Rumor: Brady Tkachuk frustrated with the Ottawa Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Just lol at this awful take. Zub would be in the leafs top 4 and is one of the more underrated players in the league. He wouldn’t struggle to beat out non and fringe NHLers

How many games have you seen him play? And how many games have you seen Dermott, Sandin and Lil play?

Cuz it looks like you're from the West coast, so unless you're unemployed I'm guessing that you've seen him play a couple of times at most and are just talking out of your ass with the "more underrated players in the league" silliness.

Reactions: TML1990

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
How many games have you seen him play? And how many games have you seen Dermott, Sandin and Lil play?

Cuz it looks like you're from the West coast, so unless you're unemployed I'm guessing that you've seen him play a couple of times at most and are just talking out of your ass with the "more underrated players in the league" silliness.
I don't think you have seen Zub play much. He's not a big point producer but he's a bonafide top 4 on almost any team. He's smart and plays with ice in his veins. I can't think of a comparable at the moment.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I don't think you have seen Zub play much. He's not a big point producer but he's a bonafide top 4 on almost any team. He's smart and plays with ice in his veins. I can't think of a comparable at the moment.

What people thought Adam Larsson could be more consistently.

Last edited:

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
It sounds like the team has looked at a bridge, but those comments were about a week before camp opened. It would not surprise me though if they were asking for a Matt type of bridge (7M+) where from Ottawas standpoint, its hard to give a bridge above what Batherson signed long term for (5M). And there is the whole signing bonus issue which is likely coming into play.

Both camps have reason beyond this contract not to cave, however. Team Tkachuk has Matts contract to negotiate next year, and they want to show no weakness on Brady's negotiations. And The Senators have a couple of major pieces needing re-upping in the next two years and do not want to cave.

Unlike a lot RFA situations, there are a few more moving parts here than normal which is not helping.
Yeah he is not worth 7 mil per on a bridge deal but we don’t know for sure if that’s the ask. Tough situation for Ottawa but eventually he’ll be signed or traded.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Dermott, Sandin and Liljegren are bottom pair players. Have seen Dermott play at least a dozen times over the past 2 seasons, and most of Sandins and Liljegren's NHL games and they are nothing special with the exception of possibly Sandin.

Last edited:

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

He's an undrafted player out of Russia with 47 NHL games to his name playing for Ottawa. Off course I haven't seen him play much - no one outside of Ottawa has. That was the point.

Reactions: TML1990

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He's an undrafted player out of Russia with 47 NHL games to his name playing for Ottawa. Off course I haven't seen him play much - no one outside of Ottawa has. That was the point.

Well he's right lol. You don't need to see more than a handful of games to know Zub would good enough for any teams top 4.

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

So how can you formulate an opinion on someone you haven't seen play?

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
why? so in two years they can trade him cause he cant stand living in -30C and wants to go live with papa in St. Lou?
data=RQkJKni1KVRLemYHjWwrz4KcqSRiEz9SsSVjdamJBGzLabdU1VbZClEEQbYPSBPoiAY6nK3EECSN6jS0h4tPJvlHYBQoRCLgXDb-KV4L_mGrdlCm4Mm2K0Ocgs5-2HEM_24AtrdErXs-6vxzX6qV9OG-U1GbxG-duXmfUd7loxsF-ddWv8DOV3mpKlfJtoTN-xnyEQ,U1jH-t0s4BdqnTKlWlMRZbwbtxdfA2ORYlJMbyK-tIpiksV3QHQeC4CNone6WUT1GOt3WJbX1JJUXOML9l7FMKnmpjCyzFXseoMKiBP5BsBiozjyw1hJoe-Gl8ux9LfntYflRMB4rO7LylV2cbnU3LvQdn8g-4Q7BYPVOVkiGg_cU1VnTtah61A65lq1Z41yAonRCswJlaQJhSvMKd5AZMIJZPGZiZ4Cx--UnblYBt39G3X59LlI95qQa2svnZcR46i_G7y1grKuLjAZDcOwws8IIInIO-WdvXa_9OZEEEPNAuKeaB03fkERN7OTWARADrWE5k_Osgrk5IIyj0wWYbVnqx2mPF1lRIR_AVNvq_wuLvef3Af8qs9E3IPPGZrHOgHvVXwV9Sm3lFR7A_4_qg

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You're repeating standard misconceptions common to folks who don't actually watch the Leafs. Leafs depth is fine - their 15th forward just got waiver claimed and will start for the Habs, as an example. Zub would have trouble beating out Sandin/Lil/Dermott for the last spot on D. Yes, Brown would be a nice 3rd liner.

This is a Tkachuk thread, btw.
You have absolutely no clue about the bolded. Watch another team play hockey other than the leafs. Zub would solidify their top 4 d and is a better player than Holl, Brodie and debatably muzzin. Watch the games that's all I ask. If the leafs depth is so good then the problem must be their top players I guess.

Back to Tkachuk.

Why not meet in the middle at 6 years? 6 × 8.1 so he can be the highest paid player on the team that should satisfy the Tkachuk ego . Brings him to ufa at 27. If he wants to leave he can and still sign a huge ticket and choose where ever he wants. He is gonna make 100 million regardless. I think at this point the sens do that deal. Would Brady?

Last edited:

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
You have absolutely no clue about the bolded. Watch another team play hockey other than the leafs. Zub would solidify their top 4 d and is a better player than Holl, Brodie and debatably muzzin. Watch the games that's all I ask. If the leafs depth is so good then the problem must be their top players I guess.

Lol. That's the dumbest thing I've read in this thread yet.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
whats the over/under brady doesn't sign anything and then agrees to a deal on the last day but ottawa (or should i say melnyk) says no :laugh:

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
You have absolutely no clue about the bolded. Watch another team play hockey other than the leafs. Zub would solidify their top 4 d and is a better player than Holl, Brodie and debatably muzzin. Watch the games that's all I ask.

lay off the ether, my friend.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Best post I've seen yet. I'm sure the sens would do 6 years at 7.2. Fair deal and brings Tkachuk to 27 as a UFA to sign a big ticket. Doesn't sound like Brady is being reasonable though.
Back then players signed for less as RFAs and more as UFAs. There’s been a shift in recent years for players to cash in younger while they are still in their prime rather than when they are older and become terrible contracts for their team.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
You're repeating standard misconceptions common to folks who don't actually watch the Leafs. Leafs depth is fine - their 15th forward just got waiver claimed and will start for the Habs, as an example. Zub would have trouble beating out Sandin/Lil/Dermott for the last spot on D. Yes, Brown would be a nice 3rd liner.

This is a Tkachuk thread, btw.

lmfao. Tell me you’ve never seen him play without telling me you’ve never seen him play.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Ashrum

Sep 22, 2006
If the sens offered 10, his crew would ask for 10.5, at the start of this I was like ok hard negotiation with family and agent, now I see them as greedy. I am getting frustrated with myself for keep reading this post.

He doesn't want to be a senator, ok obvious now, sign him to something shorter with the intent to trade him before he becomes a UFA cause you don't need this drama on any team but especially the sens who are trying to build a new identity and image then the cheap ownership image we have now.

Would have been fun to build the team around the guy but he's just greedy so have fun squeezing every team you play with in the future. You can join your dad in the hhof someday, oh no you can't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad