Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I find it a little odd the comments about Lambert needing better players to play with.

Guenther is a great prospect. Ostapchuk is quality too. It is not like he is playing with undrafted scrubs.
I think he plays with good players, including Guenther.

But it's a different level and style in the NHL. In the CHL, players (including Guenther) tend to hold onto the puck more, and quick puck movement with give-and-go tactics is less common. Also, I often see Lambert looking for quick transition passes from his D, but they aren't as capable of finding him on time to create that speedy transition.

So it's maybe more stylistic. I think Lambert will really flourish with players that know how to play off his speed and give and go, and NHL D will be better at finding Lambert with passes in transition.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
I find it a little odd the comments about Lambert needing better players to play with.

Guenther is a great prospect. Ostapchuk is quality too. It is not like he is playing with undrafted scrubs.

Just a point of correction, Ostapchuk isn’t on the team. But you are right, he is surrounded by talent, and we’ve seen in the memcup the depth is great.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Brad really needs to get those no look back spin passes out of his game. It's almost burnt his team a couple of times and it won't work at the pro level.

Reactions: hn777 and rkp

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
lambert didnt have the best last few games.....have to wonder if he is just a peripheral player not unlike connor at best, not expecting much from him at the pro level, work in progress type of player

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
lambert didnt have the best last few games.....have to wonder if he is just a peripheral player not unlike connor at best, not expecting much from him at the pro level, work in progress type of player
He needs to play direct and fast hockey. Even today he showed flashes of it, in the first he took it through to dmen and got a great chance. He showed more of that type of game in the WHL playoffs. I found he was trying to be way to fancy tonight though and that isn't his game.

Reactions: TommyKillian

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
He needs to play direct and fast hockey. Even today he showed flashes of it, in the first he took it through to dmen and got a great chance. He showed more of that type of game in the WHL playoffs. I found he was trying to be way to fancy tonight though and that isn't his game.
if anything he has shown thru the cup that is his game

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I doubt he even plays much C as a pro. His game and skills are likely better utilized on the wing.

We're going to need centres in the top 6. I hope they develop him as a C. If he then fails to make it at that position in the NHL he can transition to wing.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Would love another peripheral winger like Connor who was our best winger for most of the season. Would also love for him to be better, but, if his base is another Connor at his draft position it’s a great pick.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It didn't go how I hoped, But we loved having Lambert here for a few months. Brought us a Championship, and nothing can take the moment for us in that barn. I'm assuming Lambert will be in the AHL next year, I wish him all the best <3
I expect he will start in the AHL. Doesn't mean he won't be back. ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sounds like Lambert is more than a couple of seasons away from having a chance to crack the roster.

I think the jury is out. He could end up back in Jr, the AHL or, a long shot, the NHL next season. If he plays in the AHL next year and has a good season, he should be in the NHL the year after. Pretty hard to predict at this point.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Brad Lambert off to a strong start in the AHL this season. He was dynamic today, controlling play with speed and puck control.

Tied the game in the 3rd with the goal below, and set up the OT winner.

Man if he hits and ends up as our 2C or 1RW, Chevy's Copp trade will go down in history... Lambert, Salomondsson, Barron and Milic (even if Milic ends up as the starter for the Moose)

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Man if he hits and ends up as our 2C or 1RW, Chevy's Copp trade will go down in history... Lambert, Salomondsson, Barron and Milic (even if Milic ends up as the starter for the Moose)
These are exactly the type of deals we need to make to keep this team competitive in a smaller market. Unfortunately, we have to sell some players when they’re at their highs in order to keep the pipeline stacked with young players. It’s just the reality.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Brad Lambert off to a strong start in the AHL this season. He was dynamic today, controlling play with speed and puck control.

Tied the game in the 3rd with the goal below, and set up the OT winner.

Lambert right now seems like the type of kid with huge boom/ bust vibes. Question: If we had an opportunity to improve the roster (getting rid of Schmidt for instance and upgrading our RD), would you include Lambert in that deal?

Part of me yells HELL YEAH because it was a bonus pick we used to get him and he could easily be a guy who can't figure it out in the NHL, but part of me is very apprehensive as he could be a big oof to move if he realizes his potential.

Reactions: Buffdog and surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad