Confirmed Trade: [BOS/BUF] Taylor Hall (50%) and Curtis Lazar for Anders Bjork and 2021 2nd round pick

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I’m surprised there wasn’t a conditional pick in the deal in case Hall re-signs with the Bruins. Even a 3rd rounder would be totally worth it for the Bruins to pay for that, and then the Sabres get a little something extra.

If the Bruins choose to re-sign him it is because he is worth it. And giving a 3rd (or whatever) is by far a great deal to get a 1st line-level winger. Maybe the Sabres asked and Bruins said no. We will never know.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I’m surprised there wasn’t a conditional pick in the deal in case Hall re-signs with the Bruins. Even a 3rd rounder would be totally worth it for the Bruins to pay for that, and then the Sabres get a little something extra.

If the Bruins choose to re-sign him it is because he is worth it. And giving a 3rd (or whatever) is by far a great deal to get a 1st line-level winger. Maybe the Sabres asked and Bruins said no. We will never know.

I’m pretty sure the league got rid of conditional picks based on re-signing players.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I’m pretty sure the league got rid of conditional picks based on re-signing players.
This is true.

I'm wondering if Buffalo tried to get any condition based on performance, but Sweeney had them by the balls on this deal.

That said, given Hall only cost Buffalo money last off season in a season they'll mostly like to forget, they got a 2nd and an NHL ready young player, hey it's something.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
This is true.

I'm wondering if Buffalo tried to get any condition based on performance, but Sweeney had them by the balls on this deal.

That said, given Hall only cost Buffalo money last off season in a season they'll mostly like to forget, they got a 2nd and an NHL ready young player, hey it's something.

I would have ate money to turn the (appears to be now) late 50s pick into a late 20s pick.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
This is true.

They could have added a condition on playoff performance such as make final 4 it becomes a 1st similar to Boston getting jags from Dallas.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Bjork has been pretty good on this dumpster fire of a team. 2 goals tonight and the only goal in the SOW. Most TOI among all forwards. Coach is letting him play. Hes at 3-3-6 since he came over

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I'm really happy that this trade worked out for both teams. Bjork has a lot more to show and is doing great at the moment. Hall is back to being himself.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I'm really happy that this trade worked out for both teams. Bjork has a lot more to show and is doing great at the moment. Hall is back to being himself.

Hall still cherry picking? Seemed that's all he did with the Sabres and then when the Sabres played Boston. Can't wait to see how Boston handles that in the playoffs when the game collapses.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bjork has been pretty good on this dumpster fire of a team. 2 goals tonight and the only goal in the SOW. Most TOI among all forwards. Coach is letting him play. Hes at 3-3-6 since he came over

Bjork has a lot of talent/skill, he just had no confidence in Boston anymore. He was always looking over his shoulder waiting for Cassidy to bench him because he didn't drink from his water bottle right. I know myself and many Bruins fans are happy for Bjork to get a new opportunity because he's a really good kid, good teammate and just was in a bad spot here in Boston.

Last edited:

Ygo

Oct 19, 2015
Hall still cherry picking? Seemed that's all he did with the Sabres and then when the Sabres played Boston. Can't wait to see how Boston handles that in the playoffs when the game collapses.
What? Hall was mostly good in But, especially at the start of the year and he and the team had terrible shooting % (bad luck perhaps). No secret that the old coach stifled the transition game and that had major impacts across the whole offence. What he is doing on the Bruins is what he is. No reason for low blows because the results were not there in Buff... team stinks, coaching stunk, and some low shooting % that was bound to regress

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
What? Hall was mostly good in But, especially at the start of the year and he and the team had terrible shooting % (bad luck perhaps). No secret that the old coach stifled the transition game and that had major impacts across the whole offence. What he is doing on the Bruins is what he is. No reason for low blows because the results were not there in Buff... team stinks, coaching stunk, and some low shooting % that was bound to regress
Hall was good but snakebitten but during the last month he was pretty awful and kept turning the puck over like it was a live grenade.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
IMO I view it as a win for Bjork getting more of an opportunity with more important minutes. Lazar chasing a cup (he just fits that playoff mold you throw a 6-7th at the deadline to get for your 4th line) which is a win for him. Hall gets a redemption shot and another shot at a playoff run which is a win for him.

Buffalo wins Boston wins. This is a tie because everyone won.

Scorlov

May 17, 2021
Wish we gave the Mantha haul minus Vrana for Hall and had both Hall and Vrana for the playoff run. Was obvious that Hall would dominate if he has something to play for. Instead the Bruins are gonna spank us because half our roster has cement skates :facepalm:

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
IMO I view it as a win for Bjork getting more of an opportunity with more important minutes. Lazar chasing a cup (he just fits that playoff mold you throw a 6-7th at the deadline to get for your 4th line) which is a win for him. Hall gets a redemption shot and another shot at a playoff run which is a win for him.

Buffalo wins Boston wins. This is a tie because everyone won.

All of those players win, sure. Boston wins because Hall is helping them win.
Buffalo loses. Buffalo always loses.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Wish we gave the Mantha haul minus Vrana for Hall and had both Hall and Vrana for the playoff run. Was obvious that Hall would dominate if he has something to play for. Instead the Bruins are gonna spank us because half our roster has cement skates :facepalm:

Hall wanted Boston

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Everyone likes trashing on Buffalo, I get it, it's easy. However, Hall admitted that he used his no-trade clause to force his way to Boston. Buffalo took what they could get. Time to move on.

Reactions: Treb and wintersej

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Everyone likes trashing on Buffalo, I get it, it's easy. However, Hall admitted that he used his no-trade clause to force his way to Boston. Buffalo took what they could get. Time to move on.
Hall was a rental for Buffalo when they signed him. They knew going into the agreement that they would be retaining his salary when they traded him. They got what they could for him given his poor season up to that point in time.

Only thing they could have done was maybe put a conditional performance based draft pick in the deal, where the 2nd round pick increases to a 1st round pick if Boston makes the final 4.

This is Hall's first playoff shot on a good team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad