Value of: Brodin+Coyle to your team

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That's exactly the type of player you look for when you're in the Wild's situation.

Not as the main target it isn't. You target someone better than Galchenyuk and Drouin.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
If we're packaging Brodin and Coyle, it's because we're aiming for a much better piece than Galchenyuk. There is nothing you could offer or add for Brodin AND Coyle that would entice me to move them both to Montreal.
Well all I'm saying is that the Wild wanted Galchenyuk and offered Brodin (apparently) so I guess Wild must have interest in him lol

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well all I'm saying is that the Wild wanted Galchenyuk and offered Brodin (apparently) so I guess Wild must have interest in him lol

That's complete speculation on the media's part. Nothing official every came out about the Wild offering Brodin (that I can remember, link it if you have it).

That was also a year ago. And especially with a new GM coming in, that ship has likely sailed. I can tell you as it stands, not a lot of Wild fans are going to be interested in Galchenyuk.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Fletcher had interest in him, definitely.

So you see the problem.
I see the problem, but at the same time I wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for one of those guy alone. I think he has more value than them.

In fact, I do not want to trade Galchenyuk, I'm just trying to gauge the value of your package by seeing what that plus would be.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
That's complete speculation on the media's part. Nothing official every came out about the Wild offering Brodin (that I can remember, link it if you have it).

That was also a year ago. And especially with a new GM coming in, that ship has likely sailed. I can tell you as it stands, not a lot of Wild fans are going to be interested in Galchenyuk.
I get your point... But IMO this is exactly the kind of player you're looking to add to your roster.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I get your point... But IMO this is exactly the kind of player you're looking to add to your roster.

He's not. He's in the bad area between a young established star and an even younger high potential prospect. He's not a 70+ point dynamic scorer, and he's not going to be. THAT'S exactly what we're looking for. Not more middling tweeners who won't move the needle a la Nino, Coyle and Zucker.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
He's not. He's in the bad area between a young established star and an even younger high potential prospect. He's not a 70+ point dynamic scorer, and he's not going to be. THAT'S exactly what we're looking for. Not more middling tweeners who won't move the needle a la Nino, Coyle and Zucker.
Wait, so you're telling me you're looking for a surefire young 70 pts player? No way that package get you that lol

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wait, so you're telling me you're looking for a surefire young 70 pts player? No way that package get you that lol
We have a variety of assets that we can package to acquire what we're looking for, assuming what we're looking for is available. So far, it isn't. Zucker, Coyle, Nino, Brodin, Spurgeon, picks, prospects all being available, trust me that we have the assets.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
We have a variety of assets that we can package to acquire what we're looking for, assuming what we're looking for is available. So far, it isn't. Zucker, Coyle, Nino, Brodin, Spurgeon, picks, prospects all being available, trust me that we have the assets.
Ok, I mean the thread is Brodin+Coyle, so I thought that's what you were referring to.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Galchenyuk is 24, Drouin 23. What would you have said about Granlund when he was 23-24?

Reactions: Wild11MN

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I'd be interested in Galchenyuk. Not going to pay a premium to acquire though. Coyle+something.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Russo said yesterday that a trade involvng either Galchenyuk or Pacioretty almost happened at the trade deadline. Wild said no, not sure what the details were.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Edmonton is the one team that really needs Brodin and Niederreiter/Coyle.
EDM needs a lot of things on the ice, but what they really need is decent management. They have a GREAT player, and another really good one, and they are going to waste them if they don't get their shit together. Brodin and Coyle/Nino might help some, but they are no cure for the disease that ails them.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know last year the rumour was of Gaclchenyuk for Brodin with MB wanting a piece more and it didn't come through. With that basis, you add Coyle, and then it's way too much. So what would we have to add:

Galchenyuk+? vs Brodin-Coyle
Not a chance, unless the + is your 1st.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Russo said yesterday that a trade involvng either Galchenyuk or Pacioretty almost happened at the trade deadline. Wild said no, not sure what the details were.
I assume it involved a 1st and, if it did, that was probably the right call. That's not a commentary on the value of either player, it's a commentary on the state of the Wild's prospect pipeline.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd be interested in Galchenyuk. Not going to pay a premium to acquire though. Coyle+something.
Some Wild fans accuse Coyle of being soft, or at least not being as tough as he could be. Wait till they get a load of Galchenyuk....on top of which he is allergic to defense.

Not a player to be excited about acquiring, let alone paying Coyle( when his value is low after a bad year) and an add. Remember, Galch will make eat near another 2M of cap compared to Coyle, also.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Some Wild fans accuse Coyle of being soft, or at least not being as tough as he could be. Wait till they get a load of Galchenyuk....on top of which he is allergic to defense.

Not a player to be excited about acquiring, let alone paying Coyle( when his value is low after a bad year) and an add. Remember, Galch will make eat near another 2M of cap compared to Coyle, also.
I don't think that being weak defensively or physically "soft" should be disqualifiers for anyone we'd target. If he can skate, score, handle the puck and is around the "right" age, he should be considered.

(And yeah, I'm aware that wanting to trade Zucker makes his post kind of ironic :laugh:)

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Coyle + Draisaitl would make for a killer combo IMO

Not sure what the Oilers would have to give up for him alone.

1st in '19 ?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The only thing i could see working in terms of value is :

Habs 1st + Galchenyuk for Coyle + Brodin.

I think value is favoring Minnesota a bit in that deal as Galchenyuk => Coyle and Habs 1st pick => Brodin (depending if the pick is top 5 or 6-7 OA) but I'm pretty sure Habs would be really interested in Brodin to play with Weber and Coyle if he can play 2nd line center, so maybe they needs to overpay to get what they need.

As for the Wild, i don't know what they are looking for, retool, rebuild...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00