GDT: Bruins @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Who starts? Tough not to reward Samsonov after that game. Woll needs to start too. I kind of want to see both goalies split the Boston games this week, would be an interesting test/experiment. But my guess is Samsonov tomorrow and Woll vs. Buffalo.

Reactions: Burnie97

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
These two games this week has OT written all over it.

Therefore neither will get there.

Leafs now 7th in points% and are 8-3-2 against the Teams ahead of them.

The only one they havn't beat is Bos. Time to change that.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
These two games this week has OT written all over it.

Therefore neither will get there.

Leafs now 7th in points% and are 8-3-2 against the Teams ahead of them.

The only one they havn't beat is Bos. Time to change that.
I feel like maybe people haven't watched Boston over the past 10 or 20 games. They are living on reputation at this point. I can see the game in Boston going to OT, but not the game in Toronto. Bruins will continue their losing streak.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Mar3BosTorLeadersglg.png

Marquee matchup Monday night has two of the best players to do it right now going at it. Surprised to see Pasta is 15 goals back of Matthews given that's he a former 60+ goal scorer himself. Marchand and Marner are also two of the best two way wingers in the league. Should be a good game. Wonder if we will see Swayman or Ullmark.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
View attachment 828645
Marquee matchup Monday night has two of the best players to do it right now going at it. Surprised to see Pasta is 15 goals back of Matthews given that's he a former 60+ goal scorer himself. Marchand and Marner are also two of the best two way wingers in the league. Should be a good game. Wonder if we will see Swayman or Ullmark.
I would be very surprised if it isn't Swayman. Ullmark has not looked good recently.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I feel like maybe people haven't watched Boston over the past 10 or 20 games. They are living on reputation at this point. I can see the game in Boston going to OT, but not the game in Toronto. Bruins will continue their losing streak.
I think everyone has been watching.

I think you are forgetting that a game against a division rival isn't as cut and dry as you think.

Tor has been the better team over the past 20 for sure, but Bis will be up for these two games

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think everyone has been watching.

I think you are forgetting that a game against a division rival isn't as cut and dry as you think.

Tor has been the better team over the past 20 for sure, but Bis will be up for these two games
I think it's actually pretty simple. One team is playing really well, and one team isn't. Call me jaded, I guess, because I've thought all season that the bruins team we are watching now is what they would be.

Obviously anything can happen, but I think most bruins fans would say that this is what they expected Boston would be this season. Too many off-season losses without adequate replacements, and their goalies couldn't bail them out forever. I expect they will actually be a better team next season because they will have some money to add quality players in the summer, particularly at centre where they are very weak. The only caveat is Marchand. He is starting to look like age is finally winning.

Reactions: BTO

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Realistically, a split can still work for us. Say we get 3 points with the games in hand, we're only down 3 points for the rest of the season, which isn't exactly insurmountable. A sweep would he awesome, but I'm more interested in how we stack up, because this is most likely our opponent, regardless. Florida is gone.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I think it's actually pretty simple. One team is playing really well, and one team isn't. Call me jaded, I guess, because I've thought all season that the bruins team we are watching now is what they would be.

Obviously anything can happen, but I think most bruins fans would say that this is what they expected Boston would be this season. Too many off-season losses without adequate replacements, and their goalies couldn't bail them out forever. I expect they will actually be a better team next season because they will have some money to add quality players in the summer, particularly at centre where they are very weak. The only caveat is Marchand. He is starting to look like age is finally winning.
All those things are true. Yet across all sports, no matter records, division rivalry games just are so unpredictable.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Once again the schedule is absurd.

Leafs play 5 games in 8 days including last night, and then don't play til Thu after the Habs game Sat.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Leafs play 5 games in 8 days including last night, and then don't play til Thu after the Habs game Sat.
It's been a goofy schedule for all teams this season. Way too many times where one night there are 12 games, and then two or three games the next night.

Reactions: Jojalu and OddyOh

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It's been a goofy schedule for all teams this season. Way too many times where one night there are 12 games, and then two or three games the next night.
The international travel really messed things up

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

And rather than a true home and home with Boston, both teams play on Wednesday*

But good thing we had one with San Jose earlier this year!

*Edit: BOS plays Tuesday

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad