GDT: Bruins @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I'm not sure the Panthers can't be caught.

Tomorrow, technically today now is the start of a back to back for both Florida and Boston.

Which means by Wednesday they will have 3 games in hand on Boston and 2 games in hand on Florida with 2 games coming up against Florida.

If they can beat Boston and the Rangers beat Florida things start getting interesting.
Should be an interesting stretch run. I think Boston has just run out of gas, and it sounds like they won't be getting hampus back until closer to the end of the season.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Bruins are playing awful right now but that doesn’t mean we won’t get the best version of them tonight.

Probably another OT game between two teams that go to OT a lot.
And Swayman is really good. He has kept them in a number of games they have played poorly and snatch points from still.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Should be an interesting stretch run. I think Boston has just run out of gas, and it sounds like they won't be getting hampus back until closer to the end of the season.

I'm wondering about Zacha because he got hurt against the NYI, so I'm wondering how long he's out, or if he's back tonight.

Coach said they didn't know if he was day to day or week to week so I doubt he's back tonight but who knows.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I'm wondering about Zacha because he got hurt against the NYI, so I'm wondering how long he's out, or if he's back tonight.

Coach said they didn't know if he was day to day or week to week so I doubt he's back tonight but who knows.
I don't think Zacha will be playing tonight. It sounds like he has been a bit of a disappointment for Boston, but he has also been asked to fill some pretty big shoes.

And Swayman is really good. He has kept them in a number of games they have played poorly and snatch points from still.
Swayman really seems like their best bet moving forward. I still think they made a big mistake not trading Ullmark last summer.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Realistically, a split can still work for us. Say we get 3 points with the games in hand, we're only down 3 points for the rest of the season, which isn't exactly insurmountable. A sweep would he awesome, but I'm more interested in how we stack up, because this is most likely our opponent, regardless. Florida is gone.
Leafs need all of the 4 points giving up 0 to the Bs

Grabbing 3 points mean we only gain 1 on them and that's not really good enough if they want to capture first place.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Leafs need all of the 4 points giving up 0 to the Bs

Grabbing 3 points mean we only gain 1 on them and that's not really good enough if they want to capture first place.
I hear you, but the math is still there to catch them, as long as we get some points from the games in hand. Really excited for thsis one tonight.

Reactions: Jojalu

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Bruins are playing awful right now but that doesn’t mean we won’t get the best version of them tonight.

Probably another OT game between two teams that go to OT a lot.

Then that’s not good enough if we want to catch them for home ice at least.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I like that we're still playing for something, feels like the team is coming together. Last year I was asleep at this point in the season, just playing out the string it felt like forever.
With the boring college style that teams play nowadays the season is far too long. Even with a game like this I have low interest.

Reactions: theTTC

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
With the boring college style that teams play nowadays the season is far too long. Even with a game like this I have low interest.
I'm more engaged this year, at this time, then any of the last few. Maybe it's we're still fighting, but also I like a lot of the storyline arcs with players, plenty of intrigue. I get it though the season is a slog at times.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm more engaged this year, at this time, then any of the last few. Maybe it's we're still fighting, but also I like a lot of the storyline arcs with players, plenty of intrigue. I get it though the season is a slog at times.
Even the playoffs are becoming a slog of boring hockey. I had to force myself to watch last year.

• Haha
Reactions: bax and al secord

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Why would anyone force themselves to watch something?
With regard to the Leafs, it's morbid curiosity.

What depressing bizarre supernatural event is going to manifest within Leafs world now? I know it's coming...

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Huge huge game. A win here closes the gap to 4 points with 2 games in hand. A loss puts us 8 points back.

We’ve played very well as of late. Please don’t lay an egg now
I think they are well past this sort of thing. I think they will win this game pretty definitively, with the game on Thursday being the closer one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad