Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
David Backes has been diagnosed with diverticulitis and has been undergoing treatment at MGH by Team Internist, Doctor David Finn. Backes will be re-evaluated in approximately two weeks but is expected to be out for at least three to four weeks.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I have diverticulitis too, but fortunately my two attacks have been mild.

He’s a little young to be having it - even 40 years old like me is still pretty young. For those who don't know, it's basically an infection of a diverticulum - a small little inlet in your intestine that develops in virtually everyone as you age. Pain can vary - I definitely knew "something" was there, but it was tolerable...and the second time I hopped to the ER within 3 hours because I knew exactly what it was. Usually, if it's uncomplicated, you wind up on antibiotics for 7-10 days, and clear liquids for a day, bland diet for the rest of the week. You can still be pretty wiped out for awhile. The worst part is that they usually want a colonoscopy afterwards - you can't have it during an active episode, because of the risk of perforation. They scheduled mine a month after, and it had definitely died down by then. I have a feeling Backes probably won't be back until he's had his....maybe they'll be more aggressive and give him a CT in 2-3 weeks to see if it's died down.

TL;DR: Kids, eat your fiber! (And drink water, too...although personally in my case, that's never been an issue.)

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Last edited:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
WHAAATTT??!??:eek: Oh no. Is this who they said "wouldn't be returning? " Or, was it Acciari?

Acciari left early in the game and didn't return.

The Marchand tweet by Kalman must be post-game. Hope he is OK soon.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I pasted up what I found when I went to the original Tweet. It said "7:34" not 10:34! Something is fishy.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Are you sure your time zones aren't off? He did tweet that at 10:34 PM EDT. Ty Anderson had a similar tweet a minute later.

I have no idea how serious it is...or if it even is a thing. Brad's the type of guy who'd put a boot on for yucks and go home in it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I expect that Bergy will return Monday, bump Spooner down, and Kuraly will go to the 4th line if Acciari can’t go:

Schaller-Kuraly-Nash

If Bergy is still out, who is the next man up?

Heinen? Agostino?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Jesus Mary & Joseph one game into the season and the Bruins are hit with injuries/illness.

Time to set up a sacrifice to the hockey gods? :pullhair:

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I'd guess Heinen if Bergy can't go or they want to buy him some more recovery time to ensure he comes back healthy.
JFK is an outside possibility if they want to bump Kuraly down to 4th line C and have JFK center Vatrano and Belesky.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Total guess here Alan but from the comfort of my couch, watching the shot it looked like it hit Acciari in the hand/wrist? No clue if that`s what we`ll find is the injury but I didn`t see any other part of that play which he could have injured himself on. Hats off to the kid, got up, busted his arse to finish that shift in his own zone.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I find it hard to believe Marchand is hurt. Wasn't he the last Bruin to touch the puck, icing it with the last couple seconds running off the clock.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I find it hard to believe Marchand is hurt. Wasn't he the last Bruin to touch the puck, icing it with the last couple seconds running off the clock.
If he blocked a shot, it's possible he was able to continue playing because he didn't take his skate off. Once it comes off, the swelling goes up. Bergeron came back and played in the game where he sprained his ankle in the Wheeler fight. So I think it's very possible Marchand is hurt, to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad