Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
If he blocked a shot, it's possible he was able to continue playing because he didn't take his skate off. Once it comes off, the swelling goes up. Bergeron came back and played in the game where he sprained his ankle in the Wheeler fight. So I think it's very possible Marchand is hurt, to some extent.

That's true, could of been different story when he took the skates off..Just hoping for the best like us all. Marchand is one of 3-4 players we cannot lose for an extended period of time..

Reactions: Bruinaura

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Hoping we get Berg and maybe?? Krug back on Monday? Is that too early of a timeline?

It might be a little early. If we were playing any team but Chicago, and hadn't had a game as good as Thursday's, the envelope might be pushed. Considering Monday (and Wednesday) are against Colorado...eh. If you had to take a full week off during the season, you can't do much better than Thursday to Thursday.

As far as their actual condition...who knows? Krug's been skating, albeit I think with a jaw guard. Bergeron's a big question mark.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
It might be a little early. If we were playing any team but Chicago, and hadn't had a game as good as Thursday's, the envelope might be pushed. Considering Monday (and Wednesday) are against Colorado...eh. If you had to take a full week off during the season, you can't do much better than Thursday to Thursday.

As far as their actual condition...who knows? Krug's been skating, albeit I think with a jaw guard. Bergeron's a big question mark.

What does Chicago have to do with it? I was trying to figure out if Krug could actually come off IR for Monday's game. Something tells me Bergeron will go especially if Marchand can't.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
What does Chicago have to do with it? I was trying to figure out if Krug could actually come off IR for Monday's game. Something tells me Bergeron will go especially if Marchand can't.

Oops, mistyped, meant Colorado....sorry 'bout that. Anyway, my point was that they have some leeway - game 2 is not do-or-die.

When they said three weeks for Krug, that put him next week between Colorado and Arizona away. On the one hand, publicly, they always overestimate the amount of time it takes to recoup. On the other hand, IIRC, they said "three weeks and we'll reevaluate". Sounded like three weeks was the minimum for Krug. So....I'd say watch for practice reports tomorrow to see if the red jersey comes off.

I agree with you about Bergeron/Marchand - both of them being out is downright dangerous. Unfortunately, it may mean they'll be forced to rush one out faster than they'd like if the other is still not ready. Haven't heard any updates on Marchand, which is weird....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Oops, mistyped, meant Colorado....sorry 'bout that. Anyway, my point was that they have some leeway - game 2 is not do-or-die.

When they said three weeks for Krug, that put him next week between Colorado and Arizona away. On the one hand, publicly, they always overestimate the amount of time it takes to recoup. On the other hand, IIRC, they said "three weeks and we'll reevaluate". Sounded like three weeks was the minimum for Krug. So....I'd say watch for practice reports tomorrow to see if the red jersey comes off.

I agree with you about Bergeron/Marchand - both of them being out is downright dangerous. Unfortunately, it may mean they'll be forced to rush one out faster than they'd like if the other is still not ready. Haven't heard any updates on Marchand, which is weird....
agree, but maybe no practice was the reason there's no update yet? :dunno: maybe he has a "body" injury :laugh:

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Good:

Not good:

Good:

Not good:

Good:

So mixed bag huh. Do the B's pull someone up to replace Acciari? I assume he goes on IR which creates another roster spot. Seems likely we see Krug, Marchand, and Czarnik sometime this week. Not so sure about Berg though.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
So mixed bag huh. Do the B's pull someone up to replace Acciari? I assume he goes on IR which creates another roster spot. Seems likely we see Krug, Marchand, and Czarnik sometime this week. Not so sure about Berg though.
Wonder about a call up as well but it seems to be in question according to this comment from tye Prohockey.

“While the team will have an open roster spot when he’s placed on injured reserve, they sit just $270K under the salary cap at the moment which doesn’t give them enough room to call anyone else up unless they choose to place Acciari on long-term injury reserve. However, they should have Patrice Bergeron (lower body) back soon while Austin Czarnik (illness) skated with the team today so they shouldn’t need to call anyone up right away to take Acciari’s place.”

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
So Bergy has lower back trouble..Damn, dont I know about back trouble. I deal with that issue every day. Hopefully he's resting up and doing very little. If he was younger, I wouldn't be as concerned. But now in his 30's, I hope it's not something that he reinjures every so often. Best for him to take as long as he needs to make sure he's 100% when he returns!!

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I’d pull Gabrielle up. He can play a fourth line role and hit some guys, but I assume Agostino is the option

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So Bergy has lower back trouble..Damn, dont I know about back trouble. I deal with that issue every day. Hopefully he's resting up and doing very little. If he was younger, I wouldn't be as concerned. But now in his 30's, I hope it's not something that he reinjures every so often. Best for him to take as long as he needs to make sure he's 100% when he returns!!

I know about lower back pain too though fortunately I don't experience it every day like you do. Not much to be done but rest it, maybe some therapy or medication to loosen the muscles. Hopefully this isn't a sign of something that will require surgery, I've never known a person to have a truly successful back operation.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Where was that report?

I’d pull Gabrielle up. He can play a fourth line role and hit some guys, but I assume Agostino is the option

I think we need a right shot. Or atleast someone that can play RW.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Where was that report?

I think we need a right shot. Or atleast someone that can play RW.
I'm curious about the Bergeron report too. Bad backs are no good. That was the reason one of my favorite players, John LeClair, started going downhill fast. But Bergeron's style is more brains than brawn so hopefully this is just a one time minor thing...:crossfing:scared:

Reactions: BMC

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I'm curious about the Bergeron report too. Bad backs are no good. That was the reason one of my favorite players, John LeClair, started going downhill fast. But Bergeron's style is more brains than brawn so hopefully this is just a one time minor thing...:crossfing:scared:
This is exactly why I have been saying Backes with him, let Backes do the dirty work in the corners. Bergy cannot take another hit to the head either, now its his back. We also seen how well Bjork's skillset can play with Krech. When healthy that leaves Spooner and Pasta to stay together.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I haven't seen anything on Twitter or from any news sources... :dunno:

I haven't seen anything confirming it. Maybe he confused coming back in one of the other tweets to mean back problems? I don't know where it come from. Also, didn't they classify it as a lower body injury? Last I checked back would be upper.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I haven't seen anything confirming it. Maybe he confused coming back in one of the other tweets to mean back problems? I don't know where it come from. Also, didn't they classify it as a lower body injury? Last I checked back would be upper.
Yeah, the team has said lower body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad