Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 3/23/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's going to be another tough one. Boston and on CBC....Healy is going to be freaking insufferable.

While we could get lucky, it's a game against Boston. Even getting a point out of this will be something amazing.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
We'll lose - and as long as Seguin isn't all over the scoresheet, and I don't have to see another post by a certain Bruins poster coming in here and giving us a pat on the head for another tough loss, I'll deal with it.

Too bad we don't have Loops for Saturday because even with him, I don't see a win against the B's on Monday either.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Yeah... it's too bad that in the NHL (and most other leagues), stats matter and "ifs" don't. Career totals:

Kessel vs Boston - 20GP, 3G, 6A, 9P, -20 rating

Seguin vs Toronto - 14GP, 10G, 6A, 16P, +9 rating

Going to be a gong show. :laugh:

PS: I understand what you're saying, but stats are all that count in reality.

What percentage of team points does that account for in these games?

Are you forgetting that Seguin happens to play for a better team?

Penalty Kill Icing*

What percentage of team points does that account for in these games?

Are you forgetting that Seguin happens to play for a better team?

Better team or not, its tough to overlook that Seguin brings his A-game against the Leafs and quite the opposite for Kessel.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Seguin doesn't have to play against Chara aka the best D in the league.

Excuses, excuses. Kessel needs to sack up and get it done. Everyone knows that playing against Chara is difficult and that Boston is a suffocating defensive team, but once in awhile, you've just got to man up and get the job done. I don't even think the fans are expecting Kessel to dominate the Bruins (like Seguin dominates the Leafs), but expecting him to actually show up once in a while isn't unreasonable.

Asif16*

We gotta end this streak eventually. Right? RIGHT??? Anyways, i think we will finally end the streak and pull one out 3-2. Gonna be a tough one.

Also, anyone know the status for Leo Komarov?? Is he out longterm??

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What the hell is wrong with NHL.com..

We didn't score SHG goals and we didn't give up 2 PP goals.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Better team or not, its tough to overlook that Seguin brings his A-game against the Leafs and quite the opposite for Kessel.

Well first they have one of the best forecheck teams in the league, excellent defensive game from all four lines. Chara pairing, forget the pairing it's ****ing chara. Then their last line of defense is Rask who is playing lights out. However let's also forget how they still **** other teams as well with the same game and not just kessel :laugh:

My Employee who's an AVID bruins fan even admit it's not fair for kessel to be singled out :laugh:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Although JVR was EXCELLENT at the front of the net, he has disappeared a lot about his offensive skill. He seems have lost a bit of confidence in his offense

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Although JVR was EXCELLENT at the front of the net, he has disappeared a lot about his offensive skill. He seems have lost a bit of confidence in his offense

I don't like him on Bozak's line. Bozak either passes to Phil or does it himself.

Lupul is a better fit on that line, but I don't think Randy wants to take him away from Kadri just yet.

Ugh, I wish we could clone Kadri. Bozak has been decent but is not the puck distributor that Kadri is, and Grabovski is a complete black hole this year. Frattin and MacArthur's offense has evaporated on the line with Grabo.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I don't like him on Bozak's line. Bozak either passes to Phil or does it himself.

Lupul is a better fit on that line, but I don't think Randy wants to take him away from Kadri just yet.

Ugh, I wish we could clone Kadri. Bozak has been decent but is not the puck distributor that Kadri is, and Grabovski is a complete black hole this year. Frattin and MacArthur's offense has evaporated on the line with Grabo.

I agree. I think we'll see Lupul back with Kessel sooner than later because they have impeccable chemistry. They are prolly easing him in. I also think JVR is actually better suited in Kadri's line IMO. Would get a giroux style help for JVR.

Although Bozak has been playing well in the past few games, his skill is still damn lacking for that top line.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Well first they have one of the best forecheck teams in the league, excellent defensive game from all four lines. Chara pairing, forget the pairing it's ****ing chara. Then their last line of defense is Rask who is playing lights out. However let's also forget how they still **** other teams as well with the same game and not just kessel :laugh:

My Employee who's an AVID bruins fan even admit it's not fair for kessel to be singled out :laugh:

And my point still holds. Seguin arguably plays better against us than other teams. And people do score goals when Chara is on ice.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
With Fraser at the D :naughty:

Lucic won't fight if Komi isn't in the lineup; Chara won't go with anyone he thinks can tag him; Thornton is scared of Orr; so that leaves Fraser and McQuaid - again, and again, and again.

Just the like expected outcome - rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad