Pre-Game Talk: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 3/23/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I have a feeling we have a real good chance to win, despite our poor play recently.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I am hoping for 2 points somehow in this home and away...W and L, OTL OTL, etc etc...

Anything more than that...and I'll be shocked :).

The Bruins aren't playing good hockey but...they've dropped the Leafs for 9-10 games straight. Some luck our way would be beautiful.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Fully expecting another loss. Will be surprised if we get a point.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm thinking I'll be a no-show for the two games, cause I'm sure that's what the Leafs are planning too.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Can't see us winning.

What's the most discouraging is the team's deteriorating defense.

We were top 15 in GA for the first half of the season, our goal differential was through the roof, and our goaltending was solid.

All of those things have disappeared over the last few weeks. The GA has gone back to where it's been the last...I don't even know how many years now?, in the bottom 10 of the league. Our goal differential is still positive, but it's a much smaller margin than it was before.

And the goaltending has regressed badly.

We went from having two goalies playing at .925+ sv% to both hovering around .910-.915 now, and in their most recent cumulative performances they're playing sub .900 calibre, which is NOT good enough.

I don't know if this team has it in them to make a complete 180 and play like they were playing earlier in the season.

That 6-0 beatdown of Montreal seems like an absolute mirage at this point.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
No way we should win this. Should be a blow out. This usually translates into points for the Leafs. Defying logic since god knows when, that's our boys ;)

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Regardless of the Bruin's struggles lately, we all know how this one will turn out. Kessel will vanish, Seguin will rise and the Toronto faithful will walk out of the ACC a disappointed bunch. 4-1 Bruins.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Regardless of the Bruin's struggles lately, we all know how this one will turn out. Kessel will vanish, Seguin will rise and the Toronto faithful will walk out of the ACC a disappointed bunch. 4-1 Bruins.

I think that's a good way of putting it.

That one goal will be scored or assisted by the Kadri line.

Honestly, Seguin is not a better player than Kessel but he has a TON of pride in playing against the Leafs. Our inconsistent goaltending and defense also helps.

Seguin would vanish just as much if he was a Leaf right now and Chara was on the other side while Kessel would be sniping goals.

I am not making excuses for Kessel but that would most certainly be the case.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Lots of positive thinking around here. :laugh: I'd settle for two points from these two games and run like a thief.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think that's a good way of putting it.

That one goal will be scored or assisted by the Kadri line.

Honestly, Seguin is not a better player than Kessel but he has a TON of pride in playing against the Leafs. Our inconsistent goaltending and defense also helps.

Seguin would vanish just as much if he was a Leaf right now and Chara was on the other side while Kessel would be sniping goals.

I am not making excuses for Kessel but that would most certainly be the case.

Yeah... it's too bad that in the NHL (and most other leagues), stats matter and "ifs" don't. Career totals:

Kessel vs Boston - 20GP, 3G, 6A, 9P, -20 rating

Seguin vs Toronto - 14GP, 10G, 6A, 16P, +9 rating

Going to be a gong show. :laugh:

PS: I understand what you're saying, but stats are all that count in reality.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
To the pessimists, if you know the result... if you're so sure of it, why waste 3 hours of your life by watching the game? Go Leafs Go! This Leaf squad is too good on paper to miss the playoffs. If they do... um... did we try firing the coach? :help:

9 teams 8 slots... the odds should be for us... baring that dreaded 18 wheeler, and to be fair, we aren't making the playoffs with this team defense. We need the defense that came out at the start of the season. and Morgan Rielly can't come up fast enough. He's like a first overall or something! *cough Seth Jones cough* Same birth year, 7 months apart.

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show/type/top_scorers/ls_season/242/subtype/1

I blame team defense for all our losses for the last month. Goaltending has neither stolen games nor cost them.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Best to replace Kessel with Hamilton for the game. I don't think it will get any worse. Yes, I am serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad