Value of: Brodin+Coyle to your team

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
Because MIN want to shake things up. They will recieve similar LD with better contract (term). Edmontol will get Brodin that has IMO potencial to be No.1 D-man if he gets the chance but it won´t happen in Wilds uniform (they have Sutter)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Because MIN want to shake things up. They will recieve similar LD with better contract (term). Edmontol will get Brodin that has IMO potencial to be No.1 D-man if he gets the chance but it won´t happen in Wilds uniform (they have Sutter)

At this point, we don't really need Klefboms offense, and would prefer Brodin's defense, pending any kind of deals this summer that may shake up our defense.

Basically, Brodin for Klefbom doesn't really do anything for us at this point. It doesn't give us the forward we need, and it weakens our team defense.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
What is the asking price for them? The Habs could use a shakeup and add some talent.

I seen a blowup Minnesota roster thread already.

Looking to go younger? Or just re-tool?

I think if Montreal got a Brodin from Minnesota they could send back Mete in the deal whatever that may be.

Just Brodin would play top pair with Weber and well Reilly since being picked up from Minnesota was solid for the Habs down the stretch and had good chemistry with Petry. Alzner is here for awhile so the left side would be clogged with extras Benn and Schlemko.

So Mete + for Brodin. Don’t know about Coyle.

Brodin Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Schlemko Benn

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Even if trading for his rights so they can sign him for the 8th year(to a sign and trade) was the only way the Wild can sign Tavares I don't think it would cost that much

Nope doesnt work like that. Its why the Sabres could only sign ror to a 7 year deal after trading for him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What is the asking price for them? The Habs could use a shakeup and add some talent.

I seen a blowup Minnesota roster thread already.

Looking to go younger? Or just re-tool?

I think if Montreal got a Brodin from Minnesota they could send back Mete in the deal whatever that may be.

Just Brodin would play top pair with Weber and well Reilly since being picked up from Minnesota was solid for the Habs down the stretch and had good chemistry with Petry. Alzner is here for awhile so the left side would be clogged with extras Benn and Schlemko.

So Mete + for Brodin. Don’t know about Coyle.

Brodin Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Schlemko Benn

No lol

A deal around some no name defenseman for Brodin? Come on.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
No lol

A deal around some no name defenseman for Brodin? Come on.
Not around him. I said he would have to go back automatically I think as he has value out of most of the left dmen the Habs have and Reilly isn’t going back to Minnesota. He has to be in the deal is what I’m saying.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not around him. I said he would have to go back automatically I think as he has value out of most of the left dmen the Habs have and Reilly isn’t going back to Minnesota. He has to be in the deal is what I’m saying.
I think the Wild would have interest in Galchenyuk and Drouin.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Yeah, if you'd be okay with him coming back as a 0 value piece. Wild aren't interested in receiving a less valuable main piece due to Mete being included. We're not looking for multiple parts that have a value equal to Brodin combined.

Quite frankly I'm not even sure I'd want anyone from Montreal enough to trade one of our main trade chips. Scherbak and Lehkonen don't do anything for me. My interest in Galchenyuk is waning fast. Pacioretty is too old for what we're looking for. I don't even know who else you have.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the Wild would have interest in Galchenyuk and Drouin.

Both vastly overrated players at this point. No better than Coyle, Nino, or Zucker. Worse, in fact, in some cases.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Both vastly overrated players at this point. No better than Coyle, Nino, or Zucker. Worse, in fact, in some cases.
I'm not necessarily gung-ho about him, but I have a hard time believing Galchenyuk wouldn't do better with a change of scenery. I'd consider trading Coyle for him.

The same probably goes for Drouin, but the optics of trading him would be so bad that Bergevin would have to be let go first.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I know last year the rumour was of Gaclchenyuk for Brodin with MB wanting a piece more and it didn't come through. With that basis, you add Coyle, and then it's way too much. So what would we have to add:

Galchenyuk+? vs Brodin-Coyle

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not necessarily gung-ho about him, but I have a hard time believing Galchenyuk wouldn't do better with a change of scenery. I'd consider trading Coyle for him.

The same probably goes for Drouin, but the optics of trading him would be so bad that Bergevin would have to be let go first.

Coyle would really be the only one of the main pieces I'd consider trading for Galchenyuk. I don't think Galchenyuk would have a career renaissance with us or any other team, but he is a more "skilled" player in the way he plays, which could spark something. And that would be assuming we can't get a better deal involving Coyle.

I'd much prefer to make a move packaging players for an upgrade, or taking a risk on a high potential prospect (Fiala), but if all else fails, Coyle for Galchenyuk straight up wouldn't be terrible. I certainly wouldn't add to Coyle though.

Reactions: Bazeek

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That's exactly the type of player you look for when you're in the Wild's situation.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know last year the rumour was of Gaclchenyuk for Brodin with MB wanting a piece more and it didn't come through. With that basis, you add Coyle, and then it's way too much. So what would we have to add:

Galchenyuk+? vs Brodin-Coyle

If we're packaging Brodin and Coyle, it's because we're aiming for a much better piece than Galchenyuk. There is nothing you could offer or add for Brodin AND Coyle that would entice me to move them both to Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad