Value of: Brodin+Coyle to your team

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers would start with 2018 1st as the main piece and add non core player(s) from there .
No idea what MIN needs.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Oilers would start with 2018 1st as the main piece and add non core player(s) from there .
No idea what MIN needs.
Ask any 2 Wild fans and you'll get 4 different answers.

I think we need to add scoring up front, so our best bet is probably to move someone like Brodin/Coyle/Zucker/whoever for a younger forward that hasn't broken out yet. A deal around Coyle/Zucker/Nino and Puljujarvi is an example: Edmonton gets immediate help on the wings without getting a lot older, while Minnesota takes some risk on future potential. That specific deal may or may not work for either team, but you get the idea.

I wouldn't get hung up on moving Brodin+Coyle in the same package.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
No it is not. Suter isn't coming back until like December. Brodin is not being moved.

Coyle has likely been playing hurt all season, same as Nino. Coyle is a big, right-shot on a good contract. He is not as expendable as we think.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Saw the idea being floated around the Wild board. What would you offer for a package of Brodin+Coyle?

What exactly would the Wild want. Islanders definitely could use Bodin and Coyle would be a good pick up,but I am not sure we make good trading partners(I assume you want a center?)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What exactly would the Wild want. Islanders definitely could use Bodin and Coyle would be a good pick up,but I am not sure we make good trading partners(I assume you want a center?)
Tavares ?
If NYI cant sign him this would be a decent return for his rights. MIN would have to be really confident in locking Tavares up.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Tavares ?
If NYI cant sign him this would be a decent return for his rights. MIN would have to be really confident in locking Tavares up.

Even if trading for his rights so they can sign him for the 8th year(to a sign and trade) was the only way the Wild can sign Tavares I don't think it would cost that much

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Even if trading for his rights so they can sign him for the 8th year(to a sign and trade) was the only way the Wild can sign Tavares I don't think it would cost that much
yeh negotiating rights are generally conditional picks not 2 core players. A handshake agreement would pretty much would have to be in place.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Reinhart + from the Sabres.

Eichel, Mittlestadt, ROR, Ristolainen, Scandella & 2018 1st are off limits. Everything & everyone else is available to add.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tavares ?
It's actually not a totally crazy idea. Tavares/agent would have to be on board with signing an extension as part of the deal, or it's not happening. NYI would have to believe that JT will not be coming back. Brodin would give them a young, smooth skating defensive ace who can anchor them for the next ten years, and Coyle is a handy player to have. I think he's been playing hurt all year, which has affected his game.

If Barzal hadn't shown up and had done what he has, this deal would be unthinkable, but this year has been a wild one for NYI, and must have really changed their perceptions of team needs.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Devils could use both, help at LHD and a RH shot forward. I’d be interested to see if having a bigger winger helps keep Hischier protected while he matures and fills out.

I don’t know that the Devils match up with the Wild or what they’d want, but both players make sense for NJD.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Devils could use both, help at LHD and a RH shot forward. I’d be interested to see if having a bigger winger helps keep Hischier protected while he matures and fills out.

I don’t know that the Devils match up with the Wild or what they’d want, but both players make sense for NJD.
Both players are very useful for just about any team. I would argue that Brodin would make some D poor, but otherwise potentially strong teams contenders for years to come. I just can't see the Wild trading him, especially since it's not a sure thing thing Suter's Talus break will mend well enough for him to be what he once was. Trading Brodin would make Nick Seeler( if you are saying, Who? , you are not alone)our #1LHD going into the season.

The whole premise for this thread is flawed. Brodin is not getting traded due to Suter's uncertain health status.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I was interested in Zacha early in the season, but it doesn't look like he's taken much of a step this year. Haven't really seen the Devils play this season either, so maybe he's poised for a breakout under the radar.

Not sure that there's much to build a deal round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->