GDT: Bruins @ Hawks 7:30 ESPN 10/24/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015

Ah.

Korchinski is so bad he brings down Jones who has been excellent on impact charts.

While Vlasic, whom I was one of the few who said he would be something special, not only carries Murphy, but props him up to the best player on the team tonight.

Yeah, Korchinski isn't staying past nine games unless having him out there to purposely hurt the team is the end goal.

Unless Davidson is feeling pressure from trading Debrincat for the kid with the things cat is doing right now. This is turning into a lopsided trade win for a team not apart of the actual trade and makes Davidson look like a fool.

There's no way anybody can say with a straight face Davidson won the Cat or Hagel trades.....

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Looks about right to me. Murph played better and vlasic carried him most of the night. He did have that one brutal pinch and subsequent terrible defending lead to a goal though.

Next game is Friday @ Vegas

You gotta be kidding me
They play in Arizona.. quick young team there too. Then Florida swing. They don’t have it easy for the first 15 that’s for sure. NJ in there too

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Definitely agree with his assessment on the physical battles.

Frustration is great, but his lines are helping no one.

I think the defense however have played admirably. It feels like they’re constantly being left out to dry by the forwards either not backchecking or flying the zone too early. Maybe we brought the wrong vets in idk, it’s hard to say at this point.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Lose because you flub chances or aren’t creative but don’t lose because you get outbattled.
Errors of aggression are extremely forgiveable an old coach used to say. Lead with your chin, get dummied and be better because of it. Hard work isn't always rewarded.

You can get beaten clean. There's nights you're outclassed. Getting outworked though? That's a choice.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I said it before but wow! Not a very favourable schedule to start the year…

Record is 2-5-0

The Hawks haven’t played a team yet that’s lost in regulation…

1.Pittsburgh 0-0-0
2.Boston 0-0-0
3.Montreal 0-0-1
4.Toronto 2-0-0
5.Colorado 3-0-0
6.Vegas 5-0-0
7.Boston 5-0-0

And game 8 is against 7-0-0 Vegas!!!

That’s a combined record of 22-0-1 as opposition teams…crazy

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I fell asleep just before the start of the game but woke up with ~6 minutes left to play in the third and saw that they were being shut out and didn't seem to be generating anything whatsoever so I was very disappointed with that... I saw that Bedard scored a beauty that was called back so that was rather unfortunate too but man oh man have they ever had a hard friggin schedule to open the season.

Starting off with all away games and them coming home (yay) and having to play teams that are f***ing undefeated :banghead:.

Conspiracy theorists might start to believe that Gary rigged the lottery for the Hawks to win but as a punishment he said "alright I'll do it but your opening schedule will be insane".

Man oh man it's tough opponents night in night out. Save the tough schedule for the team once they've actually turned a corner and have a better supporting cast for 98.

Whoever made the post about the team being fun to watch again... YA JINXED THEM FFS :laugh:. Just kidding.............. or am I?

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Luke is just a fill in until team ready to compete in a few years
I hope so-- "The Player's Coach"... Seems to have the D side trending in right direction-- Of course it could be the Better/younger Trio of D kids--propping up the Weak D group... BUT--
offense and PP probably worse than last year---

Albeit-- the Hawks have played a damn tough schedule so far-- BUT when Vlasic and Katchouk/Johnson are some of your best players (last nite).... Makes me wonder how LR gets a pass

The Offense/team passing is awful thus far...

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Of course, I'd be pissed too. I'd be begging Kyle Davidson to get me one or two competent players if I were coaching this team.

Nah.
Paying up for Domi would've been nice. Plus, he was good at faceoffs. The Hawks barely get any extended time in the offensive zone. It seems like Bedard's line is always buried in their own zone.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Errors of aggression are extremely forgiveable an old coach used to say. Lead with your chin, get dummied and be better because of it. Hard work isn't always rewarded.

You can get beaten clean. There's nights you're outclassed. Getting outworked though? That's a choice.

Played Squirt and Peewee with these guys on my team. Guess who worked harder? Guess who is still playing.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I played Atom AAA with a fella named Michael Kirkpatrick and man he absolutely dominated the league. Had scored well over 100 goals before March Break even rolled around that year and everybody was thinking he was destined for the NHL. He played for the Sea Dogs in the QMJHL and I think might have even been the captain one year.

I just checked his hockeydb page and he ended up playing in the ECHL and a brief stint in the AHL but it honestly makes me realize just how talented players have to be to make it to the NHL. Even the scrubs must have dominated the lower levels at some point in time. I remember Mike rolled in to our dressing room with the first ever silver Synergy stick I had ever seen in my life. f*** I'm old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad