Boston College Eagles Fan Thread

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Bc 5 Nu 4

BC wins 5-4 but almost gives game away after holding a 5-2 lead.

BC plays Merrimack College for the HE Championship.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC 5 Merrimack 3

BC takes the Hockey East Tournament 2011 by the score of 5-3 over Merrimack. BC likely sent to the St. Louis Regional.

krazyhawk

Jan 9, 2006
Montreal/Nova Scotia
BC takes the Hockey East Tournament 2011 by the score of 5-3 over Merrimack. BC likely sent to the St. Louis Regional.

How have the Hayes brothers been doing lately.I see they have some points,but what has their play been like and have you seen improvement in them over the course of the season.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
How have the Hayes brothers been doing lately.I see they have some points,but what has their play been like and have you seen improvement in them over the course of the season.

Jimmy Hayes has 20 goals while Kevin has taken Kreider's spot on the 2nd line and playing well. BC's 2nd line could be anyone else's 1st line.

Jimmy has been consistent while Kevin is just coming along of late. BC can roll 4 lines and Kreider will be back for the regionals.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Western Regional

BC as expected sent to the Western Regional for the NCAA Tournament

BC plays Colorado College

Michigan plays University of Nebraska at Omaha

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
BC as expected sent to the Western Regional for the NCAA Tournament

BC plays Colorado College

Michigan plays University of Nebraska at Omaha
And if all works out it will be UND vs. BC in the semis of the Frozen Four. Dangit if that happens it's gotta be the Siouxs turn this time around.

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
ColoradoCollege.gif

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
And if all works out it will be UND vs. BC in the semis of the Frozen Four. Dangit if that happens it's gotta be the Siouxs turn this time around.

If they both make it, it will be a great game.

Both can skate 4 lines, great depth on D.

BC's senior class have achieved a lot and looking to go out with another trophy.

But both teams like you said must win their regional first.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
New Season

Good start to a new season for BC with wins over Michigan State and North Dakota. Wasn't sure of their offense this year with the lost of Atkinson and Jimmy Hayes. Looks like people are stepping up and the freshmen are contributing so far. Denver will be next tomorrow at Conte Forum.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
At 3-1 not a bad start. Tonight they play UMass and NU on Saturday. Looking for 4 points this weekend.

Medium Rare*

anywhere to listen to the games online? I'm in Western Canada and I would like to kind of keep tabs on Gaudreau and Arnold this season, their starts to teh season really have made me happy thus far.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
anywhere to listen to the games online? I'm in Western Canada and I would like to kind of keep tabs on Gaudreau and Arnold this season, their starts to teh season really have made me happy thus far.

You might be able to listen on 98.5 FM Boston Station.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC 4 UMass 2

Nice game by BC, as Arnold had 2 and Kreider another in a 4-2 Win at Conte. BC goes on the road Saturday to NU. Game is sold out. BC is now 4-1 record wise.

Medium Rare*

You might be able to listen on 98.5 FM Boston Station.

Nice game by BC, as Arnold had 2 and Kreider another in a 4-2 Win at Conte. BC goes on the road Saturday to NU. Game is sold out. BC is now 4-1 record wise.
Nice to see Arnold scoring another pair.

Also noticed Gaudreau scored his 3rd :handclap:

Have you been watching the games? If so, how has Arnold looked in comparison to someone like Kreider who is a fairly highly rated prospect?

Is Gaudreau really looking as good as his stats?

BCeagle

May 22, 2008

Nice to see Arnold scoring another pair.

Also noticed Gaudreau scored his 3rd :handclap:

Have you been watching the games? If so, how has Arnold looked in comparison to someone like Kreider who is a fairly highly rated prospect?

Is Gaudreau really looking as good as his stats?

Arnold is consistent but Kreider needs to have a scoring touch which he doesn't seem to have. He took 3 penalties against NU tonight and could have hurt the team. Arnold got the winning goal in OT tonight as the puck deflected off his stick.

Gaudreau is looking good and a big lost for NU since he decommitted from NU.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Bad news for Eagles, Patrick Wey out for up to 8 weeks with foot injury. BC plays UMass Lowell next weekend in home and home series.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC Sweeps UMass Lowell

BC had a nice 4-point weekend, now Kreider and Arnold are tied with 6 goals each, Gaudreau not far behind with 5 goals. Next weekend is another HE weekend games against Maine and UMass. They will play Maine at home on Friday and travel to UMass on Saturday. These are winnable games and could further BC in the standings in HE standings.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
BC had a nice 4-point weekend, now Kreider and Arnold are tied with 6 goals each, Gaudreau not far behind with 5 goals. Next weekend is another HE weekend games against Maine and UMass. They will play Maine at home on Friday and travel to UMass on Saturday. These are winnable games and could further BC in the standings in HE standings.

Winnable yes, but I wouldn't put anything by Maine so quickly. I saw them play North Dakota a few weeks ago (just the Sat. game) and they were impressive. Not saying that BC won't win, but I think it could be a very tight game.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Winnable yes, but I wouldn't put anything by Maine so quickly. I saw them play North Dakota a few weeks ago (just the Sat. game) and they were impressive. Not saying that BC won't win, but I think it could be a very tight game.

Not putting anything by Maine, always an interesting and tough game. Right now BC is playing well without the services of Jimmy Hayes and Cam Atkinson, both left early for the pros. So far, players have stepped up in their place. Wey is out 2 months and we'll see what happens on D.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC 5 Maine 1

BC travels to Amherst, Mass. after beating Maine tonight. This team is clicking right now as Kreider and Arnold had goals for BC.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
UMass 4 BC 2

UMass played well Saturday and earned the W. Looks like Merrimack is still undefeated and may move ahead in the polls. MC is undefeated in Hockey East while BC suffers their first loss in HE.

Next weekend, BC hosts NU and BU, 2 more tough HE games. As of right now, the Sunday game is listed at 4:00 PM. That may change to 7:00 PM.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC vs. NU and BU

I like the day off on Saturday, as it gives them time to recuperate for Sunday's game. Playing back to back games in 2 nights can be tiring but we'll see how they do this coming weekend. Pretty even offense now, so far, with 8 by Kreider, 7 by Arnold, 6 by Whitney, 5 by Gaudreau and Almeida. I was hoping to see more goals from Carey and Mullane this year. Hayes is on a real productive line and has only 3 goals.

Well they have to watch for Justin Daniels their leading goal scorer and Manno who had 2 goals against BC. Hopefully, they'll play better defense this time as BC stole a game at Mathews this year.

BU is a puzzling team right now. You know they have talent but aren't clicking right now with a record of 3-3-1 overall and 2-2-1 in Hockey East play. Let's hope they don't put it together on Sunday and BC plays well enough to win. Nieto has been averaging about a goal a game so far. Trivino has 5, and Chiasson has 4. Last year. I believe BC swept BU in one of those rare moments. It's not too often, we sweep our arch rivals during a season. Hopefully BC will continue the streak against them.

See some of you guys up in Pikes Peak Club. The food is not that great but at least you can chug down a beer.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Bc 2 Nu 1

BC outshot NU by 2-1 and only wins by 2-1 margin. Fun game to be at since we won but very fustrating I'm sure for NU and their fans. There was one women behind me who kept yelling "Go Huskies!" behind me and it was kind of irritating. Mr. and Mrs. Cross were quite thrilled that Tommy put in the GW goal with 2.8 seconds left. The BC crowd exploded!

See everyone Sunday and hopefully a 4-point weekend. MC still undefeated as the came from behind to beat BU in OT. I'm sure BU will want to salvage this weekend with a win but BC should be ready for them with a rock em sock em game at Conte with a day rest in between games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad