Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 3/23/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStreetBullies*

I don't know why everyone keys in on him when we play Boston. He's equally as soft against every other team. Not to mention the other 20 or so teams that have trouble meeting Boston's physicality.

No, just...no.

Asif16*

All this talk about Kessel being non-exixtent, you know who else is non-existent against the bruins?? Phaneuf. Dude dissapears like kessel. Doesnt play his game. And barely plays physical. The only time he gets involved, is when Horton starts talkin trash. Other than that, he's gona too

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
If the Leafs can snap the streak tomorrow, that would be amazing!!

Let's try to win one of the back to back Boston games :)

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
Remember 2005-2006 season where we couldn't beat the Sens no matter what, and those consecutive embarrassing blowouts? (8-0, 8-2, 7-0, etc)

Were people crying doom and gloom in this thread reacting the same way back then before games against the Sens?

These bad streaks happen. They WON'T last forever.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Bruins having a bit of hard time of late, particularly in the goal scoring department. Leafs seem to be having defensive problems of late, holy **** is Kadri on fire. 2 physical teams going at it on Leafs ice, this one is a jump ball. I would say good luck but that just wouldn't be sincere.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Remember 2005-2006 season where we couldn't beat the Sens no matter what, and those consecutive embarrassing blowouts? (8-0, 8-2, 7-0, etc)

Were people crying doom and gloom in this thread reacting the same way back then before games against the Sens?

I was totally going to bring this up. We couldn't beat the Sens to save our life, and it was only the past couple of years that the tide turned around and we often split the season series (or win it by 1 game, or they win it by 1 game).

Again, I don't think Boston is this "end all be all" albatross of this team. I think we'll figure out their number and it will be series splits, etc.

We'll beat them. :)

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
another huge game. at home HNIC.

recipe for a loss.

would be nice to start beating Boston though.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Is Feschuk trying to get the dumbest journalist in Toronto award?

Seriously..why can't we get some good journalism?

The Star bashes Kessel and says he could learn a lesson from Kadri when....he's 2nd on the team in points with Bozak on his line.

Thank god Kessel doesn't read the papers much...I can totally see why UFA's would hate to come to Toronto even if they were overpaid.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...sel_could_learn_from_nazem_kadri_feschuk.html

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto

I hate our media, I feel like with the limited writing classes I took in high school/university I could easily write for the Star sports section.

They're a huge problem for our teams, especially the Leafs. I think that was the part of the downfall of Burkie, he just gave them so much to work with by being in the media all the time. Nonis tends to stay away from the media unless it's something he has to address, and now the attention is more on the players and less on what their GM is saying about them.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Not to mention that because its Kessel, Chara plays that much harder and seems to personally enjoy shutting Kessel down. All the players that were apart of the Bruins when Kessel's contract demands were too high seem to take the whole thing personally against him, especially the captain. Also, Chara is the absolute worst matchup playing style-wise for him and it shows.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago

A lot of this board barely remembers those seasons.

Not to mention going 0-for-8 I believe it was in 2000-01 season before sweeping the Sens in the first round.

SteveV*

Good news tonight, Winnipeg loses and the Isles have lost the eight place scent now. Carolina two games in hand on Jets now, so they will likely fall out of third and drop below us.

gustavsson50

Jul 19, 2010
Brampton
I really hope reimer plays agains bruins. Even tho he was not good last game I still think he can pull a win for us. Just ****ing win
GO LEAFS GO

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If the Leafs can snap the streak tomorrow, that would be amazing!!

Let's try to win one of the back to back Boston games :)

******* that. Let's try and win both of these games.
Oh no, we're playing the bruins. Oh no Seguin is gonna score. Enough is enough. It's time to stop giving these guys so much respect. Play loose, play hard, no reason we can't beat them.

buntek

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto

The Star bashes Kessel and says he could learn a lesson from Kadri when....he's 2nd on the team in points with Bozak on his line.

Thank god Kessel doesn't read the papers much...I can totally see why UFA's would hate to come to Toronto even if they were overpaid.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...sel_could_learn_from_nazem_kadri_feschuk.html

"While also contributing to the cause beyond the points chart"

Did you just read the title of the article?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
"While also contributing to the cause beyond the points chart"

Did you just read the title of the article?

Yes, I read the entire article Mr. buntek.

I love how the media always needs to put down one guy to hype up another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad