Value of: Brian Eliott or Michael Nirvirth to the Leafs

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I’d think they could easily be bad for a conditional 3rd/4th round pick.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Elliott is still hurt
Stolarz is still hurt

Neuvirth and Hart in NHL
Lyon in AHL

Neuvirth would be the one to go due to health. But realistically, would they move him with 2 other goalies hurt? Seems unlikely. But I would.

Neuvy for a 3rd or 4th would be fine. In fact, make the pick in 2020 and we will retain 50% for a 3rd if that works for you.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
We might not have a choice Huchinson can't start long
Hutchinson was literally accuired for this scenario. If our 1 and 2 get hurt, hutch has 100 games and is a great guy to have as a #3. He can play 10 games and be just fine. Really this is for super short term anyway. We don't need a goalie to fill in for 2 games. We're faring great in the standings

Supposing we get another goalie in your scenario, what do we do when their all healthy? Waive one of 2 of them?

Reactions: zaqq

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Please ignore. We’ve been over this on the Leafs board. OP seems to think we need 28 NHL goalies waiting in the wings just in case everyone gets injured.

Andersen is nursing a minor injury and Sparks is out as a precaution. It hasn’t even been confirmed that he got a concussion. This is not a time to panic. Hutch will play a couple games and all will be fine.

Reactions: zaqq and Loosie

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Andersen and S are out and Eamon Mcadam is one injury away from being in the NHL.

It's neccessary

If Hutchinson gets injured it's necessary. He has lots of NHL experience and will fill in just fine.

Leafs are 2nd in the NHL, time to panic!! Settle down and go make another terrible Leafs proposal on the trade board.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hutchinson was literally accuired for this scenario. If our 1 and 2 get hurt, hutch has 100 games and is a great guy to have as a #3. He can play 10 games and be just fine. Really this is for super short term anyway. We don't need a goalie to fill in for 2 games. We're faring great in the standings

Supposing we get another goalie in your scenario, what do we do when their all healthy? Waive one of 2 of them?

Well Huchinson can pass through waivers he's done it many times.

As for Sparks he looks to have a concussion if that is the case there is no telling when or even if he will be healthy, concussions are unpredictable see Marc Savard for exhibit A, or Eric Lindros, or Keith Primeau

Concussions are no Joke .

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Andersen and S are out and Eamon Mcadam is one injury away from being in the NHL.

It's neccessary
we have a 6 pt lead and a game in hand on the next team down the ladder in our division, Hutchison isn't hurt and Andersen is eligible for return at any time (the IR move opens up a roster spot without using waivers for a Sparks replacement and backup to be called up). There's no need to invent problems and exaggerate the consequences to ourselves, things are good here

Well Huchinson can pass through waivers he's done it many times.

As for Sparks he looks to have a concussion if that is the case there is no telling when or even if he will be healthy, concussions are unpredictable see Marc Savard for exhibit A, or Eric Lindros, or Keith Primeau

Concussions are no Joke .
the guys you're citing here are examples of chronic concussions (and bad ones in the case of Lindros and Savard), they're really dangerous for sure, but has Sparks ever had one before now?

Reactions: my name is Bob

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I believe Eliott and Nirvirth are better than the numbers show, Philadelphia just sucks.

Same with Kinkaid in NJ

Elliott has been mediocre for 5 NHL teams at this point. Neuverth for 4.

We just paid a 5th for a similarly mediocre goalie whos numbers are also terrible because he has played for equally awful teams. The Cats have been bad this year and he played for the Jets while he was still bad.

Normally you (and I do mean you as an individual) at least give a guy a game before you post threads for a new backup. Sheesh.

Reactions: ToDavid and zaqq

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
we have a 6 pt lead and a game in hand on the next team down the ladder in our division, Hutchison isn't hurt and Andersen is eligible for return at any time (the IR move opens up a roster spot without using waivers for a Sparks replacement and backup to be called up). There's no need to invent problems and exaggerate the consequences to ourselves, things are good here

the guys you're citing here are examples of chronic concussions (and bad ones in the case of Lindros and Savard), they're really dangerous for sure, but has Sparks ever had one before now?

I don't know if this is Sparks 1st concussion but it's common knowledge they become easier and easier to get .

the brain is not to be taken lightly

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Elliott has been mediocre for 5 NHL teams at this point. Neuverth for 4.

We just paid a 5th for a similarly mediocre goalie whos numbers are also terrible because he has played for equally awful teams. The Cats have been bad this year and he played for the Jets while he was still bad.

Normally you (and I do mean you as an individual) at least give a guy a game before you post threads for a new backup. Sheesh.

Eh. If hutchinson gets hurt, they have to make another trade since McAdam and Kaskisuo have a combined 0 nhl games and have been terrible this season.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Eh. If hutchinson gets hurt, they have to make another trade since McAdam and Kaskisuo have a combined 0 nhl games and have been terrible this season.

Depends on how long Freddy is out tbh. I don't want Kaskisou or McAdam in net any more than you do, (they suck :thumbd: ) but if we're worrying about our third string goalie going down we might as well worry about what we'll do when Freddy Gauthier has to play #1C. We haven't seen Hutchinson between the pipes and we don't know how long either Sparks or Andersen will be out.

Reactions: zaqq

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Depends on how long Freddy is out tbh. I don't want Kaskisou or McAdam in net any more than you do, (they suck :thumbd: ) but if we're worrying about our third string goalie going down we might as well worry about what we'll do when Freddy Gauthier has to play #1C. We haven't seen Hutchinson between the pipes and we don't know how long either Sparks or Andersen will be out.

Yeah, it's very unlikely since Andersen is skating already and seems to be healthy enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad