GDT: Bronze, Cesko vs Finland, 9am est

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Love the WJC / junior hockey but, figuring the betting odds is tougher than the Special Olympics.
Well done Czechia!

Reactions: Goodman68

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Not saying its causation (maybe a bit) but has any team benefitted from Russia's exclusion more than the Czechs? 17 consecutive tournaments (18 years) without a medal and now Silver and Bronze back to back. Semi final appearances (4th in 2022) in all 3 tournaments without Russia.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Not going to lie.. said it before the game.. I cared about the bronze.lll

Ecstatic.. three straight semis... Two medals in a row... Next year's team looks very promising ... Some good players that may make NHL.

Also, we belonged here. Beat Canada, took US to shootout, beat Finland. We hung with Sweden for a long time too.

f***en beautiful! Great tourney
Crazy thing is that next year our team is going to be better with Ds and with much better forwards. Also Kulich delivered when it mattered the most, feeling pretty stupid right now.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you Kulich.. some questioned you yesterday. I did not.lol. Now go crack buffalo and hopefully Rochester let's you go to the world's in Prague instead of Calder cup. Lots of room for you and jiricek on the Prague squad!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What a way to end a fantastic world juniors career for Kulich. Player of the game. Captain of the team. Back to back medals.
His international career is insanely good for Czech standards. Medals, MVPs and top 5 scoring all over the U18s, hlinkas and here. He has more medals than all our current NHL players.lol

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What a meltdown of the century.
Mikkola is still a nobody coach.

Dear jääkiekkoliitto ( Finnish hockey association ) FIRE THAT BOZO Mikkola immediately.

Reactions: Czechboy

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Thank you Kulich.. some questioned you yesterday. I did not.lol. Now go crack buffalo and hopefully Rochester let's you go to the world's in Prague instead of Calder cup. Lots of room for you and jiricek on the Prague squad!
may 21st! your going down ! :mad::naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
This game is very easy to predict, it will be very even until the last period when finnish sisu kicks in, so result by period will be :

cszechs - fin
(1-0)
(1-0)
(0-7)

on aggregate 2-7
Eh, I meant Czechs are the ones with "sisu" nowadays :

czechs-fin
(1-2)
(2-3)
(5-0)

on aggregate 8-5

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Not saying its causation (maybe a bit) but has any team benefitted from Russia's exclusion more than the Czechs? 17 consecutive tournaments (18 years) without a medal and now Silver and Bronze back to back. Semi final appearances (4th in 2022) in all 3 tournaments without Russia.
Complete irrelevance. Canada and the US U20s are much better than Russia. We beat both and took both close in the other game in this and the immediately preceding tournament.

Russia are welcome to come back. All they need to do is stop their genocidal war of aggression (which is supported by many hockey players) and rejoin civilization. Simples.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What a meltdown of the century.
Mikkola is still a nobody coach.

Dear jääkiekkoliitto ( Finnish hockey association ) FIRE THAT BOZO Mikkola immediately.
Can't because technically his contract runs out but they could still do the right thing and not extend it. The problem is that top level coaches apparently are not interested in coaching the team.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
The one coach responsible for our special teams should be fired
Whole f***ing coaching staff should be fired.
I respect Kimmo Kuhta as a HIFK legend and icon and he's Mr HIFK of all time to me.

I won't ever forget those big and crusial goals what Kuhta scored in 2011 SM liiga playoffs vs Jokerit.
But now he's absolutely wrong place.

Last edited:

Henri M

Dec 12, 2012
I watched from the end of the second and can not comprehend how that team managed to score 5 goals.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Complete irrelevance. Canada and the US U20s are much better than Russia. We beat both and took both close in the other game in this and the immediately preceding tournament.

Russia are welcome to come back. All they need to do is stop their genocidal war of aggression (which is supporters by many hockey players) and rejoin civilization. Simples.
haven’t seen many worse takes than this

• Haha
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
What a crazy game for a bronze medal match. I think that collapse was just as bad as the 2011 gold medal match.

Gz to the Czechs and our fav Czechboy. Try not to drunkenly stumble around on the streets and boards too much bud lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad