Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Any update on Lambert guys?

Loved him pre draft thought he got way too much undeserving hate . Love his hands, skating and creativity

Thanks!

Reactions: Ponds

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Any update on Lambert guys?

Loved him pre draft thought he got way too much undeserving hate . Love his hands, skating and creativity

Thanks!

He might be our best forward in the AHL right now and likely our 2nd best forward prospect after McGroarty from his play this year

Playing Center this as a pro and playing really well. He is likely as close to untouchable as McGroarty is right now.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He might be our best forward in the AHL right now and likely our 2nd best forward prospect after McGroarty from his play this year

Playing Center this as a pro and playing really well. He is likely as close to untouchable as McGroarty is right now.

Awesome thanks! I’m glad he’s continuing to progress well

Reactions: Ponds

Whileee

May 29, 2010

If Lambert turns into a good C at the NHL level, huge props to the Jets scouting and development teams. He's made big strides in his development over the past couple of seasons.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Let him marinate with the Moose until the 2025/26 season where he hopefully kicks the door in right from training camp!

He’s having a good rookie season but let’s see how much more dominant he can become at that level before we try and force him into the NHL.

Reactions: hn777

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sucks but I don’t think two full season in the AHL would be bad for him. Some stability finally and then maybe the season after he come in guns blazzing

Rutger has the type game to play down the lineup of a Bowness team so if he signs I think he'd get the shot first, and most of their F's are signed next year. He doesn't trust Perfetti or Ehlers, he's not going to trust Lambert with those minutes.

Maybe once Arniel takes over, gives Lambert another year at C before he gets thrown immediately on the wing in the NHL :sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Let him marinate with the Moose until the 2025/26 season where he hopefully kicks the door in right from training camp!

He’s having a good rookie season but let’s see how much more dominant he can become at that level before we try and force him into the NHL.

Neither force him nor let him stew.
If he can make the team out of TC, great. If not, great for the Moose.

Either way, it is way too early to be making that decision now.

We really have little idea of what vacancies there might be next year. We currently have 15 F, 2 pending RFAs & 2 pending UFAs. There may be some off-season movement. Will Kupari be back? Why?

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

Reactions: hn777

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
If we don't sign monahan lambert is our 2c game 1 next season...
Then I hope we sign Monahan.

Not as a knock against Lambert, rather he looked quite young last night and the game felt much more like an AHL game than an NHL game. True, lots of NHL players dressed, but the game feel wasn't quite there.

Lambert certainly didn't do much of anything wrong, aside from one shift where he (and his linemates) were a bit of a mess. I just think he would be well served by getting more games in the AHL for another season and being called up. He needs to bulk up a bit, he looked like someone's son playing with the dads last night, based on build alone, not skill.

Would definitely like to see him get some games next year for sure. And maybe he knocks down the door.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
If we don't sign monahan lambert is our 2c game 1 next season...

What’s interesting is in a perfect world I think signing Monahan to a one or two year deal would be ideal for the Jets with Lambert taking final developmental steps, perhaps Lambert playing center on a 3rd or 4th line type of minutes for the Jets in the second year. The problem I think is Monahan wants something in the vicinity of 5 years (at a bit over 5M from what I read). Not sure that’s what you want to do if your the Jets - doesn’t really line up time wise with Lambert’s trajectory - unless you are ok with Monahan in the 2nd or 3rd year-onward of the contract being paid upwards of 5M as your 3C (maybe it’s possible cap wise with Lambert on an ELC, I don’t know - it could be a very deep group of centers though with Lowry as a 4th C in that context. Other option is to trade Monahan in year 3 if really need to, I suspect if he’s playing well on that contract there would be some takers). Interesting puzzle to solve for Chevy, to say the least.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Then I hope we sign Monahan.

Not as a knock against Lambert, rather he looked quite young last night and the game felt much more like an AHL game than an NHL game. True, lots of NHL players dressed, but the game feel wasn't quite there.

Lambert certainly didn't do much of anything wrong, aside from one shift where he (and his linemates) were a bit of a mess. I just think he would be well served by getting more games in the AHL for another season and being called up. He needs to bulk up a bit, he looked like someone's son playing with the dads last night, based on build alone, not skill.

Would definitely like to see him get some games next year for sure. And maybe he knocks down the door.

For the next season or two, I agree Monahan is the better option, no argument there. And Jets are clearly in win-now mode. I expect them to try and keep Monahan, and they should - he has played very well for us, he’s a great fit, and we have a hole at 2C without him (I don’t expect us to make much of a run, if any, at keeping Toffoli due to cap-related issues and candidly I think Perfetti will be ready to go as a top-6 fwd next season consistently). My concern is Monahan wants 5y term, and that doesn’t really line up with Lambert’s likely trajectory… unless Lambert is cheap enough in years 3-to-5 of Monahan’s contract, in which case you have both… and you’re really rolling at that point with center depth.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Lambert live was impressive, that boy moves. He created a lot of chaos, mostly in the offensive zone and had some poor shifts (ill chalk it up to that being his first game in the show with new teammates). Hopefully Lambert fills out during this summer. The future is exciting.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad