GDT: Bruins @ Hawks 7:30 ESPN 10/24/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Neither would Toews.....

And you used only half the quote for a reason. Here ya go man.

-This quickly into the season I didnt think I would be missing having toews and kane. Them playing on this roster IMO would be helpful right now because of what they brought as players-
I quoted the whole thing? What?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I quoted the whole thing? What?
no, you did not put quotes around my whole statement. you chopped it in half. Do you just argue semantics in your daily life like this or just online?

You win I was not articulate enough in my comment for you to understand. Now that you know what I was saying you can move on...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
no, you did not put quotes around my whole statement. you chopped it in half. Do you just argue semantics in your daily life like this or just online?

You win I was not articulate enough in my comment for you to understand. Now that you know what I was saying you can move on...
I argue things when people tell me I did something I didn't do.

I can, but I literally quoted your whole post, and bolded what I was referring to.
Never thought I would think this at this point but having Toews and Kane right now would be pretty helpful. Toews to just win a few draws, some board battles, and settle everything down a bit down the middle. Kane to pair with either Reichel or Bedard to give them some time and puck possession.
That's what I quoted.

Jimmy2Times

Oct 24, 2019
Can we all agree that losing 3-0 at home is unacceptable rebuild or not?

Rage Rage against the dying light!

CiDjJ7S.gif

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Given the starts and overall team's of Colorado, Boston and Vegas, I think it's fair to say that a lot of teams in the NHL would not have a better record than the Hawks.....win the games you can win....they will be coming down the pipe after ths B***S*** season beginning schedule.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The Blackhawks have played seven games. Four of those games came against STILL undefeated teams... One of the games they won, was against a team that is currently 4-2. They beat the Penguins, who are right where the Hawks are, points wise. They lost to Montreal, who is .500, in a game they didn't show up for until the third period, by a goal. Their next game is against Vegas, who is still undefeated.

Making all these definitive proclamations about players, point totals, etc., at this point in the season, is f***ing clown-shoes. Be better HF Blackhawks. Seriously.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm sorry people.....talk me off the ledge with Bedard because I see someone who is a good player but not elite.

Dude was supposed to come in here and be a 70+ point guy right off the bat and I just don't see it.

And as teams are realizing he's the only scoring threat on the team, they're focusing on taking him away and the Hawks can't do anything to open space for him.

Well, I definitely know who this is now. FFS.

Reactions: Giovi

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Im not worried.

I kinda figured Bedard would have a development trajectory similar to Jack Hughes, and he’s like one big game away from a PPG pace on a trash team.

Korchinski is a 19 year old playing top 4 minutes on a trash team and still managing to look like he belongs.

Vlasic is showing more than anticipated.

Reichel is going to be a middle-bottom 6 guy when all is said and done.

There’s a lot of work to do on this roster but the assets we care about all seem on track.

The biggest issue remains finding a way to move the Jones contract without having to pay too much.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I argue things when people tell me I did something I didn't do.

I can, but I literally quoted your whole post, and bolded what I was referring to.

That's what I quoted.
you put quotes around half of my statement and that changes context (but you know that). There's no need to keep going. Its over. You got what you wanted I expanded on my statement for just you.

The subject was about my thoughts on the roster from preseason/summer. You cut the quote in half posted ur own quotes around it which in turn made the subject into Kane and Toews right now.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
you put quotes around half of my statement and that changes context (but you know that). There's no need to keep going. Its over. You got what you wanted I expanded on my statement for just you.

The subject was about my thoughts on the roster from preseason/summer. You cut the quote in half posted ur own quotes around it which in turn made the subject into Kane and Toews right now.
I posted the whole quote, and bolded half.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Im not worried.

I kinda figured Bedard would have a development trajectory similar to Jack Hughes, and he’s like one big game away from a PPG pace on a trash team.

Korchinski is a 19 year old playing top 4 minutes on a trash team and still managing to look like he belongs.

Vlasic is showing more than anticipated.

Reichel is going to be a middle-bottom 6 guy when all is said and done.

There’s a lot of work to do on this roster but the assets we care about all seem on track.

The biggest issue remains finding a way to move the Jones contract without having to pay too much.
I generally agree, except for your last sentence. The Jones contract is barely an issue, much less the biggest issue.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I generally agree, except for your last sentence. The Jones contract is barely an issue, much less the biggest issue.

It’s not an issue right now, but there’s 4 or 5 more years of him and he isn't getting any younger.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
The Blackhawks have played seven games. Four of those games came against STILL undefeated teams... One of the games they won, was against a team that is currently 4-2. They beat the Penguins, who are right where the Hawks are, points wise. They lost to Montreal, who is .500, in a game they didn't show up for until the third period, by a goal. Their next game is against Vegas, who is still undefeated.

Making all these definitive proclamations about players, point totals, etc., at this point in the season, is f***ing clown-shoes. Be better HF Blackhawks. Seriously.
Like that is going to happen.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
We are still rebuilding... we have a TON of picks coming up (one will be top 5, and one will be top 10 atleast)...

1698342755282.png

From our current org:

Locks:
Bedard
Korchinski
Vlasic

High likelyhood:
Nazar
Moore
Rinzel
Soderblom
Commesso