Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I’m just now sitting to watch the game. I spent the evening watching a performance of Prokofiev’s 5th Symphony. A very Russian piece of music. This was the piece he wrote at the close of WWII. Anyway, thought maybe Elk would appreciate that.
My dad was a high school music teacher. He taught me "Peter and the Wolf" just about note for note.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
My dad was a high school music teacher. He taught me "Peter and the Wolf" just about note for note.
Before the intermission, they did this historical mixed media thing with voice actors with a biography of Prokofiev, punctuated with snippets of lots of different of his music. They played parts of Peter and the Wolf. Then after intermission the full 5th.

I’m pretty glad I didn’t stay home to watch this mess.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Wow .... I have been thumping the "Don't get over confident" drum for some time, but now I want to mic it through a PA! This team is trying to be too cute! Grrrr ....

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Former music teacher here... impossible to find a non-elementary job so I switched to high school math. Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf and Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring were what started it all. I went and saw Coco tonight. Best Pixar film in a while.
Beautiful compositions! I'm a Bach fan myself. Air on a G string, Jesu Joy, Choral Prelude in E, Sleepers Awake, and of course, Toccata and Fugue in D minor. On topic, I hate it when this team thinks they are the Oilers in the '80's! Much to many fans dismay, this is not a "run and gun" team. They perform much better with a "lunch bucket - bump and grind" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad