Value of: Brian Eliott or Michael Nirvirth to the Leafs

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
The idea is that, at the moment, if Kinkaid is traded, we simply do not have any other playable goaltenders. Schneider is on IR, and Lack is done for the season. We'd be stuck with Blackwood and... waiver fodder?

In turn, Blackwood is then thrown into a situation where he's the bonafide starter, as a 22-year-old with a literal handful of NHL games under this belt. I wouldn't say he's fragile, but he has had confidence issues in the past, and I'd much rather usher him into a starting role by running a 1A/1B tandem with another fringe starter (Kinkaid).

The high pick is nice, but I'd rather not have Blackwood's first NHL stint be more turbulent than the Devils' defense will already make it.
That’s fair, but shitty backups are cheap. You’d trade Kinkaid for a 2nd/3rd, and pick up a crap goalie for a 5th... essentially upgrading that 5th to a 2nd/3rd

If Blackwood winds up taking the starting job then, it’ll be a positive experience, as he had to beat someone out for it, even if he gets hammered every night.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Sparks is officially has a concussion and the team has come out and basically said they are looking for another goalie, Mekenna is a flyer so maybe a trade gets made it certainly looks like a trade is coming

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Sparks is officially has a concussion and the team has come out and basically said they are looking for another goalie, Mekenna is a flyer so maybe a trade gets made it certainly looks like a trade is coming

Nothing would happen until Elliott is cleared to come back. Acquiring Mckenna means Hart should be on his way back to Lehigh. Neuvirth is actually overdue for an injury at this point, so we'll need to keep everyone until the elast injury prone of our NHL goalies is back up and running.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad