Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 3/23/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just got this from MLSE

Please be advised of a TTC Subway closure which may impact your commute to Air Canada Centre this Saturday, March 23rd when the Leafs take on the Boston Bruins. The subway will be closed between St. George and Union Stations so we encourage you to plan an alternate should you be travelling to Air Canada Centre using this subway. For more details on the closure please visit the TTC website here.

Also they will be celebraating Sundin's HOF induction in a pre-game ceremony.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Kessel was on fire tonight. It will carry over against Boston. Leafs win! :handclap:

Nice dream... chicken shiit Kessel will be hiding during this game again!

He plays scared against Boston every single game! :p:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I have zero hope against Boston. Big brother syndrome.
I expect us to jump on another 3 game slide, unfortunately.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Kessel plays against 29 and Grabo 1?

Sorry, but Kessel does NOT show up against the other 29 NHL teams! He picks his spots, and against the rougher teams, he tends to play shy and hides.

It's laughable at times when he obviously fouls up a play to avoid taking a hit.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sorry, but Kessel does NOT show up against the other 29 NHL teams! He picks his spots, and against the rougher teams, he tends to play shy and hides.

It's laughable at times when he obviously fouls up a play to avoid taking a hit.

:laugh: at least your English was better in that post.

It doesn't happen as much as you wish it did. All the good things he does far outweighs his shyness of contact.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Terry Koshan ‏@koshtorontosun 1h
Scrivens just tried to smash his stick over the crossbar, and he threw his stick against boards

Terry Koshan ‏@koshtorontosun 48m
Scrivens says he is fine. Took a couple of shots in vulnerable areas.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 23m
Scrivens says he's bruised up but fine. No word if he starts tomorrow against Bruins (or any other lineup changes).

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
it's not like I see other Leaf players stepping up vs Boston.

Mark Fraser: heart and soul, brotherly love, 100% one-for-all musketeer (but I still question this teams "all-for-one" chemistry).

Who stuck up for Gunnarsson again while being man-handled by Myers last night? I would assume it should've been his defense partner at least.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago

If picking his spots allows him to be a PPG player over the past season and a half with Bozak as his center then great for him and great for the Leafs.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Mark Fraser: heart and soul, brotherly love, 100% one-for-all musketeer (but I still question this teams "all-for-one" chemistry).

Who stuck up for Gunnarsson again while being man-handled by Myers last night? I would assume it should've been his defense partner at least.

Dude's a mean SOB. Numerous times this year, he's quietly made his presence know to people who mix it up and frequently drop the gloves and they've backed off immediately.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Dude's a mean SOB. Numerous times this year, he's quietly made his presence know to people who mix it up and frequently drop the gloves and they've backed off immediately.

Reimer/Scrivens must love it when Fraser sweeps all trashing forwards off their crease after the whistle :laugh:

Penalty Kill Icing*

i dont think its just because he took a few shots in the sore spots
his arms are covered in bruises)

i think he's frustrated and senses he's losing his job - his last start he got pulled

Rather, One thing he should understand that Toronto takes you with open hands no matter how hard you suck at goaltending.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Obviously, this is a huge pair of games.

Could be a turning point in the season, good or bad. A couple of wins and then we're suddenly comfortably a playoff team heading into the stretch, and full of confidence after overcoming this bruins team. A couple of losses and we're stuck right in the middle of the playoff bubble again, and especially if they're bad losses, our confidence will be shaken.

Pretty huge series here.

One thing's for sure, if we ever want to be taken seriously we have to get over our mental block against this Bruins team. We've played them well this year so far but moral victories aren't enough....we need to get some points against them already.

This is gut check time for the Leafs. Time to see what this team's made of.

But damn does it suck that Lupul is suspended for the first game. We really need him against this team.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
We really could have used Lupul's physical play against Boston this saturday..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad