Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'll take a talented "dumb" player who gets results over an untalented "smart" player that doesn't.

With Lambert, it's now all about whether he can translate his skills into on-ice impact. If so, he'll be able to contribute to an NHL team.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll take a talented "dumb" player who gets results over an untalented "smart" player that doesn't.

With Lambert, it's now all about whether he can translate his skills into on-ice impact. If so, he'll be able to contribute to an NHL team.
I'm not sure where this dumb label comes from for Lambert, and I don't watch a lot of Moose games, but I don't see anything that would suggest he can't think the game at least at an average NHL level.

Reactions: Sweech

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'm not sure where this dumb label comes from for Lambert, and I don't watch a lot of Moose games, but I don't see anything that would suggest he can't think the game at least at an average NHL level.

Yeah, seems like an old knock on a young player.

His interviews have shown him to be pretty thoughtful and articulate, IMO. Maybe you're not looking at him to lead your next tactics masterclass like you might a Cole Perfetti, but those players are a rarity and nothing I've seen or heard about Lambert suggest that he's in the running for the 2023-25 Roslo Award.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
What this kid really needs at this stage of life/career is an organization that lets he grow and that he feels supported. Expectations for him were sky high at a young age and not to mention being under the pedigree of his father and uncle. Not that they were bad, just they were serious hockey personalities and from what I understand and were known locally.

For him I don't think it is a matter of finding his mojo again, I think it more him growing and defining his own mojo. This is a great or to do that as the emphasis culturally is on the needs of the players. Would not be surprised if he has great numbers this year.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Of course, if that's the choice.

It was from me; and I agree with your observations.

My broader point though is if we are looking to cash in on a prospect for an A-level RHD, Lambert, would be my choice. I think he has higher value in trade than Lucius and Chibrikov, and the off ice intelligence angle (if true) might be cause for concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
He looks like he's going to have an amazing year in the A, probably going to finish in the NHL this year. He's just got all the tools.

With his dominate performance last year, he looks like the furthest thing from a bust at this point.
I just haven't seen anything in is game outside of straight line speed that makes me a believer.

Plus I somehow have this weird feeling about him.

I don't mean to start a discussion or aiming towards convincing anynone. As mentioned: If Lambert turns out to be a great piece for us, I'm going to love being wrong about this.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I think if Perfetti is hurt and or Ehlers is, which both might be favoring something right now given their limited ice time, Lambo would be the best call up to replace one of them.
Toninato is the better choice then a few others. Lambo is still a couple of years away at least.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Toninato is the better choice then a few others. Lambo is still a couple of years away at least.
Haha, obviously Lambo is better than Toninato, it's just that Toni can be plugged into the bottom line, Lambo doesn't benefit from that. Lambert is probably getting called up if he keeps up the play though, depending on injuries. He could play in the NHL right now.

Reactions: GNP

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
I just haven't seen anything in is game outside of straight line speed that makes me a believer.

Plus I somehow have this weird feeling about him.

I don't mean to start a discussion or aiming towards convincing anynone. As mentioned: If Lambert turns out to be a great piece for us, I'm going to love being wrong about this.
Playmaking, vision, controlling the puck, shot. He's such a weapon, as he's proving. Skating is obviously a huge asset with him. An absolute steal at 30th.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad