Rumor: Brady Tkachuk frustrated with the Ottawa Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Can't you guys see Brady doesn't want to play for or stay in Ottawa?

He's pricing his way out if there.

Brady will be traded, mark my words!

Here’s the thing: I feel that Brady might want to play in Ottawa but too many people are in his head about all the money he doesn’t have and honestly doesn’t deserve. He’s going to be the biggest loser in all of this.

Reactions: Ragdoll and BLONG7

FootClan15

Oct 13, 2021
Keith tkatchuk has never won a Stanley cup, Mathew Tkatchuk has never won a playoff series, Brady Tkatchuk has never won a playoff series. At least these guys hold out on their teams for money though

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Bruce is the team's unofficial spokesman. Brady's been offered 8x8, he says it flat out without adding ifs, buts or maybes. As good of a confirmation as we're going to get.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Ktachuk’s zero interest in playing in Canada, and zero interest in taking a fair contract.

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I don't understand why he wasn't traded months ago...

On the first day he was eligible to be signed, the Sens should've presented his agent with an offer which they felt represented the value and/or expected value he would bring to the franchise over the length of that contract...

If his agent counters with something substantially higher than that, then immediately start shopping him around and sell him to the highest bidder...

It should never get to this point with an RFA...

If you offer Tkachuk 8 million per season because that's the value you expect him to bring to the team, and you agree to 9 million, you are overpaying based on your own evaluation of the player

If you're a GM who's caving to the demands of agents and giving players a larger cap hit than you think they're worth, you shouldn't be a GM...

Last edited:

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I don't understand why he hasn't been traded yet...

On the first day he was eligible to be signed, the Sens should've presented his agent with an offer which they felt represented the value and/or expected value he would bring to the franchise over the length of that contract...

If his agent counters with something substantially higher than that, then immediately start shopping him around and sell him to the highest bidder...

If you offer Tkachuk 8 million per season because that's the value you expect him to bring to the team, and you agree to 9 million, you are overpaying based on your own evaluation of the player

If you're a GM who's caving to the demands of agents and giving players a larger cap hit than you think they're worth, you shouldn't be a GM...

I think a part of it is that our GM believes he has leverage in the situation, and probably in his head believes this stalemate will eventually result in a long term deal.

Only thing that makes sense, but there’s also stuff off of the ice like fan loyalty, questioning commitment to ice a competitive team, face of the franchise, etc.

Probably not easy to trade a player that everyone knows is demanding a Kings ransom either.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
8x8M seems like a fair offer for what he’s shown thus far. Brady insists on a bridge deal. Either he really believes he’s worth more than that, or…. He doesn’t want to be stapled to the Sens long term. Which sucks, and I feel sorry for Sens fans if that’s the case.

Or maybe he’s going the greedy non-commital Matthews route of taking short term and extremely high dollars.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

Yeah it's pretty weird, I know how good he is, but does he know how much real talent he will play with in Ottawa. They are loaded and he and his family are playing games and MAYBE thinking the grass is greener somewhere else, or MAYBE thinking it's all about hitting UFA status asap.
Either way the media will not call a spade a spade, and call out this destructive trend in the negotiation of RFA contracts.
The Senators have lots of assets going forward and could probably use some of them along with Tkachuk to upgrade his LW slot in the top 6 and shore up the D for long term solidity and more economically.
One star player never wins you a cup, you need lots of hands on the oars.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
They have to offer him a low bridge deal don't they? I don't see how forcing someone to stay is a good plan.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
The Suzuki deal makes it pretty hard for the Brady camp to argue the money is wrong on a LT deal. Must be an unwillingness to commit to Ottawa, so sign a bridge and trade him at the deadline of his last year.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I’d take Suzuki over tkachuk as well, position being the tiebreaker

tkachuk sitting out only hurts himself, it doesn’t hurt the sens. Melnyuk saves 5-7 million in payroll this year and whether ktachuk is in the lineup or not, it barely moves the needle. Like a poster above me said, you need everyone to contribute to a hockey teams success. Star players help, but depth is what helps propel a team like Tampa to win with the acquisitions of Coleman, savard, McDonough, and goodrow.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

It shouldn't be surprising. Pierre Dorion is the dumbest GM in the league.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Honestly, props to Dorion. He’s handling this situation properly, offer him a long term deal because it doesn’t make any sense to sign him to a bridge that brings him to ufa. Sens have all the leverage and they know it. Most gms would cave in this situation.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With Suzuki getting that contract, Brady is going to ask for $10 million now.

It's an 8 year contract & includes 4 UFA years. Suzuki is ok with committing to Montreal. Tkachuk doesn't seem to have that same confidence in Ottawa. Reportedly, he's turned down an 8 year contract by Sens.

Term makes a difference. Wait until Petey's contract is up in 3 years & see what he gets.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
With all of these other RFAs signing deals and other guys signing extensions...I do not see how Brady can ask for anything over 7 anymore. Pettersson got a short term deal at 7.35 and is much better. While Suzuki signed at 7.875 long term. Those guys are both only a year older and have proven to be more valuable to better teams, while also playing center. What argument does he have to ask for anything higher, no matter the term?

Reactions: h2owned

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
I’d take Suzuki over tkachuk as well, position being the tiebreaker

tkachuk sitting out only hurts himself, it doesn’t hurt the sens. Melnyuk saves 5-7 million in payroll this year and whether ktachuk is in the lineup or not, it barely moves the needle. Like a poster above me said, you need everyone to contribute to a hockey teams success. Star players help, but depth is what helps propel a team like Tampa to win with the acquisitions of Coleman, savard, McDonough, and goodrow.
This is all non sense tho. Brady is the heart and soul of the sens. One player can and will make a difference for a team.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
With all of these other RFAs signing deals and other guys signing extensions...I do not see how Brady can ask for anything over 7 anymore. Pettersson got a short term deal at 7.35 and is much better. While Suzuki signed at 7.875 long term. Those guys are both only a year older and have proven to be more valuable to better teams, while also playing center. What argument does he have to ask for anything higher, no matter the term?

Brady knows the Senators have low credibility with the fans and are leveraging that in the hope that the Sens will blink first.

The only leverage we have is him missing games, he clearly loves to play and that is the only way to exert any pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad