Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
If I'm the Isles at this point I'd go

JT, Ladd, Lee, Boychuk, Leddy, de Haan, Pulock and leave everyone else.

I wouldnt protect leddy at all. hes insanely over paid and hes really not a great defender. I wish we could get rid of that contract.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
If I'm the Isles at this point I'd go

JT, Ladd, Lee, Boychuk, Leddy, de Haan, Pulock and leave everyone else.

Interesting, but i wouldnt leave Nelson unprotected we have Barzel to replace Strome. Pelech and others to replace dehaan or hickey. Who is replacing Brock?

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
I wouldnt protect leddy at all. hes insanely over paid and hes really not a great defender. I wish we could get rid of that contract.

Leddy would get picked right off the bat. Overpaid? I dont know where to begin... without leddy our d is in serious trouble.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

Leddy is light-years ahead of everyone else on our D-core. Hamonic is dragging him down big-time this year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

He's not the greatest in his own zone, but he's exceptional in the transition game and moving the puck up the ice. Having guys like that is an absolute necessity in the NHL today. Now, pairing him with the appropriate defensive partner would ease his own zone issues.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Leddy would get picked right off the bat. Overpaid? I dont know where to begin... without leddy our d is in serious trouble.

Leddy has been serious trouble. Hes a minus 12. Great puck carrier...great skater...like I said but hes a horrible defender and its not like hes exactly got a cannon either. Hamonic is even worse but he makes less than half of leddy. We have so much money tied into players that dont live up to it. Look at the defenseman that have Leddys salary and they probably have double the points...which is supposed to be his main asset. Still dont see how hes worth the money.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Any info on how Pulock got hurt again? I heard he's "week to week"?

I haven't gone back to look but is his durability a question mark long term? Could be bad luck, or his style of play but it feels like he hasn't been able to stay on the ice. Still a kid and maybe I'm not seeing the clear picture ( I don't follow the junors/AHL level at all) but wonder if including him in a deal when his value is high might be the best route. Love to have him with that cannon and seems to play the body well but if he is only gonna be a 40-50 games a year guy, that's an issue.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Any info on how Pulock got hurt again? I heard he's "week to week"?

Pulock. Looking up his family tree on Ancestry.com.
Finds he is related to a hockey player, one R. Martinek a/k/a Mr. Glass.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Interesting, but i wouldnt leave Nelson unprotected we have Barzel to replace Strome. Pelech and others to replace dehaan or hickey. Who is replacing Brock?

Anybody that cares on the ice, lol. Beauvillier for one. I'm not saying Brock is worthless, and i'm sure he'll get interest if he's left unprotected, however, he reminds me of Blake Comeau. I just don't see him being a long term core member of the personnel. Beauv will be full-time next season and I don't think Brock is that necessary.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I haven't gone back to look but is his durability a question mark long term? Could be bad luck, or his style of play but it feels like he hasn't been able to stay on the ice. Still a kid and maybe I'm not seeing the clear picture ( I don't follow the junors/AHL level at all) but wonder if including him in a deal when his value is high might be the best route. Love to have him with that cannon and seems to play the body well but if he is only gonna be a 40-50 games a year guy, that's an issue.

Eh, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. Posters were doing the same exact thing with de Haan and he's turned out to be pretty durable. Defensemen get injuries, a lot. Look at Hamonic. It's just the way they have to play the game. I'm more concerned that Pulock hasn't found a way for the Isles to feel they HAVE to insert him in the NHL lineup. That says to me that he's still hasn't put his defensive game together. From what I've seen Pelech still seems to be higher on the depth chart than he is.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Eh, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. Posters were doing the same exact thing with de Haan and he's turned out to be pretty durable. Defensemen get injuries, a lot. Look at Hamonic. It's just the way they have to play the game. I'm more concerned that Pulock hasn't found a way for the Isles to feel they HAVE to insert him in the NHL lineup. That says to me that he's still hasn't put his defensive game together. From what I've seen Pelech still seems to be higher on the depth chart than he is.

DeHanns injuries were also a lot worse

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
There's a lot of speculation that he's being used in a trade.

It would make more sense if he was here to replace a roster defenseman on the move. I can't imagine there being much interest in Pelech, and the return wouldn't be much.... probably not enough of a return for Snowman to consider moving him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad