Half-Assed GDT: Blues Nucks: Hockey After Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
my recollection is we offered 1 year and vancouver gave him 2. not that he would fix our problems, but that shouldn't have happened. we couldn't pay him 1.65mm (total not average) over 2 years like canucks did? he is exactly kinda guy you want in bottom 6. as he is showing in vancouver.
Yeah, I didn't expect him to do as well as he currently is in Vancouver. We probably picked Toropchenko over Joshua, which made sense, but it's looking obvious that Joshua should've been on the team somewhere in that 11th-14th forward slot last season.

We just gave a 2 year, 1-way contract to Nathan Walker for reasons, why didn't we do that for Joshua? Joshua at least brings an element that is useful on the 4th line.

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And damn, Joshua has 17 points in his last 22 games, playing 15 minutes a game. God, I hope he doesn't turn into a Walman.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, I didn't expect him to do as well as he currently is in Vancouver. We probably picked Toropchenko over Joshua, which made sense, but it's looking obvious that Joshua should've been on the team somewhere in that 11th-14th forward slot last season.

We just gave a 2 year, 1-way contract to Nathan Walker for reasons, why didn't we do that for Joshua? Joshua at least brings an element that is useful on the 4th line.
Well, back in that 2022 season I at the time thought it didn’t make sense why we were playing Toro over Joshua. I thought Joshua always looked like the better player. And that looks even worse now.

I think this is part of the reason I still don’t understand some of the hype Toropchenko gets from Blues fans. I think he’s barely even an NHL player.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
After a hot start, Walman has 5pts in his last 20 games.
And? No one is claiming Joshua is a top 6 forward or Walman is a top pair dman. Both are still 27 and capable of playing quality minutes.

I'm a big fan of Leddy, but with where we are at as an organziation, if we could magically swap Leddy with Walman, I would. If I could magically swap Joshua with at least a few of our forwards, I would.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well, back in that 2022 season I at the time thought it didn’t make sense why we were playing Toro over Joshua. I thought Joshua always looked like the better player. And that looks even worse now.

I think this is part of the reason I still don’t understand some of the hype Toropchenko gets from Blues fans. I think he’s barely even an NHL player.
Yeah, I agree. I didn't see the upside in Joshua, figured he'd be like Toropchenko where it really wouldn't matter if he left, he's just be a physical 4th line player that is a dime a dozen. I was wrong.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Wow!!! I never would have expected The Blues to come out skating like a house on fire after a long trip across the country and on the 2nd night of a back-to back! I'm impressed. What great 1st period. Lots of net presence. That's what produces goals. Keep it up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad