Half-Assed GDT: Blues Nucks: Hockey After Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
But....sadly....lots of errant passes have sabotaged this double minor PP.

They DID get off a few good shots with teammates in position. At least they are using the right strategy. Just suffering from poor execution.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
if anyone is looking for intermission reading, i posted my initial thoughts on tonight's chl top prospect game in the 2024 draft thread on here. i'm not a scout, just a guy who watches lots and lots of hockey (because i don't have kids and my work is slow these days).

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
The blues should just throw the puck at the net and look for the rebound. DeSmith having trouble with those

Reactions: BlueKnight

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It looked like Walker was tripped. The Blues were playing in a defensive, tight-checking shell for almost the whole second half of this period, reminding me of how The '67-68 Expansion Blues played against The "original 6" during that season, - staying in the shell, and hoping to steal an errant pass and pop it in the net, when given a break. They even had their two defencemen lingering outside The O-Zone Blueline, not even entering when teammates were in complete control after 8-10 seconds inside. But, it helped them keep the 2-goal lead going into The 3rd Period. Too bad they didn't up their lead to 3 during the 4-minute minor .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad