Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thanks for the correction Dom. I had no idea. Why does it seem as though it's rarely if ever used? Is there a limit to the amount of games that they can go down for? I don't remember the last Bruin that this was done with.

Khudobin did last year - I think this was part of that cluster that involved Rask and Khudobin both being out, and McIntyre/Subban being our goalie tandem for a brief while:

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/khudobin-assigned-to-p-bruins-for-conditioning-stint/c-283894510

It's really more common for goalies to go on the conditioning loans to the AHL, from what I've observed. Here are the rules from a few years ago (may not be up to date):

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/...sent-to-toronto-marlies-on-conditioning-stint

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
According to article on BSJ, Bergeron said it's not related to the hernia surgery. Guess that's good? :dunno:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
According to article on BSJ, Bergeron said it's not related to the hernia surgery. Guess that's good? :dunno:
Hopefully - we need him healthy look at first half and second half of year

Is that your dog in avatar?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I hope this isn't the start of Dustin Pedroia like nonstop injuries. It happens to players over 30.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Yes, Bergy had his operation done in May of this year, I think.
I had my hernia ( inguinal) or groin operated on in early June of this summer and was good to step back on the ice in 8 weeks, took it easy for the first few skates, then pushed myself. My operation was not the same as Bergy's, however, I was assured by my doctor that it was repaired to perfection and it will never bother me again. I had the repair done without using mesh, which I researched as being more of a "patch" and re occurring issues could happen, vs the technique used by " Shouldice" hospital who use a tension free natural tissue procedure. So far, so good, I have no pain and issues wiht the hernia now. I hope Bergy will be okay. He is the backbone of this time and such a nice guy off the ice.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I hope this isn't the start of Dustin Pedroia like nonstop injuries. It happens to players over 30.

This is Bergeron's 14th season in the NHL and he's taken a lot of abuse through the years. Cassidy might want to start monitoring Bergy's minutes the way he tries to do for Chara.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Haggs is getting clobbered on Twitter for suggesting Bergeron......may be on the decline. Hmmmmm.....:skeptic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad