Grezcylk McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Mitchell Shattenkirk
Forbot

Swayman Ullmark

Reactions: TheOne and Giovi

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
So Connor finally ripped one of his signature goals. Is the monkey (welcome to the show, kid) off his back? I'm super excited for the onslaught of goals he's gonna unleash on opponents. We've been looking good and competitive in all of our wins and losses so far. I'm just waiting for the day this season when we lose and the other team's goalie makes a mental note of when they have to face 98 again.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Think Bedard is going to have his best game so far tonight. Bruins lack talent at center to go up against him, this is his first time playing against an NHL team he's already played against (thus he knows what to expect), and with the stupid league scheduling every team to play tonight, less eyes will be on the kid than usual.

Reactions: Crow

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So who will have the better +/- ?

Mitchell or $9.5?

Who will get more points to IF they get onthe scoreboard ?

Mitchell or $9.5?

If Mitchell impacts tge game either equal to or better than $9.5 but at a cist of$775,000 cap hit,then what real value woukd You place on $9.5?

It is not $9.5's fault he accepted an 8 year co tract at $9.5 mil. /per.....as any 1 of us woukdcakso gladly accept if offered to us...but that does not mean we would make any NHL's team's roster let alone as their 1D.

The pint is we gave him that much and the verdict so far is he has shown no signs of delivering even half that value...does not pass our eye test nor the actual stats for either production or for goal prevention..

Define albatross...If there ever was a candidate for that on this team,he fits the definition you probably came up with.

Woukd justvkijevtobsee Consistent competence from him...I have Not seen that since he gotvto Chicago .

He shoukd be playing a lot better...but he Does not NEEDto..

Why? He has a lot morevyears remaining putting $9.5 into his bank account..

He is not lazy..I will give him that he tries...but He just doesn't seem to impact games either as a ponts producer and pp qb OR as a rock against goals agaivstvus when he us on ...Nobody is perfect in preventing goals...but He neither seems to give us tgat elite pk stifling factor nor able to stop thec5x5 goals goibg in on his shifts To the extent a 1D should to get a team to the highest level.

So Scott Powerrs did an article on hom today intge Athletic which I do not subscribe to...but what I did catch from Powers on his twitter(now calked X )tweet was tfat SJ is aware of tge fans criticism because he knows what expectations are for such a highly paid dman.

Expectations aside...there is no excuse...either he CAN or he CANNOT...and so far tge CANNOT performances leave a lot tobe desired..

Tge challenge fans put to him improve you are a 1D and be sone kind of difference-maker force either offensively or defensively ...

When Murohy goofs uo ...we expect it..because we know he is just meh...

When $9.5goofs uo we keep expecting he does notcdo it so often and will somehow emerge as a star or at least consistently competent..But sovfar we have Zero evidence he will get to that level let alone becone a stR tilting tge direction and outcome of games.

Is he a $9.5 bust?

The beat writers have yet to poise tgat questioning the belief that somehow things will change for the better with hom.

But will they change for the better OR :

IS THIS ALL THERE IS?

Last edited:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
So, I wonder who Musto will be focused on tonight? What I don't have to wonder about is the volume of crowing this forum will be subjected to for the foreseeable future if IM has a good game tonight.

I'm more impressed that it was a relatively reasonably readable post for a change.

Paragraph breaks and punctuation. Remember when "wall of code" was the definition of a fiddy post - you've come a long way fiddy.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Good to see Kurashev back, but Entwistle, the scoring machine is out tonight for Reese Johnson? Cmon LuRich, you can do better than that!

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Good to see Kurashev back, but Entwistle, the scoring machine is out tonight for Reese Johnson? Cmon LuRich, you can do better than that!
Reese scored against the Knights, that gets him another game, like Entwistle got after he scored against Toronto.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I thought they would climb out of the bottom 5 this year. Idk if maybe they will because it's just the brutality of the schedule? They're gonna have a lot of soft games the latter part of the year.

Last edited:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Bruins lines 6-0

Marchand Zacha Pastrnak
Debrusk Poitras Geekie
JVR Coyle Frederic
Lauko Beecher Brown
Lucic

Grezcylk McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Mitchell Shattenkirk
Forbot

Swayman Ullmark

Very strong top 4D and goaltending. Lots of depth on the wing forward lines 1-3, but I question the lack of a true 1C and the depth at C overall. Bottom D pair not as strong as it was last season either. But overall still a very strong team and room to improve at the TDL potentially. Poitras breaking out and becoming a star might be HUGE for them. Let’s see how he progresses.

Oh yeah and then there’s the Hawks….Let’s hope the kids progress. KK, Vlasic, Kaiser, Bedard, and especially Reichel. I’d love to see some better play from him. Stay healthy, no injuries, slow and steady progress for the kids, let them learn and grow. Hope 98 scores a goal or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad