Boston College Eagles Fan Thread

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
What will the D look like next year?

Cross and Shea are done. Possible that Dumoulin is gone too but not sure. Leaves, Alber, Begert, Wey and McLeod.

Who are the incoming freshmen that will start this year? Matheson, Piazza, Doherty and Jeke? Geez, that's a lot of people....

You can add Colin Sullivan to the mix too.

Wey, McLeod, Alber, Matheson, Doherty, Jeke.

Piazza is now coming next year and had concussion problems this year.

Begert and Dumoulin are gone. Begert saw the writing on the wall, as he only played 1 game all year and things didn't look any better with the new recruits coming in.

Recently Dumoulin got traded to the Penguins after he signed with his pro club.

Last edited:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC on Top

BC won ugly Friday in Lowell 1-0. BC was outshot 2 x 1 but managed to win anyway.

BC returns Sunday to Conte Forum and hopefully can generate more offense in a rematch with Lowell.

The defense is looking OK with 3 freshmen, Matheson, Sullivan, and Doherty.

With the losses on offense, BC may have to win low scoring games with goaltending and defense as they lack the depth on offense and may have to break up the 1st line to generate more offense on the other lines. Despite this, BC stands on top in the polls for now.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Who is Colin Sullivan paired with and how has he looked so far? Thanks

Today, he played with Isaac MacLeod, the junior defenseman from Western Canada. He made a mistake that led to a goal in the 1st game against Northeastern, but he and the other guys are coming along. BC had shutouts against NU last weekend and against Lowell on Friday, so the defense is coming along with room for improvements. The penalty kill was excellent but today BC had a ton of penalties and ended up giving up 2 PP goals.

This weekend BC won 1-0 Friday and today 6-3 against Lowell.

Next week, they go up to Maine and play UMass at home on Sunday.

Right now, each freshmen defensemen is paired with an upper classmen.

Last edited:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Weekend Sweep

BC gutted out 2 tough wins at Maine and at home against UMass.

Matheson's goal tied the game and later Patrick Brown got the GWG for BC to beat UMass this afternoon, 3-2.

Next weekend, BC plays the Irish who always plays BC tough at Conte and BU on Sunday at Harry Agganis Arena. 2 Very tough games ahead for BC and their #1 ranking at stake.

BostonCollegeFan

Nov 1, 2008
Anyone got a stream for tonights game?

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-hockey/sched/bc-m-hockey-sched.html

The above linked schedule page has a link where you can purchase almost any home game for BC. Usually the games that are actually televised on TV are not available to watch online if I recall correctly. Also, 98% of away games can be purchased from the home teams website. Usually its around $7-8 per game to watch. For me, its worth it because I'm a BC fan and I have a cord to stream from my computer to my TV. If you are just out to watch one or two of your NHL teams prospects it might not be worth paying for. The feed sometimes has problems, but I have successfully gotten my money back in the past when there hasn't been audio or something (which apparently happened last night).

If you want to watch multiple games, I paid around $15 per month this year and can watch all the games. Much cheaper than $8 per game

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Last night BC took the lead first and hung on for the win and iced it with an ENG by Johnny Gaudreau to make it 3-1.

Mullane scored a SH goal as JG had 2 goals.

We are getting closer to the record for York with each win.

BC will play their arch rivals in an afternoon game on Sunday.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
If anyone on here can please send me a livestream link for the Boston College vs Boston University it would be greatly appreciated!

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Bc 4 bu 2

Just got back from HAA.

The BC web site has a stream for about 9.95 per month.

BC stepped it up and nice way to end the weekend. BC stayed disciplined when some of the BU players tried to start **** during the game when it started slipping away from them. Hohman is a little CHIPPY and then another incident at the end of the game when another BU player tried to start something with Dyroff. I'm glad the other BC players came over to help him and skated away without continuing post game, on ice scuffle.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Just got back from HAA.

The BC web site has a stream for about 9.95 per month.

BC stepped it up and nice way to end the weekend. BC stayed disciplined when some of the BU players tried to start **** during the game when it started slipping away from them. Hohman is a little CHIPPY and then another incident at the end of the game when another BU player tried to start something with Dyroff. I'm glad the other BC players came over to help him and skated away without continuing post game, on ice scuffle.

I wouldn't say that BC was TOTALLY disciplined, they did make more than a few trips to the sin bin. But they were very good on the PK as they always are and IMO, that was one of the things that helped them get the win.

Two BC freshmen that really impressed me in the game were defensemen Mike Matheson (really love the way he plays!) and Teddy Doherty. IMO, the team as a whole did a great job of effectively shutting down BU's top guns and made Milner's job easier yesterday. But when Milner had to make the saves he did, even if he did allow two goals. But also gotta give props to O'Connor here. If it weren't for some big/key saves that he made, BC could've really put this one away earlier than they did.

Also, I like the way that other players like MacLeod and Straight have begun to step up their games and make some significant contributions compared to last season. And I think both will be big factors in BC's success as the season goes along.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
3 Games Away for York

Well if BC can manage to get wins off Merrimack and Dartmouth, it sets up the possible record tying game on Nov. 30th and a record breaking one on Dec. 1st if they win on Nov. 30th at BU.

Never thought it would be broken years ago but now we're on the edge of greatness. Good luck to Coach York but whenever it happens, they will more than likely, recognize the feat at the end of the game.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Step 1 was accomplished this weekend, they won, even though they struggled to beat Merrimack after spotting them a 3-0 lead.

Next, is Dartmouth. If they win, it sets up the game on Nov. 30th at BU as they possible game that would tie Mason's record if BC wins.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC 6 Dartmouth 3

Well, they beat a good ECAC team after Dartmouth tied the game at 3-3 in the 2nd.

They score 3 in the 3rd to ice the game. Mullane, Whitney, and Gaudreau continue to impress.

The next 2 games against BU will be very tough. Nothing unexpected in this tough rivalry no matter the records.

With the win this weekend, the BU game at HAA could be the game that ties the record that Mason holds. I don't expect a sweep but at least one win to tie the record for York. The players will be trying very hard to get it for him and I'm sure BU will do everything to try to sweep BC and not be the team that loses to be part of the record. Don't know what to expect from the BU fans if BC wins the next game and how they will react.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Well, they beat a good ECAC team after Dartmouth tied the game at 3-3 in the 2nd.

They score 3 in the 3rd to ice the game. Mullane, Whitney, and Gaudreau continue to impress.

The next 2 games against BU will be very tough. Nothing unexpected in this tough rivalry no matter the records.

With the win this weekend, the BU game at HAA could be the game that ties the record that Mason holds. I don't expect a sweep but at least one win to tie the record for York. The players will be trying very hard to get it for him and I'm sure BU will do everything to try to sweep BC and not be the team that loses to be part of the record. Don't know what to expect from the BU fans if BC wins the next game and how they will react.

A good win for BC over Dartmouth yesterday. As impressed as I've been with the Eagles' play thus far, what I'd really like to see is more contributions from players other than the aforementioned three. I'd hate to see the team being labelled as a "one line team", because BC is better than that. But unfortunately, those three players are carrying the team right now and IMO, that isn't going to bode well going up against BU and even UNH, who are playing exceedingly well right now.

Having said that, I do like BC's defense and Milner hasn't missed a beat since last season. If they can generate more balanced scoring, then IMO BC will be better - and that's scary considering how well they're playing right now.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
A good win for BC over Dartmouth yesterday. As impressed as I've been with the Eagles' play thus far, what I'd really like to see is more contributions from players other than the aforementioned three. I'd hate to see the team being labelled as a "one line team", because BC is better than that. But unfortunately, those three players are carrying the team right now and IMO, that isn't going to bode well going up against BU and even UNH, who are playing exceedingly well right now.

Having said that, I do like BC's defense and Milner hasn't missed a beat since last season. If they can generate more balanced scoring, then IMO BC will be better - and that's scary considering how well they're playing right now.

Hayes and Arnold not exactly slouches on the other line. Straight and Brown have 5 goals between them but there are signs of life on the other lines though not as productive as the 1st line.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Hayes and Arnold not exactly slouches on the other line. Straight and Brown have 5 goals between them but there are signs of life on the other lines though not as productive as the 1st line.

That's my point. They're aren't as productive. I never said they were slouches.

I know that Straight is injured right now, although not sure how long he's out. But hopefully he'll be back this weekend vs. BU. Straight was playing really well prior to his injury.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
That's my point. They're aren't as productive. I never said they were slouches.

I know that Straight is injured right now, although not sure how long he's out. But hopefully he'll be back this weekend vs. BU. Straight was playing really well prior to his injury.

He might be out until end of December with high ankle sprain.

Arnold and Hayes are not pure goal scorers per se but they are contributing. I agree it could be a problem if it is a one line team but still plenty of time left to improve and avoiding injuries is key as the depth is not there on this team.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
This will be a huge weekend for BC and not only because they're playing archival BU either. Jerry York could tie and potentially surpass Ron Mason as college hockey winningest coach this weekend.

BTW, College Hockey Inc. has a terrific story about this and you can read it HERE.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BU's 3rd goal was the killer and then an ENG to ice the game 4-2. BC's defense a bit sloppy but let's see if they can come back tomorrow at Conte to tie the record for York.

BU played well and got the 1st goal and then the 2nd to BC on its heels at 2-0. Mullane answered it with his 7th goal to make it 2-1 before the BU wrap around goal that made it 3-1. Milner got caught off guard and the BC defense gave too much skating room for that wrap around goal by #5 of BU.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC 5 BU 2, York Ties Mason

Nice turn around game to tie Mason's record.

BC played much better tonight for the win tonight. Since contributions from people other than JG and Mullane. Silk, Matheson, and Arnold scored some goals for BC tonight.

As usual very physical game and will be in Providence next Friday for the possible game that could break the record for most wins for a coach, surpassing Ron Mason.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
BC vs PC

BC has a chance to give Coach York the game that could break the record for the most wins by a NCAA Div. I coach in Mens Ice Hockey.

Game is almost sold out and I will be there.

Best of luck to York.:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad