Value of: Brian Eliott or Michael Nirvirth to the Leafs

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mikenusca

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Wonder if we see the leafs make a claim today since Babcock made a throwaway comment over wanting to get Kaskisuo some games in the AHL.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Talbot could be available. Short term fix, pending UFA. Probably won't cost a ton. Could be part of a bigger deal if the Oilers and Leafs come to terms.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Elliott is actually pretty good when healthy.

Neuvirth has been a shadow of himself for 2 1/2 seasons now. Worst sv% in NHL amongst goalies with 50+ games in that time. .896 sv%.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Schneider's on IR and hasn't won a regular season game since December 2017.

Trading Kinkaid leaves us with Blackwood and... ?? Lack's done for the year, and we have no timetable for Cory.

But, please, continue to lecture me about my team.
Kinkaid is not someone you sell, he's someone you re-sign.

I don’t get the controversy here. If the Devils are selling, isn’t poor goaltending something they’d like for a couple of months? Get s better pick?

Just because you trade Kinksid doesn’t mean you can’t bring him back in summer. Leafs did that with Polak a couple of times I think.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t get the controversy here. If the Devils are selling, isn’t poor goaltending something they’d like for a couple of months? Get s better pick?

Just because you trade Kinksid doesn’t mean you can’t bring him back in summer. Leafs did that with Polak a couple of times I think.

The idea is that, at the moment, if Kinkaid is traded, we simply do not have any other playable goaltenders. Schneider is on IR, and Lack is done for the season. We'd be stuck with Blackwood and... waiver fodder?

In turn, Blackwood is then thrown into a situation where he's the bonafide starter, as a 22-year-old with a literal handful of NHL games under this belt. I wouldn't say he's fragile, but he has had confidence issues in the past, and I'd much rather usher him into a starting role by running a 1A/1B tandem with another fringe starter (Kinkaid).

The high pick is nice, but I'd rather not have Blackwood's first NHL stint be more turbulent than the Devils' defense will already make it.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Seems Babcock disagrees
Didn't know Babcock called the shots.

He's just talking to build up the confidence of k2, who no doubt feels jerked around

Ftr, I can see them picking someone up on waivers, but a trade is stupid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad