Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So Bergy has lower back trouble..Damn, dont I know about back trouble. I deal with that issue every day. Hopefully he's resting up and doing very little. If he was younger, I wouldn't be as concerned. But now in his 30's, I hope it's not something that he reinjures every so often. Best for him to take as long as he needs to make sure he's 100% when he returns!!

I think you're misreading the quote:

" However, they should have Patrice Bergeron (lower body) back soon "

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
so Marchand left the TD in a boot but I read he was practicing yesterday? Would I be correct in saying it was something completely precautionary?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
so Marchand left the TD in a boot but I read he was practicing yesterday? Would I be correct in saying it was something completely precautionary?
Let's hope so, guys seem to be dropping like flies already this season.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Sure hope so. Certainly seems like. I know if you just tweak your ankle they'll throw it in a boot for precautionary reasons and speed of recovery.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

Very concerned about Bergy. Obviously we have no idea what exactly is ailing him but it's starting out very much like last year with a lower body injury which led to issues all year long. That's why they are taking the precaution and not putting him out there until he feels ready, but still... this just has me worried it's going to affect him in some way shape or form all year. Hope I'm wrong and he's 100% good to go soon.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Maybe it's just the lighting in the picture, but that jersey doesn't look very distinguishable from the regular black jerseys. It doesn't exactly scream no contact.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Maybe it's just the lighting in the picture, but that jersey doesn't look very distinguishable from the regular black jerseys. It doesn't exactly scream no contact.

No it doesn't. I'm not worried about Bergy from a playing perspective. He's tough as nails as we've seen, and if/when we need him he will play. I just worry about his effectiveness.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The NHL does allow conditioning stints in the AHL without having to clear waivers. As a matter of fact, I am pretty sure they allowed it before MLB did

Thanks for the correction Dom. I had no idea. Why does it seem as though it's rarely if ever used? Is there a limit to the amount of games that they can go down for? I don't remember the last Bruin that this was done with.

Sorry I missed this. A late reply is better than none.
Yes there is a limit, I believe its 3 games (I guess I could look it up) but the team could apply for an extension.

It does get used in the NHL following an injury return. I believe the last Bruin was Khudobin in Nov of last season when he returned from injury.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I couldn't watch closely today but Krug looked IMO just like the rest of the team, disjointed.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Two games into the season, the Bruins have yet to have No. 1 center Patrice Bergeron in the lineup. The veteran pivot again was on the sidelines for Monday’s matinee vs. the Avalanche, and coach Bruce Cassidy could offer no definitive timeline for the return of his Selke Award winner.

“He skated today on his own,” said Cassidy prior to the 4-0 loss at the Garden. “It’s day to day. We want to be cautions. We don’t want him to be chasing it all year, so let’s give him the appropriate amount of time.”

Cassidy was quick to add that planning around injuries can change suddenly, “when the urgency level of everything goes up.” Translation: A couple of losses could influence what level of pain or discomfort the 32-year-old Bergeron is willing to tolerate.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...cted-travel/G5kkG8R2BHMknn1O3gY4eO/story.html

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Two games into the season, the Bruins have yet to have No. 1 center Patrice Bergeron in the lineup. The veteran pivot again was on the sidelines for Monday’s matinee vs. the Avalanche, and coach Bruce Cassidy could offer no definitive timeline for the return of his Selke Award winner.

“He skated today on his own,” said Cassidy prior to the 4-0 loss at the Garden. “It’s day to day. We want to be cautions. We don’t want him to be chasing it all year, so let’s give him the appropriate amount of time.”

Cassidy was quick to add that planning around injuries can change suddenly, “when the urgency level of everything goes up.” Translation: A couple of losses could influence what level of pain or discomfort the 32-year-old Bergeron is willing to tolerate.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...cted-travel/G5kkG8R2BHMknn1O3gY4eO/story.html

Sounds like a groin. You gotta be patient.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I'd prefer they let him get 100% healthy- better to struggle for a few games early and get the complete Bergy back than to have him play too soon, make it worse or not heal, and be a 3/4 Bergy like last season. In the long run it's better for the team- the short term benefit isn't worth it. Hope they realize that.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bergeron is ruled out for the game in Colorado. They're aiming for a potential return this weekend.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Something tells me the team's last two games might speed up Bergy's healing time. Just hope he doesn't come back too soon.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
cant rush him back. we're only 3 games in.
Back injuries are tough. Hopefully it was just a sprain or something and he'll be fine this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad