GDT: Bruins @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Agreed, last year I lost lots of interest by January/February, it's a lot more interesting that teams are still fighting for seeding. I want Boston in round 1, not because I think it's a cake walk, but I genuinely feel like the boys need to slay that dragon to go all the way. Would be epic to see another long series against them.

Long series? I want a freakin SWEEP! Leafs sweep Bruins and at the same time wipe the smugness and smirk of bruins fans

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The weather is quite nice up here on my high horse :cool:

:sarcasm:

;)

:laugh:

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Cleetus

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Long series? I want a freakin SWEEP! Leafs sweep Bruins and at the same time wipe the smugness and smirk of bruins fans
Go read the Bruins board - I don't see too much smugness. Most of them seem resigned to Boston crashing out pretty easily this season.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Fun fact, if we get rid of the loser point, the Leafs and Bruins have exactly the same amount of points. Boston has 14 over time losses, Toronto 8

Boston 35-13-14 or 35-27
Toronto 35-17-8 or 35-25

+ - is the same for both teams, +34, we legitimately might be a better team than them, despite what the point totals depict. I know there was tons of talk earlier this season about how over time doesn't count and what not.
My goodness imagine this place if we had 14 OT loses.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Next 3 games huge for playoff standings. We’ve got Bruins/Sabres/Bruins between now and Tuesday, while the Bruins have Leafs/Oilers/Leafs.

If we can manage two regulation wins over the Bruins, we likely pass them in points percentage (depending on how the “middle” Sabres/Oilers games game), and it’ll be a tight race to the finish. But if they get two regulation wins over us, our chances to catch them become super slim.

Should be fun games to watch!

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I feel like if the leafs score more goals over the bruins through 60 minutes of play that they will put themselves in a good position to win the game.

I'm surprised more coaches and teams haven't figured that strategy out yet.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Bruins have had the Leafs number the last few years, hope the boys manage to flip the script

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I can't do another game 7 in TD garden, hearing the stupid WOAAH WOAAAH OHH OHH OH OH OH goal horn as pastrnak nets his 5th point of the period.........

Those were my first proper introduction to hockey. Don't take me back to the dark days :(

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If you wanna catch the Bruins and overtake them for home ice advantage, this game has to be a win in regulation. Panthers are probably not catchable at this point.

I'm not sure the Panthers can't be caught.

Tomorrow, technically today now is the start of a back to back for both Florida and Boston.

Which means by Wednesday they will have 3 games in hand on Boston and 2 games in hand on Florida with 2 games coming up against Florida.

If they can beat Boston and the Rangers beat Florida things start getting interesting.

Reactions: Suntouchable13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad