GDT: Bruins @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Fun fact, if we get rid of the loser point, the Leafs and Bruins have exactly the same amount of points. Boston has 14 over time losses, Toronto 8

Boston 35-13-14 or 35-27
Toronto 35-17-8 or 35-25

+ - is the same for both teams, +34, we legitimately might be a better team than them, despite what the point totals depict. I know there was tons of talk earlier this season about how over time doesn't count and what not.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Fun fact, if we get rid of the loser point, the Leafs and Bruins have exactly the same amount of points. Boston has 14 over time losses, Toronto 8

Boston 35-13-14 or 35-27
Toronto 35-17-8 or 35-25

+ - is the same for both teams, +34, we legitimately might be a better team than them, despite what the point totals depict. I know there was tons of talk earlier this season about how over time doesn't count and what not.
Interestingly too, we're tied on goal differential.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I like that we're still playing for something, feels like the team is coming together. Last year I was asleep at this point in the season, just playing out the string it felt like forever.
Agreed, last year I lost lots of interest by January/February, it's a lot more interesting that teams are still fighting for seeding. I want Boston in round 1, not because I think it's a cake walk, but I genuinely feel like the boys need to slay that dragon to go all the way. Would be epic to see another long series against them.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1709498945398.png

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Another big game tomorrow. Hope Auston puts up a vintage hat trick on them.

Gotta love March hockey btw. You can just feel playoffs in the air.
That would be awesome if Matthews could do that.
I would think they go back to Woll
I kinda hope they do even though Sammy had a good game.
These two games this week has OT written all over it.

Therefore neither will get there.

Leafs now 7th in points% and are 8-3-2 against the Teams ahead of them.

The only one they havn't beat is Bos. Time to change that.
Had no idea they were that good against the best. If only they could keep that up in the playoffs.

Reactions: Jojalu

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I like that we're still playing for something, feels like the team is coming together. Last year I was asleep at this point in the season, just playing out the string it felt like forever.
I haven’t been this stoked about their chances in quite a while, if they get another RHD I think they have s chance, goalies look good, forwards are great to acceptable, and this team dies seem to be all be pushing in the same direction……

Reactions: bax and Jmo89

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I haven’t been this stoked about their chances in quite a while, if they get another RHD I think they have s chance, goalies look good, forwards are great to acceptable, and this team dies seem to be all be pushing in the same direction……
The core guys are all maturing in their respective games too, which bodes well. I’m strangely excited too, but I’m a sucker lol.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Big game, need 2 pts in regulation. More important is how they play and manage the B’s. let’s dominate this ailing team.

Reactions: horner

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Just hope Keefe doesn't reunite Rielly and Brodie with Boosh out.
I doubt it. He probably just keeps using the pairs that he had in place before Liljegren got hurt (and before Giordano was activated from the non-roster list). IIRC it was

Brodie-Liljegren
Rielly-Lagesson
Benoit-McCabe

Reactions: horner

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It's taken people a long time to get to where I've been for a while. But no worries. Sometimes vision takes courage and the ability to withstand a few daggers from the non-believers along the way.

As for the Boston game, I think the Leafs will control most of the game. I can envision a few power play goals in this one, and at least two goals for Matthews and three points for Marner.

Reactions: Confucius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad