GDT: Bruins @ Hawks 7:30 ESPN 10/24/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I'm sorry people.....talk me off the ledge with Bedard because I see someone who is a good player but not elite.

Dude was supposed to come in here and be a 70+ point guy right off the bat and I just don't see it.

And as teams are realizing he's the only scoring threat on the team, they're focusing on taking him away and the Hawks can't do anything to open space for him.

Jesus Christ... :facepalm:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm sorry people.....talk me off the ledge with Bedard because I see someone who is a good player but not elite.

Dude was supposed to come in here and be a 70+ point guy right off the bat and I just don't see it.

And as teams are realizing he's the only scoring threat on the team, they're focusing on taking him away and the Hawks can't do anything to open space for him.
He still could and shame on you for not realizing that games against the best teams in the NHL are unlikely to look great for a team that has no legitimate top six forward beyond the 18 year old (giving him the benefit of the doubt) with Hall out.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Reichel needs a bus ticket back to Rockford.
Yeah - honestly, I don't quite grasp the 'send him back to the AHL to marinate longer' or 'they are gonna suck anyway, let him earn his lumps here' argument, but the product on the ice looks bad for him. Whatever the solution is, it's needs to happen right away.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm panicking. I gotta see it.

I know its early and I should settle down.

It's hard.
kid is a ppg player with zero linemates and their schedule has been death row to start and mostly on the road, he's going to settle in and be fine, the one area he needs to go to work on is his skating. he'll need to learn like Kane did to consistently create space for himself when he's getting the league's best every night, but he's a ppg with a very hard schedule and a ton of pressure, just wait until he's half a season in if a ppg is his floor with his B game

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
He still could and shame on you for not realizing that games against the best teams in the NHL are unlikely to look great for a team that has no legitimate top six forward beyond the 18 year old (giving him the benefit of the doubt) with Hall out.
I do realize that.

I know, I know, it's early, the opposition is really talented, etc.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think the worst part of the off sides challenge is the challenging team gets a “free play” scenario, like an nfl offsides but to the benefit of the defense. If a goal is not scored, there is never a challenge and they kill the penalty, if a goal is scored they get to have it called back and get a re-do to give them another chance to try and kill it. The team that was offsides but not whistled for it now has to score twice to get one goal.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yeah - honestly, I don't quite grasp the 'send him back to the AHL to marinate longer' or 'they are gonna suck anyway, let him earn his lumps here' argument, but the product on the ice looks bad for him. Whatever the solution is, it's needs to happen right away.
put him back at wing with bedard, if he doesnt get it going then either send him down or ride it out until it gets going for him

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
kid is a ppg player with zero linemates and their schedule has been death row to start and mostly on the road, he's going to settle in and be fine, the one area he needs to go to work on is his skating. he'll need to learn like Kane did to consistently create space for himself when he's getting the league's best every night, but he's a ppg with a very hard schedule and a ton of pressure, just wait until he's half a season in if a ppg is his floor with his B game
4 pts in 7 games is nowhere close to a ppg.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
We'll see how it goes but the potential to lose a generation of fans by purposely losing year after year when we haven't been competitive 5+ years is a big ask.
really making this post after selling like 6 million in fresh season ticket sales?

Reactions: Pez68

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I don't know why peoples emotions are up and down like a toilet seat.

This season is about developing Bedard, Reichel, Kurashev, Vlasic, Kaiser, KK and Soda.

We are going to lose a lot games and probably finish 2nd last overall.

There's no need to panic. What is happening is what is supposed to happen.

Next year will be more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad