Boston College Eagles Fan Thread

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
BC outshot NU by 2-1 and only wins by 2-1 margin. Fun game to be at since we won but very fustrating I'm sure for NU and their fans. There was one women behind me who kept yelling "Go Huskies!" behind me and it was kind of irritating. Mr. and Mrs. Cross were quite thrilled that Tommy put in the GW goal with 2.8 seconds left. The BC crowd exploded!

Yeah, we're pretty much used to it by now. 20 goals for, 28 against and they're 1-6-2. Kreider-Arnold-Hayes line is just unfair.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC vs. BU

Well today is the day! BC vs. BU rivalry starts today at Conte. This will be a war and they play again in a few weeks. With Wey and probably Alber out, BC will be scrambling on defense to piece together 5-6 D on the blue line.

BU is struggling right now but that doesn't matter. Throw the records out and expect a rock em sock em game today.

York will throw 4 lines at BU and BU I'm sure will try to slow them down with a hard checking, physical game. BU is trying to salvage the weekend after losing in OT Friday to Merrimack.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Really ugly game for BC today. They lose to their arch rivals 5-0 on home ice. BU got some PP goals and a SH goal to boot. Next they play Notre Dame in South Bend. BC falls to 9-3 recordwise.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
BC outshot NU by 2-1 and only wins by 2-1 margin. Fun game to be at since we won but very fustrating I'm sure for NU and their fans. There was one women behind me who kept yelling "Go Huskies!" behind me and it was kind of irritating. Mr. and Mrs. Cross were quite thrilled that Tommy put in the GW goal with 2.8 seconds left. The BC crowd exploded!

See everyone Sunday and hopefully a 4-point weekend. MC still undefeated as the came from behind to beat BU in OT. I'm sure BU will want to salvage this weekend with a win but BC should be ready for them with a rock em sock em game at Conte with a day rest in between games.

I watched the game earlier today and BU was certainly the better team in that one. I was disappointed in the Eagles lack of urgency, especially going into the 3rd period down four goals. BU gave BC six PP opportunities and they (BC) couldn't cash in on any of them. The passing was terrible by BC throughout the game. If they weren't missing the passes, then they just passed way too much. But you've gotta give BU credit, they simply outworked and outhustled BC for most of the game. This was definitely NOT the same BC team that soundly defeated North Dakota in their barn in the Icebreaker championship.

The team as a whole just wasn't playing well, but I suppose if there was one standout player, I'd have to give the nod to Gaudreau. He was showing some really slick stick-handling moves early in the game and did his best to create some scoring opportunities, but unfortunately they were far and few in between.

If there's anything good that could come out of this is that BC will get their chance to exact revenge on BU in about 3 weeks when the two teams meet again at Conte in a home-and-home tilt on Dec. 2 & 3.

Next up is Notre Dame on Friday night. The Irish are playing well right now, but if BC brings their "A" game and not what they brought against BU earlier today, they should be able to pull out the win. Should be a fun one to watch, especially since both teams will be Hockey East foes come 2013. I'm looking forward to it.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC vs. Notre Dame

BC goes on the road to South Bend and take on a good team. BC is coming off a brutal loss to BU and looking to get back on the winning track against ranked Notre Dame. Let's see if the offense can break out and the defense improve from last game.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC vs. Yale

BC stays in the funk with an OT loss to the Irish with 1 second left in OT. They also had a goal that was disallowed that should have counted as Arnold batted a puck down with his hand and passed it to Hayes for a goal. No replay was done for whatever reason and the goal disallowed.

Milner should have had the winning goal but he didn't catch it and left the puck for Anders Lee with a second left. Very bad way to lose a game. They should have had at least a point for all their efforts.

They play Yale next and hopefully get back on the winning track.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Yale gets creamed by SH

Wow, BC's next opponent Yale, got their butts handed to them by Sacred Heart 7-6.

Last edited:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC 3 Yale 2

Yikes, they escape with a 3-2 win. They score goals at the end of the 2nd and 3rd periods to eke out their win. Next the rematch with BU will be coming up, home and home series.

Looking for more offense from them but they seem to be in a scoring funk of late. BU shut them out last time and the BC defense was taken to task. Dumoulin has to play a lot better than last time else it'll be another loss. Wey won't be back soon but maybe ready for the GLI.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC splits with BU over the weekend and win tonight at home, 4-1. Almeida had 2 goals, Arnold, and Carey a SH goal. Friday's game ends the first half and if they win, they will be 13-5-0 and will play Michigan in the GLI.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Lowell Nips BC 3-2

Lowell nips BC at the Tsongas to end the 1st half at 12-6-0. BC plays Michigan in the GLI at the end of the month and should get Wey back. Almeida is a nice surprise as he is one of the leading goal scorers on the team as Kreider and Arnold lead while Almeida is not far behind.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Great game by BC last night in thoroughly dominating NU in the Beanpot semi-final.

Some personal observations:

1) IMO, turnovers and mental mistakes really killed NU. BC did a great job of capitalizing on their chances, and frankly that's what really won it for them.

2) I was really impressed with the play of the "little guys" - Johnny Gaudreau, Barry Almeida and Steven Whitney. All of them did a great job of using their speed, hard work and puck skills to make things happen. IMO, they were the best players for BC in that game.

3) I didn't think Milner was all that impressive. He did a commendable job of making the stops that he needed to, but fortunately for him, he didn't have to spectacular. Of course, the championship game vs. BU might be a different story.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Question about Gaudreau: has he been getting less icetime for the past few games? Just curious as to why his production dropped, and the NCAA isn't exactly forthcoming with game stats.

BostonCollegeFan

Nov 1, 2008
Question about Gaudreau: has he been getting less icetime for the past few games? Just curious as to why his production dropped, and the NCAA isn't exactly forthcoming with game stats.

No, the NCAA division 1 is a tough league to score in. It would have been nearly impossible for anyone to keep up the pace he started the season with, plus he's a small freshman. He did have 2 goals and an assist last night though. He's a good one, he just had a bit of a slump I think. Hopefully last night will crack him out of it. Very skilled, fun player to watch.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Great game by BC last night in thoroughly dominating NU in the Beanpot semi-final.

Some personal observations:

1) IMO, turnovers and mental mistakes really killed NU. BC did a great job of capitalizing on their chances, and frankly that's what really won it for them.

2) I was really impressed with the play of the "little guys" - Johnny Gaudreau, Barry Almeida and Steven Whitney. All of them did a great job of using their speed, hard work and puck skills to make things happen. IMO, they were the best players for BC in that game.

3) I didn't think Milner was all that impressive. He did a commendable job of making the stops that he needed to, but fortunately for him, he didn't have to spectacular. Of course, the championship game vs. BU might be a different story.

Well also NU was missing 2 of their forwards in Quailer and Ferreiro. Rawlings was just awful and maybe Madigan should have pulled him early.

Some of the NU players may have been looking for Gaudreau as you know because he changed his mind about coming to NU after Cronin left as their coach. NU's loss is BC's gain.

Should be an interesting final as BU is now #1 in the polls. BC's chance for revenge after dropping 2 games to BU at Conte Forum. Winning the Beanpot would be sweet. Megan seems to be stepping it up for BU since Trivino and Coyle are gone.

The one surprise for BC in their recent offensive swoon is Almeida. He is now tied with Kreider in goals for BC. Both have 17 goals at present. Arnold has not scored a goal for quite a spell.

sedag

Once a season.
May 6, 2010
It appears as if Gaudreau's production has picked up again. Eye-opening sniper stuff against VT.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Gaudreau made the pass to Kreider on the 2nd BC goal, while Whitney's pass to Arnold on the winning goal in OT against BU on Monday. Very good game to watch and quite an exciting ending for BC fans or hockey fans in general.

BC has some games left and should be able to crack 20 wins this weekend and maybe a few more over before the season ends.

Let's see what awaits this weekend vs. Merrimack. Let's see if BC can crank up the offense again. BC tied in the last meeting and it felt like a loss. A chance to redeem themselves this weekend in a home and home series.

Last edited:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC has their own fate in their own hands. Sweep PC and Vermont and they finish first in HE standings.

OK BC sweeps PC and BU sweeps Vermont

Down to last weekend, BC needs at least 3 points to clinch if BU sweeps NU.

Last edited:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC took fate in their hands and just kept winning to clinch first place and the #1 seed in HE playoffs.

Next week, they play a team that beat them twice during the season and on the road. UMass on the other hand is a terrible road team and has to play BC at home.

A season ends on a positive note and now a new season begins with the post season here. Let's see if BC can continue to make a run.

Milner has looked good albeit against weak competition lately. If he can continue to play well, BC can keep extending the season.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
BC took fate in their hands and just kept winning to clinch first place and the #1 seed in HE playoffs.

Next week, they play a team that beat them twice during the season and on the road. UMass on the other hand is a terrible road team and has to play BC at home.

A season ends on a positive note and now a new season begins with the post season here. Let's see if BC can continue to make a run.

Milner has looked good albeit against weak competition lately. If he can continue to play well, BC can keep extending the season.

Well UMass did beat Maine up in Orono a few weeks back. But you're right, they aren't a great road team. They played Merrimack tough over the weekend though and I think they'll bring that boost of confidence to BC. However, I just don't see them getting by BC, especially with the way the Eagles are playing now. The team is clicking on all cylinders and even guys like Quinn Smith and Destry Straight are starting to contribute offensively.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Not a great performance by BC but they won 2-1. UMass had a goal disallowed as it was ruled kicked in. BC got the lead on goals by Mullane and Cross and hung on.

Let's see if they can close the deal Saturday and knock off UMass from the TUC.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
UMass could have easily won the series 2-0 with luck but BC prevails again. Waiting for Sunday's games to see who BC plays in the semis at the TD Garden.

Dumoulin shot from the slot sealed the series for BC and needed rest on Sunday as Dumoulin is not 100% right now.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
UMass could have easily won the series 2-0 with luck but BC prevails again. Waiting for Sunday's games to see who BC plays in the semis at the TD Garden.

Dumoulin shot from the slot sealed the series for BC and needed rest on Sunday as Dumoulin is not 100% right now.

Got two words for you, my friend....Parker Milner.

Think BC has finally found their man in goal? I do :nod:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC will play PC Friday in the semi final game while 4 other teams are battling for the other 2 spots. BU is battling UNH in OT and MC is playing Maine with Maine up 1-0 after 1st period.

Now official, BU beats UNH in OT and Maine gets by Merrimack. Now we have all the teams in the semis on Friday.

BC vs. PC 5:00 PM

BU vs. Maine 8:00 PM ???

Last edited:

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Gotta give a big congrats to the Eagles. Three in a row in Hockey East championships and will have to the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament. Quite an accomplishment. :handclap:

...not to mention the hottest team in the country right now with 15 straight wins so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad