Value of: Brian Eliott or Michael Nirvirth to the Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think you're making too much of this, can you think of a Goalie that had their career ended by concussions?

If I'm not mistaken Rick Dipetro's career was eventually ended by a concussion

Mike Richter's career was ended by a skull fracture and concussion

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
If I'm not mistaken Rick Dipetro's career was eventually ended by a concussion

Mike Richter's career was ended by a skull fracture and concussion
DiPietro was back/knee/hip/abdominal injuries, he did have a concussion early on but that wasn't what ended his career

Richter's was a massive impact event, not a small concussion that no one knew happened until after the fact

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I’d think they could easily be bad for a conditional 3rd/4th round pick.

Please tell me this was intentional. lol!

Also, Toronto doesn't need another goalie, just yet. Even if Andersen wasn't close to returning (and it looks like he is), and Sparks actually has a severe concussion (we don't even know if he has one at all yet) then they can still ride Hutch for a week or two. It wouldn't be the first time a team has to feed starts to the 3rd stringer for a while.

It is only an issue if they hadn't traded for Hutch, or if he is also hurt. But why not worry about that IF it happens?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If we are that concerned, grab McKenna... he's free, and would help our Marlies when we have to waive him, if he clears.

The Vancouver Canucks placed goaltender Mike McKenna on waivers

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
We have a goalie problem and we turn to Philly?

Of all the teams...

Omg, this is TOO funny. This was my initial reaction too. But hey, if you want one go ahead, give us a bag of pucks and maybe lunch too (though that may be pushing it a bit) and you can have your pick of the two

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Omg, this is TOO funny. This was my initial reaction too. But hey, if you want one go ahead, give us a bag of pucks and maybe lunch too (though that may be pushing it a bit) and you can have your pick of the two
I’d trade Neuvirth for a franchise of Tim Hortons being paid by the Maple Leafs in Wells Fargo

Let Gritty go wild

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Schneider's on IR and hasn't won a regular season game since December 2017.

Trading Kinkaid leaves us with Blackwood and... ?? Lack's done for the year, and we have no timetable for Cory.

But, please, continue to lecture me about my team.

Sellers don't generally keeps UFA's

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
DiPietro was back/knee/hip/abdominal injuries, he did have a concussion early on but that wasn't what ended his career

Richter's was a massive impact event, not a small concussion that no one knew happened until after the fact

Also I forgot to mention Cory Crawford's career looks like it's headed to it's end thanks to concussions

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If we are that concerned, grab McKenna... he's free, and would help our Marlies when we have to waive him, if he clears.

The Vancouver Canucks placed goaltender Mike McKenna on waivers

the idea is to get a REAL backup because AHL level goaltending doesn't work

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I did, it just doesn't matter, you are sellers the only way sellers keep their UFAS is if they are injured and untradeable or have a NTC and won't waive

lol...you want a team to trade away one of their top two goalies and go with a 3rd/4th string goalie just so the Leafs don't have to? We're not getting Kinkaid. At best wed get another warm body somewhere between Sparks/Hutchison and Kaskisuo.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Doesn't Mason live in Toronto. Get him. Outside of the 1st 2 games last year which was more the tesm then him he played good when healthy. Better then hutch or sparks

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
lol...you want a team to trade away one of their top two goalies and go with a 3rd/4th string goalie just so the Leafs don't have to? We're not getting Kinkaid. At best wed get another warm body somewhere between Sparks/Hutchison and Kaskisuo.

I just expect them to trade Kinkaid because they are sellers

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Just wait it out. This only makes sense if both Sparks and Andersen are out long term.

The chances of Hutchinson getting injured before Sparks or Andersen come back are so low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad