Recalled/Assigned: Brady Skjei!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Seriously, no comparison. Girardi has been in the league for 10 years... it was Skjei's first game for crying out loud

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Oh I absolutely agree. I still dont like icing 11F and 7D.
Yeah it's definitely...bizarre...

I think people would do it at this point just to solve part of the D logjam and to get Tanner out of the lineup :laugh:

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Seriously, no comparison. Girardi has been in the league for 10 years... it was Skjei's first game for crying out loud

It doesn't matter. All players should be judged the same!

Well, unless they are really gritty guys that I like, as opposed to those finesse cream puffs I dislike. Then different standards are ok.

ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It doesn't matter. All players should be judged the same!

That's wrong. If you take up $600k in cap space, you allow the team to sign a superior player who has greater responsibility. If you take up $5.5m in cap space, YOU are supposed to be a superior player with greater responsibility because the team cannot afford to sign anyone else. If Staal and Girardi got paid what McIlrath is getting, we'd have $10 in extra cap space right now, allowing the Rangers to acquire/sign someone like Byfuglien and still have more space to improve elsewhere. By taking up all this cap space, these two take on responsibility that a $600k rookie does not carry.

Let me put it this way: if the Rangers were offered to trade Girardi AND Staal for one defenseman of similar ability, age and salary to McIlrath, nearly all of us would make the trade. Yeah, cap's that important!

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Liked Skeij last night. The giveway that resulted in Eberle's goal wasn't because of a poor decision; it was just one of those things that happens when the puck isn't sitting down.

He skated so well and was able to get back a few times when it looked like he may be beat! No holding or desperate penalty takes, either. The dude kept up and was able to tie up opponent's sticks w/o putting himself in the box.

Also liked his attitude at the Post-Game. I had no idea Skeij would look this good!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What I love most about Skjei, is the fact that it's yet another name people struggle with to spell correctly ;)

After McDonaugh, Krieder, Stall, Stefan, Kline and Stahlberg we have another one :D

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
When Klien comes back, Boyle needs to be the one that is sat. I have a hard time seeing AV send Girardi to the bench for more than an occasional rest game.

and the needless hate for boyle continues....

"Oh god boyle sucks on D"
*plays better than than half the core*

"Oh god boyle can't score, thats what we signed him for"
*was the only one scoring on D besides McD*

The guy just can't win huh?

The only people that "Deserve" to sit is girardi or staal.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

This.

x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

ThatsNashty61*

I have to agree. A month ago I was done with Boyle but he has played much better. And although there are plays he can't make anymore due to age he's still effective most nights. The key is to give him rest so he can survive the year and help in the POs. Staal on the other hand; ugh

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Thats fine.

Basically totally absolving him for a brutal turnover is not.

Not really fair to classify a flubbed pass as a "brutal" turnover. That would apply to Staal and Girardi as well.

Problem is, most of their turnovers are not of that variety. Plus I don't think it would be unreasonable to cut a kid playing in his first NHL game some slack if he did make a really bad turnover.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yes, it was a bad turnover. Aside from acknowledging that, I don't know what else anyone can be expected to do. If you were to bench everyone who commits turnovers, no one would be playing hockey. JT Miller would be blacklisted from the game.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
People should take a step back.

Skjei played very well last night. That is a good thing. Hopefully tomorrow he's good as well. He should have a nice future in front of him.

But....so far it's just one game. So far in Hartford he's been okay---not always that great. For a 21 year old first year pro there's a lot to absorb and there's no really good reason to rush him into the NHL. So far 10 points in 27 AHL games and a -9. He's a good player but it's not like he's a dominating player at the AHL level. It's not like he's not struggling at all--he has things he should work on. It shouldn't be something monumentally disappointing when other D come back that Brady goes back to Hartford. He's getting a look and maybe he'll get other looks this year but when our D is healthy he should be in Hartford---this year.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yes, it was a bad turnover. Aside from acknowledging that, I don't know what else anyone can be expected to do. If you were to bench everyone who commits turnovers, no one would be playing hockey. JT Miller would be blacklisted from the game.

Actually, I think Hayes was more to blame on that goal (I think it was Hayes). He had dropped back to cover for McDonagh, but once Skjei had the puck, he took off and left the middle of the ice open.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Actually, I think Hayes was more to blame on that goal (I think it was Hayes). He had dropped back to cover for McDonagh, but once Skjei had the puck, he took off and left the middle of the ice open.

Can't blame Hayes. He was anticipating Skeij would make a routine pass and was looking forward to getting down the ice (i.e. joining a rush in the making). Nineteen times out of twenty, a pass is made and the players roll down this ice. No way can you blame that one on Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad