Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
From Dal Colle throwing hands to Ho-Sang seemingly responding to every benching with points the first game back... I think Thompson has these guys developing on a path we can all feel a little reassured with.

Perks like Towes also help.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
From Dal Colle throwing hands to Ho-Sang seemingly responding to every benching with points the first game back... I think Thompson has these guys developing on a path we can all feel a little reassured with.

Perks like Towes also help.

I feel like Thompson is Old Time Hockey. It's good these guys are learning the ropes but seriously, Dal Colle scrapping, get back to scoring goals. He'd get his teeth knocked out quick vs an NHL fighter.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I feel like Thompson is Old Time Hockey. It's good these guys are learning the ropes but seriously, Dal Colle scrapping, get back to scoring goals. He'd get his teeth knocked out quick vs an NHL fighter.

I don't think they are going to ask Dal colle to fight. Heck, I am sure therw were more higher ups holding their breath than cheering him on.

I just think showing the emotion and being engaged is what is most important about that scrap.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
How will the SOUNDTIGERS handle a 3 goalie rotation.
Is there room on the bus for 3 ?
LGI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Snow should be canned just for that alone. Pick your best 4 goaltenders (NHL/AHL) and go with them. He's just stunting the development of everyone.

Unless someone is getting moved to the ECHL or IR, it's 4 goalies now.

Snow must view this as accumulating chips for future trades.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Unless someone is getting moved to the ECHL or IR, it's 4 goalies now.

Snow must view this as accumulating chips for future trades.

Because guys with .900 save percentage in the AHL will really yield us something special. If that's his thought process, he's dumber then I thought.

I personallly thinks overrates his own ability in assessing talent and has a huge ego, he so badly wants to see a guy he discovered/acquired turn into the real deal. It hasn't happened yet but hell wait and wait for his masterpiece to come to fruition.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
He's a pack rat

He got a free toy (Berube) and can't bring himself to let it go, despite the consequences of carrying 3 goalies. It caused strife in the crease, a sub par showing by our de-facto starter, and it prevented us from keeping Parenteau which threw the whole lineup out of whack.

The same can be said for Prince and Quine.... and in the past it was Brian Strait.

That one move, as small as it may seem might have cost us the season. And for what? Berube is nice, but I do not see him ever becoming a top starter in this league.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
He's a pack rat

He got a free toy (Berube) and can't bring himself to let it go, despite the consequences of carrying 3 goalies. It caused strife in the crease, a sub par showing by our de-facto starter, and it prevented us from keeping Parenteau which threw the whole lineup out of whack.

The same can be said for Prince and Quine.... and in the past it was Brian Strait.

That one move, as small as it may seem might have cost us the season. And for what? Berube is nice, but I do not see him ever becoming a top starter in this league.

very well said. sadly.

these are hardly difference makers or elite players that the team can build around, they are fringe players at best - yet they hang around far too long.

Let's not confuse patience with indecisiveness or simply poor decisions/lack of action.

Fine line between being patient and wasting a season or ten!

Results are clear and that's what matters and the fact that it's now 2017 and both Garth and Capuano are still with the Isles is a failure in ownership. Ironically, they are making the same "lack of action" mistakes that the GM is.

Happy New Year peeps!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Pulock is back playing in BP isn't he? I haven't heard much about him in these forums since he recovered. Is he getting playing time? Seems like he's fallen through the cracks at this point. Probably won't be protected come expansion draft time.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Pulock is back playing in BP isn't he? I haven't heard much about him in these forums since he recovered. Is he getting playing time? Seems like he's fallen through the cracks at this point. Probably won't be protected come expansion draft time.

The last time I heard about him he was on a 3 game goal streak. I think he's fine. Hopefully he gets to play in a couple of nhl games this year. Then again who knows what Snow's plan is.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I have to think we are going to protect 7 forwards-3 defense so he will be available. It's a basic case will Vegas like the more polished De Haan or take a chance with Pulock. Maybe We'll be surprised and they take Hickey

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I have to think we are going to protect 7 forwards-3 defense so he will be available. It's a basic case will Vegas like the more polished De Haan or take a chance with Pulock. Maybe We'll be surprised and they take Hickey

Kelly McCrimmon, asst. GM of Vegas, was Pulock's coach in Brandon.

If he's unprotected, kiss him goodbye.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Can't we just offer our old pal GMGM to take strome and we'll throw in a pick?

I really don't want to lose CDH or Pulock

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011

I think they go 4 and 4 leaving Strome, de haan, and hickey unprotected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad