zero reason to have this plug start tonight with Woll backing up last game. Not to mention woll was awesome his first game back

Stupid move

• Haha
Reactions: Nick034

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Part of me wants Samsonov to get lit up. This team is f***ing done if he’s the guy. There is zero reason to have this plug start tonight with Woll backing up last game. Not to mention woll was awesome his first game back

Stupid move
Does that really surprise you?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why would anyone force themselves to watch something?
I had a 5 +yr streak of watching every night there was an NHL game on….last year was difficult, this year I couldn’t do it.
The semi-finals and finals are on ESPN/ABC this year so, depending on the matchups, I may not watch any.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Makes me feel like the organization is viewing Sammy as the number 1 right now. Seems like a questionable decision but we will see I guess.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Didn't Sammy just stand on his head against the Rangers? It's clear they want him to be the number 1 with Woll as the backup.

Gotta want Sammy to get as many reps as possible without tiring him out.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Makes me feel like the organization is viewing Sammy as the number 1 right now. Seems like a questionable decision but we will see I guess.
I don't think it's anything more than rewarding the guy for having a great game on Saturday. Playoff success is not going to be determined by who plays in net on March 4.

Reactions: LeafalCrusader

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't think it's anything more than rewarding the guy for having a great game on Saturday. Playoff success is not going to be determined by who plays in net on March 4.
I mean we aren’t 5 months from the playoffs. If Sammy gets both Boston games this week that is a pretty clear indication where the team thinks this is going.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
The first two Boston games were great games, despite results, by the Leafs and Bruins both, absolute great hockey games to watch as a fan of the game. Hope we get another tonight with the Leafs winning this time.

Although if the gods are willing a Leaf laugher would be fine too, and better for my blood pressure.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If it means we don’t have to play this pos again. Yep. How anyone in their right mind wants a loser in net is beyond me

So you'd prefer Jones of Samsonov? LOL

Woll just came off an injury, Sammy has been better than Jones. and was 0.914 last outing. We aren't going to win with Jones in net... so we need to get Sammy going, and Woll fully healthy and going.

We have no idea how Woll felt after the game, and if he needs a few days recovery, as he's getting back into game shape. Sammy is also 10-2 over the last 12 games... so he's been "good enough" in this stretch.. Last game he played very well, maybe you watched that? I mean, did he play like a loser last game?

It's such an extreme weird take, devoid of any recent info... ya, he had a bad stretch, and as of late, has been better... and sure, we'd like better still.... But this is an extreme take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad