Rumor: Brady Tkachuk frustrated with the Ottawa Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Whats the hangup? Is he really holding out or was the proposed 8x8 not a real offer?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Question: if ktachuk sits the year, is he still 4 yrs away from ufa next summer? Or does the year get used up and he’s 3 more years until ufa from next summer?
I think it's based off age/years played (I think 7), whichever threshold is met first. So if he theoretically just sat until he was 27, he would become UFA. The benefit for making the league at a younger age (and playing) is that you can become UFA before age 27.

So yes, a "year" is used up in terms of age, but if he's going to hit that mark for seasons played before, it doesn't matter. It shouldn't count towards seasons played though, which is how he can get to UFA before age 27.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I think it's based off age/years played (I think 7), whichever threshold is met first. So if he theoretically just sat until he was 27, he would become UFA. The benefit for making the league at a younger age (and playing) is that you can become UFA before age 27.

So yes, a "year" is used up in terms of age, but if he's going to hit that mark for seasons played before, it doesn't matter. It shouldn't count towards seasons played though, which is how he can get to UFA before age 27.
Ok thx

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I hope the Sens hold firm and if anything lower the offer to him. Love the player but he's not even worth the 8x8 that was offered that he considers an insult apparently.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Brady is only hurting himself. Him holding out helps melnyuk as he saves money. It also helps Ottawa tank. That’s why Brady has zero leverage, he’s screwed

Reactions: SENStastic

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Whats the hangup? Is he really holding out or was the proposed 8x8 not a real offer?

Yes its real, been corroborated by numerous sources at this point, have a look at previous pages. Apparently, Brady's camp found it insulting, their ask was north of 8.4M supposedly, but we don't know how high the figure is exactly. That was the situation as of 2 weeks ago, now it's a stalemate with neither side willing to budge, he may very well have to sit his ass out for a season if he doesn't come down to earth with his demands soon.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
If only I was in the position to find potentially 400k off of my offered 8mil salary an "insult". If only :sarcasm:

Reactions: SENStastic

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Just demand a trade already Brady...you aren't worth more than 7m on a bridge deal and if you dont want long term then this shouldn't be that hard to figure out!

Stay at home at each Mcdonald's with your dad...might wish you took the Sens offer before you reach your dads size!

I have NO respect for players holding out when they haven't proven shit in the league at such a young age. Is he a good player, yes. Has he won a Calder or led his to win a cup or make the playoffs, NOPE. Shut up and go play already you greedy SOB

Reactions: branch

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Brady is only hurting himself. Him holding out helps melnyuk as he saves money. It also helps Ottawa tank. That’s why Brady has zero leverage, he’s screwed

He has definitely lost a huge portion of his leverage. The damage is already done to the Sens. They get embarrassed and have dealt with the sad reality that he wont be there to start the season with them. That was Brady's ultimate leverage.

But in his defense, if his team was crystal clear that a long term deal was not on the table at all - then this situation is ridiculous. You cant force anyone to sign long term or give up their UFA years.

But all indications were that he and his side were open to a long term deal at one point. And that obviously makes more sense than them spending 4 months of negotiations and didnt get past the first order of business - and that fact staying private for as long as it did.

2 weeks ago everything changed and now the Tkachuk camp wont talk about anything beyond the bridge - that is their new and only real leverage. And have already used it by leaking to the media that the Sens are forcing them into a long term deal.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
My fantasy dynasty team is frustrated with both the Ottawa Senators and Brady Tkachuk.

We count hits, shits, PIM amongst other conventional scoring stats. Guy is a linchpin for me.

Get something done already.

Reactions: wunderpanda

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
My fantasy dynasty team is frustrated with both the Ottawa Senators and Brady Tkachuk.

We count hits, shits, PIM amongst other conventional scoring stats. Guy is a linchpin for me.

Get something done already.

Thats one odd fantasy league you got there. But its true, Brady gives you all the shits you can handle.

Reactions: koyvoo

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Ottawa straight poverty. Relocate the team.

No one in the US even knows where Ottawa is

Its the capital city of the country that was ranked #1 in 2021 as the best country on the planet.

Canada is the No. 1 Country in the World, According to the 2021 Best Countries Report

If our friends down south dont know where/what Ottawa is - that failure is on them... And should not be worn like a badge of honor...

Fwiw, I didnt know exactly where on the map Nashville, Raleigh, Columbus, St Louis, ect ect were located when I can first remember watching my favorite sports team play against them as a youngster.... But holy f*** being ignorant is a crappy feeling, no? And I quickly figured out where and who they were after discovering my hockey team played against them....

And I guess its too much to expect other hockey fans to have done the same when they saw a team named Ottawa or Calgary in town, and decided to just stay ignorant out of choice, eh? As if there was no reason to be a little bit curious (like seeing your team play a city you havent heard of :rolleyes: ) Le sigh...

And ftr, there is lots of money in the area. Canada is top-tier rich, and Ottawa with its $1m+ population is no exception. Just need to get them closer to downtown is all.

Last edited:

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Its the capital city of the country that was ranked #1 in 2021 as the best country on the planet.

Canada is the No. 1 Country in the World, According to the 2021 Best Countries Report

If our friends down south dont know where/what Ottawa is - that failure is on them... And should not be worn like a badge of honor...

And there is lots of money in the area, Canada is rich, and Ottawa with its $1m+ population is no exception. Just need to get them closer to downtown is all.

Ottawa is a bit like Dallas, not the high light of nightlife(Montreal is 1.5h from Ottawa) but its a great solid place to raise a family and minus the ownership doesn’t deserve to get ragged on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille