Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
What's the consensus on paying Thompson for Zuccarello? I'm higher on our two 1sts from this past draft, but as other have stated, we might want to wait for a C (Turris, Duchene, Tavares) becomes available and save our pieces for a trade for one of them. I think Zucc would fit this team like a glove, but there are bigger fish out there (im just not sure we can land them).

Upon further review, I wonder if Kyrou + Schmaltz would put us in the Zucc convo?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Idk, I like Zucc, But, I think if we are looking at players on multiple year deals we should be targeting players in their early to mid 20s. But, that's just me. We need to start clearing out the older players like Bergy and Sobotka due to Kostin, Thomas, Thompson, and maybe Kyrou being ready in the next 1-3 years.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
If Thompson were the ask for Zuccarello, I think you make that deal. Zuccarello is signed for one more year after this at 4.5 AAV. Speedy, skilled RW would slot in perfectly next to Schenn. I will also disclose I’m not as high on Thompson as others on here seem to be. I think getting Thomas/Kostin this year makes him expendable for the right deal.

Steen-Stastny-Vlad
Schwartz-Schenn-Zuc
Sobotka-Barbashev-Blais
4th line

That’s not bad at all.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
If Thompson were the ask for Zuccarello, I think you make that deal. Zuccarello is signed for one more year after this at 4.5 AAV. Speedy, skilled RW would slot in perfectly next to Schenn. I will also disclose I’m not as high on Thompson as others on here seem to be. I think getting Thomas/Kostin this year makes him expendable for the right deal.

Steen-Stastny-Vlad
Schwartz-Schenn-Zuc
Sobotka-Barbashev-Blais
4th line

That’s not bad at all.

Yeah I would do that in a heartbeat, Zuccarello is a really good player. That being said I think Rangers ask for more with roughly 2 years left of Zuc just my opinion

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
A good guy to target would be Sam Reinhart. What he's realistically available for I don't know, but his value is probably as low as it ever will be. He's a very good hockey player in the midst of a stretch of extremely poor luck on a shit team.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't think the Blues have those pieces for Reinhart. Id imagine Buffalo would want proven help, which we need. Blues have futures to trade for now help

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Reinhart would be nice but yeah I don't think we have the pieces to realistically get him. He'd be a good fit between Schwartz and Schenn. I'm still not a fan of Schenn at center.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Reinhart would be nice but yeah I don't think we have the pieces to realistically get him. He'd be a good fit between Schwartz and Schenn. I'm still not a fan of Schenn at center.
That is one of the reasons I don't really wanna go after Zucc. We need a center, Schenn at center isn't a great fit.

Buffalo seems to need everything, defense especially. Though I don't know what they'd ask given the situation of Reinhart.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Does Reinhart even play center at the NHL level though? I havn't watched any Buffalo games but I've been under the impression he's been on wing....and his skating is still an issue

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I honestly don't know anything about Reinhart aside from Sabres fans proclaiming him as the "smartest" player in the league. If he doesn't play center then I'm not interested anymore. Don't want another Fabbri situation where we never know whether he's a center or not.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
To be fair, not many people would be playing Reinhart at C over Eichel and ROR. If Reinhart is wing on the 3rd line, then you have an issue. If they would rather he be in the Top 6 than at C, that is understandable. Just because he is delegated to wing in favor of those two, does not mean he cannot play center. I will admit, I have yet to watch any Buffalo this year and not a lot last year, so I can't say for sure. He is listed as playing on ROR's wing with Okposo in the GDTs, so that should be a top 6 role.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Dare i say it.... Fabbri for Reinhart. Two players that haven't really made it work for completely different reasons. Maybe a fresh start could help both. And yes, i realize an add would be needed from our end but holding onto our other top prospects is at the top of my priority list.

Reactions: simon in canada

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri doesn't need a fresh start...he just needs a start. Buffalo wouldn't touch that with a 100ft pole. Fabbri has zero value right now

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Fabbri really doesn't have value. It's be a year and a 1/2 since is 1st injury when he finally gets back. Our best bet is to put him on a bridge deal and put him in the AHL on a conditioning stint (you don't need waivers to put a player on a conditioning stint) to begin next year to get him up to speed and hope he's still the Fabbri we all remember.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
It's been said before but another guy I highly recommend acquiring is Alex Galchenyuk. He's a very good player and I could see him working very well with our group. His issues are overblown completely.

With Montreal in panic mode and him not being a fit, there's an odd chance we can get him for cheap.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I highly doubt we have the pieces to trade for Galchenyuk. They are trying to get a #1c last time i checked we ding have one of those.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Its not a 1c thats an issue in getting Galchenyuk. They want a scoring forward....we have 2...that we're not trading. Just not a fit. Now If I was Vegas... a Neal package would be realistic to an extent.

If Montreal said f*** it and blew it up...MAYBE we could put something together but we dont have the cap space to add him.

A deal may have been workable with Berglund+ since they are abysmal at center. Id be real happy to rescue Galchenyuk from that dumster full of flaming tires.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
What happens if Galy is what he is: he hasn’t been a center on the top lines. Everything is based on potential, but at some point it isn’t coaching anymore. It is the player

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Anyone think that Gunnar for Bozak would work in a sense? Not sure what side would add. I still think Schmaltz for Bozak is a great basis for a trade right now. Gunnar doesn't exactly fit TORs needs as well as Schmaltz does but clearing Gunnar keeps Dunn in our lineup when JBO gets healthy.

Imo would be a great time to sell high on Gunnar. He's looked good this year in a higher capacity and difficulty role, I just don't think we have a need for him and I do not want to see Dunn get sent down or benched he's rolling right now.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah I'd do something like Gunnarson, Schmaltz, Sobotka for Gally. Gives the Habs the reinforcements they need in the back and a center to help. I'm watching them play right now and it's completely a defense problem. They can't score cause they can't get out of their own end.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
What happens if Galy is what he is: he hasn’t been a center on the top lines. Everything is based on potential, but at some point it isn’t coaching anymore. It is the player

Galchenyuk has averaged 50 points every 82 games played. Put him on a line with Schwartz and Schenn and there’s little doubt he’d produce.

The meltdown in Montreal is in full swing. It would be nice to somehow land Galy I just don't see it happening.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I wouldn't count out Turris either (if we're really not sold on Schenn at center).

Steen-Stastny-Tank
Schwartz-Turris-Schenn
Berglund-Barbashev-Sobotka
4th line (Some combo of Paajarvi, Jaskin, Megan, Sund, Brodziak, etc.)

What Ottawa would want?

I think we're all in agreement that the top six is target. :laugh: Says a lot about how we've built the rest of the team, too. :nod:

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
For Reinhart, my guess is Buffalo would want a deal based around Dunn. I probably wouldn't do that deal as I'd prefer to deal from our depth of forward prospects.

For Galchenyuk, I'd hope for some sort of Bergevin gonna Bergevin type of deal where we can get him for Berglund/Sobotka +. If not, idk what sort of price I'd be willing to pay in terms of prospects as he's in that grey area between C and W just like Schenn.

For Turris, I'd imagine the deal would start with Thompson as their RW depth is not good. I'd probably start with Thompson+Schmaltz+cap balance if he's just a rental. Turris is probably the best center who's potentially available outside of Tavares. I personally think he'd be a great fit, he adds a RHS to the top 6, and his next contract would be manageable as the raise would be covered by the pay cut or departure of Stastny and the cap ceiling increase.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Okay, the Zuc for Tage proposal. A 6'5" 19 yr old, on an ELC, for a 5'7" 30 yr old earning 4.5 mil. Okay, go ahead and flame me for disliking this proposal! Please explain to me how Z is the missing piece we've been waiting for, the guy who will lead the parade down Market St. After all, he's done so much for the Rags.:sarcasm: Sorry for the sarcasm, but I just don't get this.

Reactions: The Note in Ky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad