Boston College Eagles Fan Thread

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I know I'm a little late on this one....

A big congrats goes out to Jerry York on becoming the all time winningest coach in D-I men's ice hockey history after posting his 925th career win on Saturday night. While it may not have come against a powerhouse team (Alabama-Huntsville), it was still significant nonetheless. And it couldn't have happened to a classier coach.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Can someone give me the cole's notes on Michael Matheson? I'm trying to get an idea of which Canadians in the NCAA could compete for a spot on the WJC team next year.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Can someone give me the cole's notes on Michael Matheson? I'm trying to get an idea of which Canadians in the NCAA could compete for a spot on the WJC team next year.

Very good skating offensive-minded defenseman. Has great offensive instincts, but needs to work on his decisions with the puck, especially in the defensive zone. He'll learn as he matures.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC Sweeps UVM 2-0

Well BC finished well enough to match up against UVM team at Conte. They just swept them winning 4-2 and 4-1. Now they will be in the semis at the Garden next week.

They're not as strong as last year when they went on a 19 game streak ending in their 5th NCAA. But they'll make the dance with enough experience and talent to make the NCAAs again. They're healthier now on D with Patch Alber back with Wey, MacLeod, Doherty, and freshman Matheson who is very good but still makes some mistakes being a rookie.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
East Regional

BC plays Union in the semis Saturday while Canisius plays top seed QC.

Somehow BC manage to get into this regional after losing to BU in the HE Semis last Friday, and then Lowell nipped BU 1-0 to win their first HE Tournament and at the same time eliminate BU from the national tournament ending Jack Parker's coaching career at BU.

By no means a give me round for BC with their problems of late. They're not as strong as last year when they reeled off 19 straight to the NCAA title.

Parker Milner is struggling this year and the D is young with freshmens Matheson, Doherty, Sullivan and Jeke. York may roll 5 D with Alber, Wey, MacLeod, Doherty, and Matheson.

Hayes is out for the post season but BC still have potent forwards in Gaudreau, Whitney, Arnold, and Mullane and players with valuable experience from last year's NCAA championship team.

This bracket has 2 ECAC teams, Atlantic and HE teams going at it.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
New Season 2013-2014

Can't wait for October when they hit the ice. Promising young talent coming in but a lot to ask for freshmen class. Some studs on defense and good goaltender coming in.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Exhibition Game at Conte on Sunday at 1 PM

First look at the freshmen on Sunday in an exhibition game at 1 PM at Conte Forum

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Exhibition: BC 8 St Francis 2

After being down 2-0 today, I was just impressed with the depth up front and on the blue line.

Demko looked good in net in the 2nd period, Billet played 1st, then Barone

Size is an improvement and speed too

All I can say is wow and hope they can beat the Wolverines this week.

I was trying to learn the numbers of players that are new.

3 McCoshen
6 Santini
11 Calnan
14 Gilmour
19 Fitzgerald
21 Matt Gaudreau
22 Richardson
26 Cangelosi
28 Savage
26 Cangelosi
30 Demko
:handclap:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC 9 Wisconsin 2

Wow, I didn't expect this. Next test in Minnesota next weekend.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Anyone know how Steven Santini has looked?

He is very good and sound. Also he has protected JG when someone tries to cheapshot their star forward or when opposing teams try to take JG away from his game by targeting JG.

BC has breathing space between itself and PC with a win on Friday. BU and Maine are next at Conte Forum.

BC's top line is a wrecking ball so far.

Brown brought their "A" game on Saturday and fought to s 3-3 tie.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
19-4-3 heading into the Beanpot

BC lost Kevin Hayes last night in their 2-0 win over PC with a hip pointer. They are 19-4-3 heading into their Beanpot match on Monday against their Comm Ave Rivals, BU.

Demko recorded the shutout with goals by Silk and Gaudreau

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Not sure when McCoshen will return but BC is rolling right now. Demko appears to be York's choice in net and BC will play Merrimack on Friday before playing NU in the Beanpot Final on Monday.

JG still on his scoring streak and NU will try to shutdown his line of Gaudreau, Hayes, and Arnold.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC continues their hot streak with a sweep of UVM over the weekend 4-3 and 5-3. Next weekend, home and home series with UML.

McCoshen returned but Matheson out with an injury.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
They slipped up in the Hockey East Tournament but BC managed to get it together in the Northeast Regional by beating Denver soundly and squeaking by Lowell to make the dance in Philly.

Interesting matchups with BC vs Union while UND plays Minnesota. You have three #1 seeds in it.

BC has a rematch after Union whooped them in Providence last year soundly. Hopefully, BC will not take dumb penalties and have no major breakdowns on defense and not allow any softies in goal.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Big game tonight.

Thank goodness we are not facing ND.

As such I am feeling pretty good about our chances..

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
How yall feeling about this game? Late to the party here obviously but i'm curious because I play SFTC and this game is on the board and its a straight up pickem. BC is a SLIGHT favorite. I pay some attention to ECAC as I love Cornell athletics. Good league but the overall competition isn't near as good. I feel BC should have the better athletes here. Doesn't necessary matter but it should help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad