Recalled/Assigned: Brady Skjei!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
So they take the C away from mcdonagh? Or we trade him? I don't c a way that mcdonagh isn't our captain until he's 35-7

Anyone know if skjei still uses that white CCM stick? Or was that just for the draft pictures? More white sticks = more wins

skjei will be captain in 2028.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
So I've been seeing you guys mention this kid for months and months, what's the feeling about what he's going to be? Elite PMD? Minute eating two-way? The whole package?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
So I've been seeing you guys mention this kid for months and months, what's the feeling about what he's going to be? Elite PMD? Minute eating two-way? The whole package?

Very solid puck moving #3, possible top pair. A new age NHL defensive defenseman. Think Jeff Petry or Andrej Sekera.

It's not exciting or anything but he's

1) One of only two sure fire NHL'ers in our pool

2) Something we really really need.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

2 way, excellent skater, can throw the body around a bit. Potential is there to be a top pair defenseman.

Similar style to McD.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
“@NYP_Brooksie: Rangers will have Brady Skjei in v Edm...McDonagh moves to right w/Staal...Yandle/Skjei on left, McIlrath/Boyle on right. At start, at leastâ€
Not loving breaking up Yandle and Mclrath. But I guess that having Skjei covering up for Boyle may not be optimal.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Does he McDonagh this call up and never look back? Can he force management's hand?

Doubtful, but I'm hopeful. Think there's a safe bet regardless of how he plays, he goes back to HFD to finish the year/until another injury... and that's not a bad thing, and doesn't mean he is a bust, before HFNYR freaks out otherwise :laugh:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Does he McDonagh this call up and never look back? Can he force management's hand?

Doubtful, but I'm hopeful. Think there's a safe bet regardless of how he plays, he goes back to HFD to finish the year/until another injury... and that's not a bad thing, and doesn't mean he is a bust, before HFNYR freaks out otherwise :laugh:

The verb you're looking for is "Rozsival'd" :nod:

I'm tempering my expectations for him tonight because I'm expecting him to be a little timid and not try to do much (which necessarily isn't a bad thing). I am pretty excited to see how a slightly altered defense looks though

Don Jaroodi*

Why not just put Girardi in press box until (maybe) playoffs. His body could use a long rest to recover. Or just never play him again... one of those.

Or just keep him in press box until he waives his NMC.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Very solid puck moving #3, possible top pair. A new age NHL defensive defenseman. Think Jeff Petry or Andrej Sekera.

It's not exciting or anything but he's

1) One of only two sure fire NHL'ers in our pool

2) Something we really really need.

Think he's more scandella than those 2. Neither Petry or Sekera are what I'd consider defense first guys.

Hope he plays well enough to make management start to think about finding a new destination for Staal.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Very good skater, very good athlete - allows him to be a very mobile defenseman. Not sure he's going to be a big point getter, but he has the ability to chip in some points.

As he gets stronger and more experienced, his skating/size combination has a chance to make him a very important component of a defense.

To this point, he's traditionally projected as a second pair defenseman. With that said, he's exactly the type of player who could be a better pro than amateur.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Very good skater, very good athlete - allows him to be a very mobile defenseman. Not sure he's going to be a big point getter, but he has the ability to chip in some points.

As he gets stronger and more experienced, his skating/size combination has a chance to make him a very important component of a defense.

To this point, he's traditionally projected as a second pair defenseman. With that said, he's exactly the type of player who could be a better pro than amateur.

Yeah he can really skate, and he's smart. In the USNDP he was Seth Jones' safety net, covering for him and moving the puck out swiftly.

He has been solid in HFD, last year he came in late was nervous initially, and then catapulted into a top 4 role getting heavy minutes but they pared that back in the playoffs.

I think it's a good thing they're giving him a look, he has all the physical tools to be a Nathan Bealieau.

To me he's a lankier version of Bret Hedican when it's all said and done, and that's a guy you can win with.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Today is the day when a Rangers first round pick makes his debut :D
That won't happen in a long time so let's enjoy.

LOL for another 6 years perhaps barring trade.... no 2016 pick. Maybe one in 2017.. unlikely to step in right away.

Who know what the future holds, but the last time it happened it was with McIlrath in late 2013 I believe.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Watched him a lot in College. Very good puck moving skills, decent or better than decent defensively. Good size/strength. Considered to have much better tools than his Gophers team mate, Nate Schmidt, who is doing well with the Caps.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah he can really skate, and he's smart. In the USNDP he was Seth Jones' safety net, covering for him and moving the puck out swiftly.

He has been solid in HFD, last year he came in late was nervous initially, and then catapulted into a top 4 role getting heavy minutes but they pared that back in the playoffs.

I think it's a good thing they're giving him a look, he has all the physical tools to be a Nathan Bealieau.

To me he's a lankier version of Bret Hedican when it's all said and done, and that's a guy you can win with.

The Hedican comparison dates back to 2012 and I've always felt it was pretty accurate - though I think Skjei has a chance to be even bigger and stronger. I think he fills out to about 6'3, 220.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
The Hedican comparison dates back to 2012 and I've always felt it was pretty accurate - though I think Skjei has a chance to be even bigger and stronger. I think he fills out to about 6'3, 220.

Yeah I've been saying it for a while too. For the youngins on here, a more modern day comparison is Johnny Oduya with a Lucic like hunched skating stance with the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad