Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 3/23/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
Let's hope for the best boys...

Shanahan ****ed us with Lups suspension, and today Rick Nash (NYR) gets nothing for his head hunting... Awesome job NHL...

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Leafs have to shutdown Seguin just like they did Stamkos other night, and fellow forum users please don't post that Kessel tossing the bear gif, call me superstitious but every time we've posted that gif on GDT, the Leafs have lost those games with Kessel disappearing.

GenericFan2*

Fully expecting to lose both games, if they get any points i'll be more than happy.

Gotta survive without Lupes, somehow.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
It's time this team grows some nuts and beats Boston, Kessel especially. These games always seem to remind us why we need to trade him.

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
The big bad Bruins always seem to beat the Leafs... wahhh :cry: It sucks even more that Lupul isn't playing, he really was a big boost offensively and even laying out some nice hits (minus the hit on Hedman lol) I will be happy with 1 point and extremely HAPPY if we grabbed the 2 pts. If we lose, it won't hurt that bad. Hopefully we win one game and grab 1 point from the other back to back game. That'd be perfect.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
That he got hurt?
Sounds more like taking a risk to aggravate or cause a potential injury.

Who gets hurt and starts throwing and bashing their stick around? Doesn't seem like a very intelligent move.

Either way, hope he's okay, mentally and physically. You have to imagine he's starting one of the Boston games.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
You make a good point....

Why is Kessel so scared of Boston,and if he continues this play,why dont we just sit him out against the Bruins? I imagine his play against Boston is why Leaf fans are so critical of his soft play. I would rate his play against his former team mates a P. Pathetic.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Why is Kessel so scared of Boston,and if he continues this play,why dont we just sit him out against the Bruins? I imagine his play against Boston is why Leaf fans are so critical of his soft play. I would rate his play against his former team mates a P. Pathetic.

I don't know why everyone keys in on him when we play Boston. He's equally as soft against every other team. Not to mention the other 20 or so teams that have trouble meeting Boston's physicality.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Read post#23 on this thread.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
He has very little room to actually play optimally. Boston is predicting a pass to Kessel and will have him marked.

We're talking about a team that has the strongest defence in the NHL. I think we need to start looking at mixing things up. This has very little to do with Kessel.

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
I don't have the usual sense of dread before a Boston game. Not sure if that's because I'm expecting the Leafs to win or if it's just that I am resigned to our fate. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad